Home

Heavy Sabers Ruin the game!

YoDa2k2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh,Yoda2k2,I have the same problem with you,when I played JK!

Whenever someone comes to me with a saber,they usually kill me within 2 shots,and I complain wildly,like you.I just wonder why did those people(no offence,I'm just joking) make SBX?

push pull grip etc are lame, like many have said above its timing on these bugers. for me i have noticed that the medstance is the best for taking them down, they swing and then you go in for the med combo, making sure to stay with them for the last swing. heavy usually end up being stupid in dueling because most just side wipe a billion times hoping to get a hit, which takes forever, i have however seen some good duels with heavy where they just ran right at each other and werent too conservative about losing.

for SP hevay stance makes since, it takes more jedi power and therefore is more powerful, but since saber power to the max is always a must in MP i think it shodul be evene out a bit. like i said in the rune vs. jk2 thread stamina might be a cool idea that woudl primarily apply to heavy stance users.

Stop whining!!!!

I have only seen very few people that actually spam with DFA, I use heavy primarily in 1 vs 1 fights but switch frequently. I use DFA sometimes if I see an opening, but to say that it's a newbie thing is just stupid. The only newbie thing I see out there are the people that use light or medium stances and dance around like idiots swinging hoping that they will land a hit, I have no problem defeating them in heavy stance unless I have a high ping which causes more losses than any actual saber fight in my opinion.

As someone stated above if you have a high ping you can get killed alot since you don't see it coming but that goes for every stance I think. I do think that the real problem is lag, that's what makes this game hard to play.

If you know what you're doing there is the golden rule:

"For every action there is an equal and oposite reaction"

Apply the rule to your fighting

...every stance has an offensive advantage, and for all of these attacks there is an effective counter...it's as simple as that!

For all you guys bitching 'bout the heavy stance, just stop it and take some time fuguring out it's weaknesses.....just wait for the wswing sidestep and go real close with the light og med stance and he's yours for a couple of seconds. DFA(I guess you mean the "jumping-slashing"move with the heavy stance, sure it's a nasty attack, but seriously....just press the "D" key...sidestep....

....anticipation.....that's what counts when you want to make an effective counter aswell as when your playing with the heavy stance - if your opponent is aggresive use heavy and figure him out, when he comes charging at you....If he's using heavy just attack to make him swing and side step or run backwards and then go in for the kill...

....bitching won't help you, but anticipation, patience and practice will:)

I'm not saying that I'm a Jedi Master, but I'm sure as h*ll not bitching 'bout the heavy stance.....what the point?

may the force be with you

You seem to have a different deffinition of what skill is than I do.

To me, the amount of kills has NOTHING to do with skill.

Your'e bro got 14 kills by randomly swinging red stance all over the place. That is great! Does that make him a skilled player? Not likely.

When I say red stance takes skill, I dont mean swinging wildly into crounds, DFA into crowds, and/or lucky hits.

When I say red stance takes skill, I mean,....

When you are dueling someone, and you can land your hits where you want them to hit, that takes a degree of skill.

Don't get me wrong, I think every stance requires skill, that much is obvious. I am just defending the argument that is does not require any skill.

So, when I say skill, I mean being able to do what you want when you want, not spamming moves and collecting a high number of kills. Anyone can be a spammer.

k, I disagree with you people who state that heavy stance doesn't require skill to successfully finish off other ppl in lightsaber duels. let's face it: a player swinging wildly and without any actual clue what he is doing while being in heavy stance will most likely be cut in half by his opponent. reason? well, it takes too much time to recover after a swing...imagine a newbie going into a fight, swinging in heavy and missing his target (because he didn't aim well / predict his opponent's movement) .. now, him being close and defenseless ANYONE should be able to kill him using med stance. it is not possible to hit an experienced player in heavy without being experienced oneself. now on the other hand take light or medium stance. the same newbie will get *much* better results by using these stances in combination with his slash-and-forget techniques, because the swing recovery is much better and you can chain attacks. *that* is what I call luck.

anyway, nobody knows me, this was my first post on these forums :)

ps: for all of you questioning what stance I use in mp: I use all the stances, depending on the situation. In duels I would use medium and heavy stance, mainly because I have gained some experience with them.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but it's a question.

Strong stancers usually talk about how much more skilled strong is...but lets compare how often strong hits to light or medium. Medium often hits when it's swung, but strong well I rarely see it hit, and when it does. It's usually a lucky shot, so what that means, is one guy using light or medium could hit the strong guy 3 or 4 times and not kill him. The strong guy (having full armor before the battle, now has 20 hp or 80 hp depending on which stance hit) has to swing 20 times before he will hit. Then perhaps FINNALY hitting after 20 swings.

Of course 20 swings is usually an exagerateration. But I have seen it happen on more than one occasion.

i have to laugh when i hear people claim that Heavy Stance requires skill.

I let my 6 year old bro have a crack at the game and put him in hvy, he ended with 14 in a best of 20, all he did was run around swinging hvy.

it needs to be balanced, how i dont know. Using Hvy as the only counter to Hvy is not balance, that just makes every other stances useless.

Edit: forgot to add this : While i dont claim that Hvy requires any skill, it is not as skill intensive as the other 2 stances. Hvy is based more on luck than skill.

LAFF... well, iof your brother got 14 out of 20 kills he was playing on a newbie server or vs someone like you... If you think it requires no skill, it is obviously because you suck too much to combat it... I saw a DFAer the other daywith a 44 kill score at the end of the match.. did he ever kill me? no...And I use heavy stance too.. just sidestep, start a sideswipe and move right over where they are stuck in the ground.. or... just push em.. simple simple simple.. yet if you are too incompetent to block em... it doesn't make THEIR attack less skillful.. it makes YOU less skillful. The only reason people using DFA over and over are getting kills, is because people dont know how to playthis game well.. they most likely don't even have push mapped on the keyboard...If you think it requires no skill.. then you should have a 50% chance duelling against a heavy stancer right? Won't happen dude.. keep dreaming..

I have yet to have anyone using medium or light stance beat me using Strong stance, except possibly in a melee where someone hits me where I'm not looking. I just don't swing wildly, I aim and hit. A lot of people say you can dash in an hit someone, well you can swing AND move while you're swinging to land hits; I'm not gonna swing and stand around while someone gets inside my defensive arc to hit me!

And BTW, I can't figure out how to do DFA in MP :D except on accident, so I don't even need it to end up winning most of the time.

Well posternutbag. Maybe his brother can't beat you but you are missing Father Ruckus's point. His brother and many newbies for that matter can jump on an FFA server and get to the top quickly spamming a heavy swing. Yes, maybe you are the uber jedi and cannot be beaten but some of us are average and it is shocking to see how easy a newbie spammer can win against medium stance players.

I use Yellow and Red.

I enjoy playing against someone using Red, because it forces me to fight tactically. Just rushing in would get me sliced and diced and ready for serving.

Also, using Red has helped me when I'm using Yellow. With Red, you are more or less forced to 'follow through' with your swings. I've found myself doing that without thinking when using Yellow, and it's helped me a great deal! In other words, moving *with* your left/right slash. Experienced Red users will know what I'm talking about.

Those of you that are 'negative' in regards to Red, should try spectating a good (non-DFA) Red user. Watch how they use their saber, and when......

Hit, whos fault is it that other people aren't practicing? Here is the reason people use the heavy stance... If you use medium and they have 100 health, you will hit them, then they heal, hit them, then they heal, till either you die, or you get in 2 shots to them or headshot them... I am decent with both and have no problem versus either type because for 2 weeks my internet was down and I had to just play vs a friend. All the 1on1 playing helped me learn vs all the styles. The game hasn't been out more than a month... Let people practice.. whining here serves what purpose? They hope Raven will change around the game because THEY want it... that is ridiculous. If YOU think spamming the heavy style will get you kills, then do it! However, you must be complaining that these spammers are killing you, otherwise if you think the heavy style is easy or cheap, you could use it. If these spammers are ABLE to kill you, you need some practice... I often may not have the highest score on the server.. but I rarely die... DFA doesn't bother me and neither do spammers... now those guns DO bother me sometimes, but hey, thats the game...

Now you are getting me wrong. I'm not saying that it is wrong to spam it or that it should be nerfed but it is not the swing of skill that many people profess. You can spam it and get kills without skill. Hell I use it in the stiuations that will get me lotsa spam kills too!!!. I'm just pointing out it's little faults.

Love, Peace, and Hairgrease :)

I no longer bother w/ reading the whole topic. I've had awesome duels w/ heavy-stance duels. Not just DFA but heavy stance. I'm a medium-heavy stance guy. I switch depending on situation. If the guy infront of me can't counter pull heavy than I do it. Cheap? Maybe, it works? Yeah. Do I do it all the time? NO! Y? Good people counter it, its easier to beat them another way. Next time people complain about heavy blow, think to ur selves and ask, he's beating me...how do I counter it? Instead of whining. I've had several people saying "anyone can kill w/ heavy!" I ask them to play w/ it, they do, they get no kills cuz they swing madly. Annoying...

-WNxKypt

We're calling it heavy spamming now? LOL

That's like telling the U.S. military "Hey, stop using that M1A2 Abrams tank because us Iraqis only have a T-80 and our crews ain't that smart...." Gimme a break. It IS a valid stance use it as much as you want.

If someone complained about it in my game I would make a special effort to continually kill them using only the lightsaber and the heavy stance!

That's like telling the U.S. military "Hey, stop using that M1A2 Abrams tank because us Iraqis only have a T-80 and our crews ain't that smart...." Gimme a break. It IS a valid stance use it as much as you want.

If someone complained about it in my game I would make a special effort to continually kill them using only the lightsaber and the heavy stance!

War is not a game, if something wins a war, you do it--this is because you are IN the war to win, not to have fun, or be fair. A game, on the other hand, is what is known as entertainment, and the objective of that is fun. These are two very different things, and different people have different objectives of fun. I think most of the people who complain about heavy stance are really complaining about the DFA spammers, and lets face it, those people suck--skilled players don't do the same move again and again if for no other reason but because its really predictable.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that there is anything wrong with the Heavy Stance, I have had interesting fights against people who use it, I just don't think you're making an apt analogy.

I don't think heavy is overly powerful or unbalanced, but I think the blue stance is next to useless besides the ability to stop fall damage. I was thinking that it would be interesting if they implemented a 'rock-paper-scissors' style model, where blue stance could be used to counter red (while yellow > blue, red > yellow). Basically, the blue saber could have a bigger chance of parrying a red attack and allow you to get some hits in. This would add an interesting element in duels, with people constantly juggling their stance to gain the upper hand.

Don't know it it would work out, just a thought.

Archived