Home

GameCube

TheJackal_jk2

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by TheJackal

I'M GETTING THIS PUPPY!

I'm not :D

Don't ask me why unless you want to get into a huge debate. PS2 still is the greatest, and it came out first...nuff said.

Guest Boba Rhett

GC's gonna rock! I can't wait until Zelda is released for it. It's going to cost $199. $100 less than PS2 I might add.....

Guest Gamma732

I got a PS2, don't plan on getting a gamecube or an xbox. I'm not really into many Nintendo game franchises...Yep, I'm prally the only guy here that doesn't like Zelda.....I don't like FF for that matter either ;) As for the xbox....I've only heard bad stuff about that thing. Which one is the one that suppoesedly has a horrible controller?

Guest Boba Rhett

The X-box. :D And good ol' Bill is forcing many stores to sell the X-box bundled with alot of software and other things bringing the cost to around $1,200!! :rolleyes:

Guest Gamma732

Yes! I read that too. That is such BS. He's shooting himself in the foot. Since we're on the topic of bad xbox gossip: I also read that one of the things actually crashed at E3.....

Guest Boba Rhett

LOL. well, why wouldn't it? After all, it is running on a modified Windows operating system. Didn't Windows ME crash at a public showing also? LOL. :p

Guest Sherack Nhar

Guys, lay off the Console War until LucasConsoles is launched!

I'm thinking of having a specific forum about that on the new site... And look forward to my Console War Article too! Okay I'm finished plugging LucasConsoles now :D

Zelda is awesome! It's so old school! If you look closely at the environements, you'll see that they look exactly like those on SNES!

Mario, on the other hand, had me a little disappointed. It was way too early to show in my opinion, they used the textures and sound from the N64 Mario. Blah.

I'll be getting a Gamecube eventually. But not until either Zelda or Sonic Adventure 3 is released! I'm a little short on cash, I need to build up my DC library before moving on to GC.

Guest Master Yoda

Im preodering the GameCube,smash bros mellee, and Rogue Squadron II. The GameCube is going to rule the console market. The X-Box is dead already so they wont have worry about it, and the ps2 doesnt have any good games out for it unless u like sports games and the GameCube is going to have quite a few of them as well so....

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Master Yoda

the ps2 doesnt have any good games out for it unless u like sports games

How can you say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teken Tag

Gran Turismo 3

Metal Gear Solid (soon)

Starfighter

Final Fantasy X (which will outsell any nintendo game by far)

SSX

Twisted Metal Black

Teken 4 (soon)

and many more......

Those are just the very best one, and they will have over 200 titles out by the time gcube comes out with it's first 25.

BTW, gcube is $100 less coz it doesn't have a DVD player.

PS2 for me.

I might get GameCube when it has more than 3 Games!!!:mad: (N64 Flashback)

The PS2 has the games en mass and the quality is great because they have more experiance with this system. Like I said I might get the GameCube in 2 or 3 years...right now...not a chance.

X-Box might be good...If it didn't have a problem of dedicated backing. It has to make it's own backing from scatch while Nintendo and Sony have a large fanbase. So I'm afraid X-Box with all it's potential...will be a minor sucess.

Guest Master Yoda

the GameCube will have 20 titles out when it launches. Im not going to reply a again because we have already been through this before.

Guest Sherack Nhar
BTW, gcube is $100 less coz it doesn't have a DVD player.
That's right, the Gamecube is what it's supposed to be: a gaming machine.

Sony and Microsoft are trying to sell something that's a gaming machine, a DVD player, a USB device, etc. What's next? A toaster?

PS9: the Toaster of the Future. Experience the Toast.

Seriously... Many of the games you mentionned Tie Guy are so-so (for example, Tekken Tag, SSX).

FF is on its downfall, especially with FFXI being online. A blatant rip-off of Phantasy Star Online. Bleh.

With Sonic Team on their side, Nintendo has all the cards it needs to "win".

EDIT: This has gone too far now. Stop this arguing at once or I'll be forced to close the topic. I've seen entire communities ruined because of such futile arguments (FFonline).

the GameCube will have 20 titles out when it launches. Im not going to reply a again because we have already been through this before.

PS2 will have over 100 titles by the end of this year.:D

the ps2 doesnt have any good games out for it unless u like sports games

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Metal Gear Solid 2, Dynast Warriors 3 (or 2), Kessen II, SW-StarFighter, Onimishu Warlords, Ace Combat 4, Final Fantasy X and XI, Half-Life, Max Payne, Medal Of Honor Frontline, and these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my HEAD!!!

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

That's right, the Gamecube is what it's supposed to be: a gaming machine.

Sony and Microsoft are trying to sell something that's a gaming machine, a DVD player, a USB device, etc. What's next? A toaster?

PS9: the Toaster of the Future. Experience the Toast.

Seriously... Many of the games you mentionned Tie Guy are so-so (for example, Tekken Tag, SSX).

FF is on its downfall, especially with FFXI being online. A blatant rip-off of Phantasy Star Online. Bleh.

With Sonic Team on their side, Nintendo has all the cards it needs to "win".

EDIT: This has gone too far now. Stop this arguing at once or I'll be forced to close the topic. I've seen entire communities ruined because of such futile arguments (FFonline).

You could say the same thing about the computer.

The Pentium 27, a toaster, and so much more. :D

BTW, i'd like to have a microwave on it, so you could make popcorn for yourself during the movie. Or how bout a washing machine, or a lamp, that would be usefull. :D

Anyways, the bottom line is that a DVD player doesn't reduce performance, it is only a bonus. It is everything that a gcube will be PLUS and DVD. It only adds to it, i don't see how that can be a point of argument.

And don't you be dissing Final Fantasy. They aren't on the downfall, just ask one of 2 million people in Japan that has it.

Guest Master Yoda

But i would rather not pay extra 100 bucks for the DVD.

PS2 will have over 100 titles by the end of this year.

It doesnt matter how many titles you have its how good they are and the will have SSX for GameCube but itll an ENHANCED version called SSX Tricky!!

Guest Sherack Nhar

Uh, SSX Tricky is going on all consoles, last time I heard.

Please guys, if you really want to debate things like that, at least do it with true and confirmed facts. That will avoid a lot of frustration.

But i would rather not pay extra 100 bucks for the DVD.

PS2 will have over 100 titles by the end of this year.

It doesnt matter how many titles you have its how good they are and the will have SSX for GameCube but itll an ENHANCED version called SSX Tricky!!

PS2 will have an ENHANCED version also!!!! SSX Tricky wow same name:p

N64's trouble was it went for quality too.:(

The strategy doesn't work as well as they thought. It has very few games I've got every game I would ever want to play on that system. (20:( ) Nintendo...they are releasing 20 titles upon release. 23 titles by the end of the year...considering their acuracy rating on most of their games...3 or 4 will be hits...possibly. The main game I would want out of that is Super Smash 2. Luigi's Mansion???strike 1. Fox's Dino Adventure??? strike 2. No Zelda or Metroid game until next fall at the least??? strike 3 I'm not buying.

I'll wait on the outcome of this Console. For now. It's PS2 all the way. If GameCube shapes up to be a good system I might get it in 2 or 3 years, but I'm not going out and waisting my money on a console that doesn't generate games. PS2 has proven it's worth...now GameCube???

Guest Master Yoda

N64 was ALOT harder to make games for than the GameCabe is.You will never be able to get all the games you want on one console which one reason i like PCs, but Ill buy GameCube for Smash Bros 2,Zelda,Rogue Leader(yes i know it will probably come out on pc),and quite a few others. Ps2 just doesnt have enough games that i like, and X-Box straight out sucks so i wont get it.

N64 was ALOT harder to make games for than the GameCabe is.You will never be able to get all the games you want on one console which one reason i like PCs, but Ill buy GameCube for Smash Bros 2,Zelda,Rogue Leader(yes i know it will probably come out on pc),and quite a few others. Ps2 just doesnt have enough games that i like, and X-Box straight out sucks so i wont get it.

Have you researched this at all???

For a year I have been diciding my fate. Only recently did I decide PS2. GameCube is good...but I'll wait on it:D

(no need waisting $200 on a system that doesn't know the ropes yet. I'll check the system out if it is a huge sucess, but otherwise I'll pass)

Archived