Home

KOTOR best on : PC or Xbox

Xirion

Sure, we often make LANs...

I am not of those console rules, pc sucks guys...

I love both...

and MOHAA is cool, but I hated the last few levels in Fort Schmerzen...

but the reason for this post :) :

LAN's are cool, but I was talking about that pick &b Play thing...

put that X-Boxes there, a LAN cable, and on with the show...

this is done in 2 mins...

Originally posted by Darknes40k

Xbox =

intel P3 733

233mhz nVIDIA X-chip

64mb = total memory

8gb harddrive

So, didn't you forget with all your maths the GeForce 3/4 mixture ??

Plus, your pc will be far worse....

Why ??

Because of the driver structure !

graphics card => direct x => driver => game on the pc, plus you have to make it compatible with milions of components....

graphics card => integrated driver/direct x structure => game...

plus you can go all for speed...

so, please flame correctly !

and on games:

-Halo

-Dead or Alive 3

-Project Gotham

-Shenmue II

-Project Ego

-Knights...

-Buffy

-Hunter

-Mechassault

-Crimson Skies...

these are some of the 200 games that'll be available for x-box this holiday season...

I don't wanna start a console war, as I like all myself, but I can't stand a silly fanboy who doesn't know his facts, and the techniques behind it...

My justification on the X-Box is that it was a crap-load cheaper than buying a new PC (game capable), and what's the point in $2000+ (Aus) on a machine dedicated just to gaming (my current computer handles internet, word processor etc. fine), when you can spend $399 on an X-Box and get a DVD player as well (which I didn't have).

As it was I spent $580 for which I got 2 controllers, a game (HALO), a carry-case, the DVD remote and software vouchers (5x$10).

That is SO MUCH BETTER value than a PC upgrade which would be redundant within 6 months (or less).

I didn't even price a PC upgrade for the simple fact that after pricing the graphic cards I discovered an X-Box would be cheaper than a good 3D card just on its own.

I realise prices may be different in various countries, but I can't imagine them being too diverse.

The whole arguments on game number limits has been rubbish in my experience. As it is I've been constantly saving to buy new games that I really want.

But hey, I love PC's and PC games, but that's my justification, and I'll be damned if anyone can tell me that I made a bad move.

The X-Box has not fallen short of impressing me once yet, and that can't be said for any new PC's I've ever bought.

well, I like my X-Box...

and on the Cube, I just played Rogue Leader, which is also great...

decide by yourself which one you prefer, i just wanted to get a few facts right :)

It's all about the games...

those Cube games that interest me will in 99% of the cases be also on X-Box or ps 2...

it's just that I can't get much into those nintendo games, although they are very well done...

How can you FOOLS say xbox sucks, and that you should get a game cube. Come on, Game cube is for little kids :p All the games are crap. Yeah, Maybe I should get some guys together to play Super Smash Brothers. :eyeraise: Get it together Dumbass, Grow up and realize that XBOX does not suck!! It is a kick ass system with the best graphics, best sound, and coming this fall there are going to be PLENTY of kick ass games that are really display XBOX's full potential. Not to mention XBOX Live!! (The best damn thing that's ever going to happen to video games) Soon you are going to realize that you were wrong and are going to end up getting and xbox and putting your pathetic little Game Cube away in the closet. You'll See :swear:

:lsduel:

I have all 3 consoles, Gamecube, PS2, and the XBOX. I have a PC as well. Each platform has it's merits. The reason Lucasarts is releasing KOTOR on XBOX first is because they do not want an inundation of Star Wars PC games. SW Galaxies will be coming out for PC, so Lucasarts decided to wait until Spring 2003. Makes sense. Whet their appetite with Galaxies, then they will flock to the retail outlets to get KOTOR. As a business student, I think it's a good idea.

Most of the Game Cube games (except the SW games) seem to be for children. Is that going to change? It looks like an ok system.

BTW i have an XBox. But I don't have to claim that another system is crap just because I do. Like someone else said all the systems have there positives and negatives. It just seems out of all the systems Game Cube has all the Pokeman and Mario games(things I feel to old for). PS2 and Xbox seem to have games that appeal more to the older crowd.

Originally posted by Hannibal

Most of the Game Cube games (except the SW games) seem to be for children. Is that going to change? It looks like an ok system.

BTW i have an XBox. But I don't have to claim that another system is crap just because I do. Like someone else said all the systems have there positives and negatives. It just seems out of all the systems Game Cube has all the Pokeman and Mario games(things I feel to old for). PS2 and Xbox seem to have games that appeal more to the older crowd.

Well Gamecube has the Resident Evil series, which is a definite step in the right direction. :cool:

Archived