Home

Heavy Sabers Ruin the game!

YoDa2k2

call me a newb if u'd like, but what is a DFA attack?! lol

And just for the record, its not hard at all to defeat someone who is using a heavy stance when ur using light or medium. Just run in and swing until you see their attack start, and when it does roll back out or the range.

Another thing that works good is when someone is swinging at u from a ways away, throw ur saber at him! When his hands are in the air he can't use his saber to block it and it gets a full damage hit.

And another thing... am I the only one here who alternates between all fighting styles in the middle of a fight to throw off my opponent?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
call me a newb if u'd like, but what is a DFA attack?! lol

And just for the record, its not hard at all to defeat someone who is using a heavy stance when ur using light or medium. Just run in and swing until you see their attack start, and when it does roll back out or the range

Another thing that works good is when someone is swinging at u from a ways away, throw ur saber at him! When his hands are in the air he can't use his saber to block it and it gets a full damage hit.

And another thing... am I the only one here who alternates between all fighting styles in the middle of a fight to throw off my opponent?

Well...actually its harder than you think to defeat a skilled heavy stance player, because they know about the fact that they are vulnerable to attack, and compensate by only being in your range when they're attacking...

Also alternating between fighting styles is one of the stronger ways to play--different situations call for different stances, but if you're just alternating at random just to throw people off, doesn't that mess up your attack style?

In short, no, because my attack style is to catch them off guard. More skilled players can catch on to the way a person attacks and counter that quite easily, but by changing stances and going to a different method of attack while in the middle of a fight you can sometimes catch them off guard and get that extra blow you need to get the kill.

I still dont know what DFA is... :)

I still dont know what DFA is...

My bad, I meant to mention it lol. Death From Above, it is the Heavy Stance special move, the player leaps with an overhand chop and it kills you in one hit. Its a favorite of the newbies, who often enjoy going through fights doing nothing but it.

Skilled player have been known to use it with...well skill :p

Hope that helps :)

DFA - Death from Above

Unblockable heavy stance attack that does the following:

-100 Health

-100 Shields

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact: anyone who complains about this move being only for newbies does not how to do the move themselves and continuosly loses to everyone they play thus increasing their frustration.

How to perform death from above:

there are actually many ways to execute this attack but here is a full-proof tutorial for you

Method 1:

Hold shift and start walking.

For the whole attack you should never take your fingers off of the shift and forward buttons.

Make sure you're in heavy stance/red

While walking execute a primary attack: You will perform an overhead slash.

Pratice that a few times as it's the base of the move.

While holding forward, execute the overhead slash and as the saber is coming down (not up), (while still holding forward and shift) jump.

You will launch forward with your knees behind you and your saber crashing down in front of you. You'll know if it works because the saber will stick in the ground for about 4 seconds during which you can't move.

Method 2:

Same as method 1 except it's performed while running.

Method 3:

The player is walking backwards then suddenly launches into the attack unexpectedly.

Method 4:

The player is crawling forward then lunges into the attack unexpectedly.

Method 5: Bunny Hop Method

Tap forward + jump + attack whilst in heavy stance. If you do it properly you will NOT do a force jump. Upon landing, press forward, jump and attack again and you will suddenly launch into it. This is a good way of catching someone completely off guard (along with the walking method in method 1).

Other known heavy stance moves:

Sweep

Jedi Cannon????

Sweep:

Fact: anyone who complains about this move really sucks at Jedi Outcast, much like the people who bitch about heavy stance.

Description:

Standard reversal attack in all stance variations, damage inflicted and manner of swing depends on stance. Heavy damage.

Executing the sweep:

Method 1:

The opponent must be behind you or it won't work, end of story.

Press and hold back and primary attack in heavy stance.

You will spin round on your axis in a 360 degree motion inflicting heavy slash damage on everyone unlucky enough to receive it.

Method 2:

Your opponent performs the DFA technnique from a ledge, you duck, it overshoots you then you execute the attack as he lands behind you.

Mthod 3:

Force run to opponent, watch out for a somersault kick counter, spin round and execute. - horrible method

Jedi Cannon:

Description: Throws the opponent at an unlimited velocity in any direction. Opponent will fly until he hits a wall.

Notes: It is not known whether or not you need heavy stance for this attack as it requires mainly having full ranking in both grip and pull.

Debated method of execution:

Grip opponent, force push to finish attack.

?????????????????????????????????????

Overview: The moves are worth doing if you've learnt how, if someone complains about them being cheap (meaning they can't do the move themselves), please ignore them and proceed to beat them.

-Zante :guard:

Just found this on JediKnightII.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NewBJedi, one of our fine forum-goers recently sent an email to Kenn Hoekstra from Raven with an idea about changing the stances a little. He recieved a message backing saying the following.

"Consider it forwarded. Just a note: the heavy stance has been tweaked heavily in the pending patch to balance it better."

Patch coming soon to cut down on the number of people incessantly using the 1 hit-kill move? Sounds good. We'll keep you informed. Thanks to NewBJedi for this one.

---

**Update- Ascari, another forum member sent an email off to Mike Gummelt, another one of our Raven friends about a bug he'd found. He also asked when we could expect the patch to arrive. Mr Gummelt's response...

General idea: very very soon

Could be a day. Could be a week. Keep your eyes peeled.

Archived