Home

Come to Outcast Strategy for all your Multiplayer Needs!

Kurgan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found an error. Minimum force attack gives the blue stance, not yellow. In single play you get medium, light, then heavy but in multiplay its light, medium, heavy.

Ill test it again in a little bit to be sure but I rarly forget little things like that.

-Edit: just confirmed. Rank 1 in attack gives only light stance, rank 2 is light and medium, and of course everyone knows rank 3.

Another minor error found under Jedi Mind Trick, last paragraph:

"When facing Force Seeing, listen for the footsteps and saber hum of the enemy, or turn on Force Seeing to reveal them. Once their cover is blown, they will either attack you are flee, so be prepared for what comes next!" When facing "mind trick" liste...

Thanks Ender, and I give you props as well, as you'll note. ; )

Sadly I'm going to be slow to finish what I started with this crappy ISP deal, but I did make some small updates in the last two days (namely in the forms of some much needed pics).

Let me know if the site is killing the dial-up users yet, heh.

looks pretty good.....but one question...

WHY DOES EVERYBODY USE LUCASFORUMS!?!?! DOESN'T ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO SET UP THEIR OWN FORUMS (i don't know about anybody else but i prefer to see sites where people go out and do the work....and then they can get their own colour schemes too........)

Okay, keep in mind that this is my "day off" from hiking the Appalachian Trail (I'm at a library computer in Virginia right now) and I won't have internet for the next 5 days or so until I get home (assuming the cable company really does hook up my new ISP right away, which I doubt).

The link to the Anti-Saberist code needs to be updated, and without my computer, I can't do that (I emailed Swoosh about it just a minute ago).

Anyhow, as to the forums, well, they're already paid for, and OS is part of the LFN so I don't see why using their forums is a problem, all hosted sites are entitled to have their own forums. We could mess around with the style and colors, but I just don't feel it's necessary. ; )

I've been thinking about what to add for the 1.03 updates, and I finally got a chance to watch AOTC, but I can't really do anything right now, have to wait until I get back! Thanks for the feedback people. I calculated that it will take about 3 hours to get all my email from my kurgan@jediknightii.net account when I finally do get to access it again (Ugh).

2003 Update: As last February, all my email accounts are dead except for kurgan@mchsi.com. I would like to get the @jediknightii.net one working again, but I need help with that.

:c3po:

Lightsaber Strategies

Attack, Flip, Attack

The potential in the Fast Style is endless, but the medium style has its perks, too. This must be done with precision and timing. When your enemy lets his guard down (An easy way to do this is to wait a while after taking a few hits, kill your saber, etc. Jum forward and take a horizontal slash. He'll probably block it, but be persistent. Strafe left, but quickly Strafe-Flip right. Slash horizontally immeadiately as you hit the ground, and you should fake him and get him at the side.

The Shooting Saber

Pull a LOT of fast blows with the saber on Fast style. Immediately whip out the Bryar to fake out your opponent. Shoot off into a corner, and he may turn to look. If not, good for him, but whip out the saber and sway side to side while slashing at him. Every other time, shoot with the E11 or something to piss him off. Remember, for light Jedi, it's easier to kill on defense.

Pull to Crotch Shot

Force pull you opponent, then flip over him and get him in a corner. Take a few head shots, jump, and land in a Crouching position. Then give him a good ol' crotch jab with that glowing rod in your hand.

Other Secret Moves

Crawling Saber

Crouch, then throw your saber. While the saber is in the air, jump to catch it. It'll swerve up and the guy ahead of you won't guess that it'll hit him in the head.

Rollback

Crouch+Forward+Crouch+Back+Jump+Crouch+Back

Technically, this should get you to roll forward first, then retreat, and do more damage to the opponent on the second roll backwards.

Powerpunch

Keep your finger on the 7 key, and make sure you have good shielding. Stay on the defensive side, take a lot of hits, then snap up the DEMP 2 and tost his ass before he sees it coming.

:fett: VS. :jawa :jawa :ewok: :ewok: = :biggs: ?????:confused:

:c3po:

In & Out

Keep you opponent on Defense. Once he is faked, Force Push him away. Then Flip and land in a Crouch+Forward+Attack. Then Flip back and wait for him to recuperate. If you do it right, he'll never know what hit him.

The "Reborn" Trick

Allow your self to stay on defense and keep your guard loose. Then, strike once or twice, and let your guard fall again. Once he's sure he can beat you, press Forward+Jump+Attack and you'll pull one of those fancy flipping things and spin to Hit him in the back. It's a 3 Point Hit, once in the front, once overhead, and once in the back. The Reborn do it all the time in single player, and if your opponent is willing enough to underestimate you, he'll fall for this.

A NON-Jedi????

[The "Reborn" Trick

Allow your self to stay on defense and keep your guard loose. Then, strike once or twice, and let your guard fall again. Once he's sure he can beat you, press Forward+Jump+Attack and you'll pull one of those fancy flipping things and spin to Hit him in the back. It's a 3 Point Hit, once in the front, once overhead, and once in the back. The Reborn do it all the time in single player, and if your opponent is willing enough to underestimate you, he'll fall for this.

A NON-Jedi???? [/b]

I have tried doing this trick but it seems to be very hard to execute......I only manage to do it a few time by chance...do I tab the keys or hold it???

Nice job guys, though if you want a shot at getting that stuff posted, please email it to me (kurgan@mchsi.com) or better yet send it to Swoosh. I haven't had time to check the forums as often as I'd like (no net access at home yet).

But, posting here is good too I guess so others can see it before it (eventually) gets posted! ; )

It's a simple tactic but its useful in duel maps.For this move you need level 3 grip and heavy styled saber.Make your oppenet follow you and take him near a corner then grip him and take him to a corner get very neaa him as you grip .When grip ends he falls down choking hit him and he will die instanously

Originally posted by Blackprince

The "Reborn" Trick

He's talking about the Medium finisher move. Tap Forward+Jump+Attack with Medium when someone is right in front of you. You have to have a red reticule on them for it to happen. Your guy will kind of dive down headfirst and stab with the saber, and then flourish his saber out to the right. This technique is actually pretty effective. Let your opponent think he is on the offense and sit back and parry a bit. When he tries to be more aggressive, do the Medium finisher. You should dive right on top of him and stab him, and if that doesn't kill him, your flourish with the blade will. Be careful not to use it too frequently, though, because it leaves you wide open for a long time.

I haven't found anyone who can consistently defeat absorb with pull or backstab yet. I use dark force powers and tend to win all my matches when I use force pull and a finishing move combo. I admittedly do not do well without force. Of all the combos in the game there is none that will take out any combination of pull/push and backstab/roundhouse. If there is please let me know. There is some other "cool" moves but when it comes to just ruthlessly beating your opponent down go for kick then drain then pull then backstab. Works every time.

Always stick to da basics if u wanna win (well of most time we just wanna look cool rolling fliping and wall running...) in medium stance, a simple strafe left slash follow by a right one comes out as fast as though it is only one hit but deals a sweet 60 hp

mind trick + kick while saber is off is da sweeeetest stealth move ever

when playing as merc, always aim below da belt, jedis have trouble blocking low and if they crouch, all da deflect shots goes diagonally up over ur head plus he will have a hard time getting near ur while crouch walking

when confuse, hold theromal den for 3 seconds and run into enemy

I'd have to give this site 5 stars for service. I was frustrated with my constant ass kickings in multiplayer but this site enlightened me further about the mystery of the ForcE. Kudos to who made that site and post more stuff later :D. Or I shall destroy you with my newbie powers!! :atat: :atat:

if you want you can put links to some of the articles on my site

http://jkhq.ath.cx/strategy.php

thats the page with all the articles

and then their is also Weapons, Force Powers and Saber (coming soon) on the sidebar that you could link to

but if you do, it would be nice if you could give me credit by making it a link to my site and not just putting the information on your site

YES 400 POSTS!:D

Archived