Home

Lighsaber combat too arbitrary?

tempest8008

The stances have helped with this, but I still feel that the lightsaber swings are too arbitrary. You click 'attack' and depending on your stance and how you are moving, you swing your saber a certain way.

There's gotta be a better way to set this up.

My idea for the mouse is when you click and hold the attack button, your view locks because you're ATTACKING and how you move the mouse is how your swing goes.

You click and use the mouse to swipe side to side, and you swing side to side. Or up and down, or in circles. Now click the right mouse button and move the mouse forward to stab, or back to stab backwards, or sideways to do a spinning slash in that direction. You can still move around while doing all of this, but it's just your view that is locked. Heck, to make it easier when you lock your view it locks on your TARGET, so your view follows it. This would allow you to do your own blocks when they are swinging their sabers at you, as well as create your own attacks.

Crouch and stab forward to lunge, stuff like that.

I'm not too sure how this would work for a gamepad, but with a joystick it would be like you were holding the hilt of your lightsaber.

Anyone with additional thoughts on this CRITICAL and LIFE CHANGING matter?

;)

wouldnt be able to differentiate between downward swing and a lunge? unless other buttons were involved, then it would just become too complex. i've thought about it before, but this is probly the best option. plus view locking would allow other players to get behind you if you go for a big swing.

But if you are tracking your target, your view is turning to follow it. So you would be turning to face your target as you are taking your big swing.

Maybe the downward swing could be accomplished by moving the mouse up the raise the saber, then quickly pulling the mouse down. There woudn't be any pre-arranged swings, your mouse movement would BE the swings.

If you really would like to get a game that will help you practice the combo key attack method!

Try "Blade of Darkness" that one will help you immensely!

Plus it's one heck of game too. You can wack an arm off of one the goules, and use it as a weapon on the next one, or his head for that matter what ever body part that comes off you can use for a weapon... (gruesome huh;) )

( not worth a crap online though, but the price is down to about 20.00 U.S. now)

~Nomad~

Archived