Home

does anyone know much about .FCF (force config) files??

BigMexican

i was wondering whether i could edit them outside the game? eg, with notepad, like .cfg files? if so, what command lines do i need to type in the files to assign points to different force powers. is there a way to prioritise them? eg, on a jedi master server i have all my chosen powers, but if the server is only jedi knight, then i may want to lose my saber throw and absorb, instead of my heal and force push ... or if the server is jedi adept, i want the basics of jump and saber combat, but without the higher level powers.

i was also wondering if there was anyway of deleting the default ones that come with the game, since i aint gonna use any of them ... the directory for newly created ones is gamedata/base/forcecfg/light (or dark), but i cant find the default ones ...

anyone know much about this kinda thing? or am i gonna have to take the 10 seconds per game to do it manually :)

Unless you know what this means:

7-1-333330000030000332

...then you can't edit the files by hand. I can make a pretty good guess at it though, since this is from my Light Jedi Master file: 7 indicates the rank, 1 indicates light side (?), and the other numbers indicate the rank of each force power.

Here's from the default dark side Support config:

7-2-033320300000333221

I think I'll actually try and go figure it out after I make this post. The only semi-difficult part will be verifying the roles of the first two numbers and checking which number after that goes to each power.

The default force configs are buried in the assets0.pk3 file, so you can't remove them unless you want to be kicked off pure servers.

As far as I know, there is no way to prioritize the force powers, you'll either have to make configs for each rank or edit your powers each time you join a server with a different rank.

After about an hour of messing around, I think I have it figured out. Each FCF file contains one string with the following structure:

(note that I am talking about regular ASCII numbers, not hex values for bytes unless otherwise indicated)

x-y-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzA

x = the rank the file was created under. If it was made in an Initiate game, the number is 1; if it was Jedi Master the number is 7. I'm not sure if this has any real effect.

y = 1 for light side, 2 for dark

z = force power rank for each power. A list with each power corresponding with its position:

1 - Heal

2 - Jump

3- Speed

4 - Push

5 - Pull

6 - Mind Trick

7- Grip

8- Lightning

9 - Dark Rage

10 - Protect

11 - Absorb

12 - Doesn't do anything

13 - Doesn't do anything

14 - Force Drain

15 - Seeing

16 - Saber Attack

17 - Saber Defend

18 - Saber Throw

Values range from 0 to 3 for each byte. You should have all 18 digits in there.

I did notice that a couple of the default dark side configs had a value of 2 in force slot 13, but I just couldn't find any effect it had. All the force powers that were loaded from those FCF files could be accounted for outside of that thirteenth digit.

I am inclined to believe that two force powers, one dark and one light, were planned for the multiplayer game and later removed. Notice in the force selection screen that under the light or dark side powers, there is just enough space to stick in one more line and still preserve the formatting.

A = the terminating character. In hex it is 0A, you cannot type this character in a regular word processor. However, if you don't want to use a hex editor you can edit this file with Notepad and keep the terminator in there.

as far as the x-y-z statements blamer has made, he is right...instead of hex editing or manual editing just try this: for each level of force mastery (1-7) simply bind a key to that cfg you want...follow blamers method of setting the proper powers, cuz each # holds a position of 0-3 depending on the level you have set for that force...id suggest setting the 6 navigation keys (home, end, deleted, insert, pgup, pgdn)

ex: "bind home seta forcepowers x-y-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and kazaam, its done...also, the 12 + 13 that you say do nothing i would assume are the force_healother (light) and force_forcepowerother (dark) commands...not sure which game type uses them but they are team based forces that allow you to heal teammates within a certain radius

Archived