Home

Jedi Outcast vs. Medal of Honour

Toa Tahu

Jedi Outcast vs. Medal of Honour  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Jedi Outcast vs. Medal of Honour

• Jedi Outcast
    • Medal of Honour

Heh,this will sooner or later be a trend for JK2ers,or rather be banned by the mods or the admins.

Anyway,this thread,as I saw,at PCG108(U.K.),saw that MOHAA got 95%,and JO only got 92%.I just wonder why,when they used 6 pages to post something and then give such low marks.

When compared to JO,MOHAA is just pure shooting.Nothing else but shooting.Do you get to use the saber?Do oyu get to choke someone?No right?Then how did it ever get 95%?Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably different reviewers, and one of them was more stable, had a more solid online game. Had a better value to the casual gamer type. Most likely, different reviewers.

It doesn't make one game better as they both got an "A" it just means one reviewer gave the game a slightly higher percentage.

I must say the Ohmaha beach landing mission of MoH is arguably my favourite SP level of any game. That said, as a whole game however, the SP story line was not that great - if it had one. The final mission was a surprise to me as I thought there was going to be some missions after this - as the final mission didn't seem like one (a final mision). I just saw the ending credits and thought "is that it?" So Jedi Outcast is definatly the better game in terms of SP.

Personally I only play multiplayer on LAN with a mate of mine (only 1vs1 or co-op in games) so as far as 1vs1 deathmatching goes, I prefer MoH. Don't get me wrong, dueling is fun and all, but until the MP lightsabre combat is patched or somehow "fixed" to be the same as the SP lightsabre combat, it is not as fun as 1vs1 hunts in MoH. I simlpy love the german sniper rifle and my freind loves the allied BAR (machine gun). We play the death math games similar to what was happening in Enemy at the Gates (the sniper movie with Jude Law and Ed Harris). The suspense of not knowing where the other guy is in the entire map (knowing one good hit can kill) is rather fun. The suspence is what makes it a good game for its thrilleresque gameplay. (at least this is how it is for our 1vs1 hunts). We tried the JO game with bots but it was not as fun as MoH with only the two of us.

Of course I would most likely be changing my opinion of "best-mp-game-for-1v1-deathmatches" if the MP lightsabres ever become as good as the combat system in the SP game.

It was tons better then the beach level , i thought the beach level was dull...it just had about 10 friendlys running around , it should be a thousand :D

And it was a simple waiting game , grr..move , wait , move , wait.

JO wins for me , definantly cause of EA's bad support :mad:

Deus Ex = best SP game, period - only thing to come close is System Shock 2, which arguably the most scarey SP game.

MOH:AA may win because people have to do less thinking - walk/run, shoot someone, hope they miss you - that's it.

JK2 makes you constantly use your wit, and there are tons of options, strategies, and offense/defense maneuvers.

Most people are stupid. :)

Originally posted by Kev Boy

It was tons better then the beach level , i thought the beach level was dull...it just had about 10 friendlys running around , it should be a thousand :D

And it was a simple waiting game , grr..move , wait , move , wait.

JO wins for me , definantly cause of EA's bad support :mad:

Gotta disagree with you there. Don't get me wrong JO is a fantastic game, but no level in JO can compare to the atmosphere you had in MOHAA.

Originally posted by NerfYoda

Gotta disagree with you there. Don't get me wrong JO is a fantastic game, but no level in JO can compare to the atmosphere you had in MOHAA.

Yah nothing like completely unoptimized textures to add some horrible performance - i.e. MOH:AA - this is on fast systems.

I find Jedi Outcast a much better performer, and the maps beat all of MOH:AA hands down.

MOH:AA has such horrible clipping issues, and overall performance problems I don't see why anyone considers it a 'decent game'.

Even the SOF 2 test beats it by far - animation, texture, weapon, map design wise.

FYI: SOF 2 uses a lot of the same technology that JK2 uses - Ghoul 2, the terrain engine, etc.

Oh this is an unfair poll on a JK2 site but...

IMO

Medal of Honor: Mediocre play, awsome design, awsome graphics

Jedi Knight 2: AWSOME play, mediocre design, awsome graphics

As game play and story are the two most important things in a game for me (and since both games had **** story) I chose JK2.

in fact i love MoH but i HATE EA, they don't do patches for european versions, so we can't play online.... great, thanks EA , proud to give you my money , next time i download their ****ing games.... Burn EA...

Raven deserved my money and they did a great product, we can choose language, i like playing with english voices, we all can be sure to have the patch at the same time coz there is no different versions of the game so .... vive raven.

Lucas Rox EA stinky ass

Since we're on the subject of MOH:AA.

MOH:AA lacks any sort of decent voting system - it's all console and hardly works - forget friendly fire on servers, it's impossible to kick anyone off.

SOF 2 (like JK2) will have a complete voting system.

SOF 2 will keep track of teamdamage (people who hurt their teammates) on the scoreboard. If a person exceeds the server tolerance, he gets kicked. If the person stops, the scale drops over time to give him a break.

Plus SOF 2 will have the random map generator for multiplayer - unlimited map design - that works online with server/clients - and like someone said - EA sucks.

Keep in mind - 2015 the developer of MOH:AA is no longer involved with the game - patches are slow, if not non-existant in the future.

I know this is supposed to be a comparison to JK2 and MOH:AA - but the two games cover completely different themes. A more fair comparison will be SOF 2 and MOH:AA - and since Raven is developing SOF 2, I'm fairly certain it'll be well supported.

As for JK2 design - I find it superior to most games. The maps are gigantic and multi-leveled - especially for Multiplayer. There is nothing else out there quite like it. I love force pushing or gripping someone into the glass, see and hear it smash, and the person comes back for revenge. It feels like a movie. :)

Originally posted by NewBJedi

Yah nothing like completely unoptimized textures to add some horrible performance - i.e. MOH:AA - this is on fast systems.

I find Jedi Outcast a much better performer, and the maps beat all of MOH:AA hands down.

MOH:AA has such horrible clipping issues, and overall performance problems I don't see why anyone considers it a 'decent game'.

Even the SOF 2 test beats it by far - animation, texture, weapon, map design wise.

FYI: SOF 2 uses a lot of the same technology that JK2 uses - Ghoul 2, the terrain engine, etc.

Personally I didn't get any bad performance in MOHAA. I'm kindof a sucker for wargames though, so that may contribute to why I feel MOHAA has nicer atmosphere... :) But really, Nar shadda vs Omaha Beach. Who do you think would come out on top in terms of atmosphere?

I have yet to upgrade my system and get the most out of both games, so I doubt I'll vote. However, I stopped playing Allied Assault when Jedi Outcast came out. Why? Probably the lightsaber. However, the atmosphere of a game based on actual epic events rather then fictional ones must count for something.

Besides, being a fan of the Indiana Jones movies, Allied Assault gives me that familiar rush; especially when the music starts playing! Being at least part musician, this is a big deal for me. The use of memorable soundtracks is one reason why I like Star Wars games so much. I even found the funkifying attempts for Force Commander amusing, so I don't actually HATE them...except the synth voice counting from 1 to 4, that's just TOO sad.

You can't compare the two games, they are way to different.

MOHAA is played at 1940s in Europe, while JO is played a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away :D

The reviewer might never have liked SW very much, and therefor he didn't get the whole spirit of the game.

And what does it matter what some guy at some website think about a game? We all love JO, no matter what he says.

Originally posted by Mr. White

Effji, Did it ever occur to you that noone wants to hear your opnion? I know that it's your certian unalieable right, but really, spare us. From now on, I declare that you cannot use words that use vowels. Thank you.

Now where is the "Report Stupid Troll to Moderator Button"?

No one wants to hear your unfiltered crap either, kid.

I found the posts talking about the 'low mark' for JO on the reviews mentioned rather amusing.

THEY GAVE IT 92%

This is a stupendous mark for a stupendous game. In no way can 92% be called a low mark. I completely ignore any site/magazine that has ever give more than about 95% to anything.

Back to the point, I voted MoH. Both are brilliant, and the lightsabres are wonderful, as are force powers, but the level design and atmosphere of MoH made it ebtter for me. MoH was too short and had no story, but it was brilliant.

Note, so far I've only played JO online, not MoH, so I can't compare their multiplayer.

It seems to me that there have been a fair few comments supporting MoH, and yet it only had three votes (including mine).

why do review matter? do you like the game? do you really need someone telling you your game is Awesome to boost your ego or something? I never trust reviews or reviewers, case in point PC Gamer, they are horrible reviewers, They base they're reviews on who puts more ads in they're mag. Anarchy Online got a 50, they put about 5-6 ads in one mag, and PCG is saying its gods gift to gaming. They also have a problem with sucking Valves dick, Halflife was a merely ok game, Dues Ex blew the **** out of it.

anyways MoH vs JO, quite possibly the dumbest poll i've ever seen. World War 2 vs Star Wars.

MoH +'s :

-Single Player felt better, no gimp puzzles

-Multi had great atmosphere

-Sound was incredible

-Omaha Beach, nothing from JO compares

Moh -'s

-MultiPlayer, Sniping is easy, BAR takes zero skill....its like the Hvy Repeater alt fire

-Support blows

-EA

JO +'s

- Light Sabers

- Sound

- Multi player

-Jedi Acedemy lvl rocked

JO -'s

- Some weapons balances

- the Ease of the hvy stance, to easy, should be more vunerable when using Hvy Stance

- Light Stance, seems useless, R-P-S shoucl come into effect here, Hvy stance should block maybe 20% of a Light stances attacks, Same for light vs Hvy.

- First 3 lvls dragged on

What do you mean breathless?Breathless in terms of graphics or gameplay?

But why are some people choosing MOHAA?I mean,MOHAA is PLAIN,I repeat,PLAIN shooting and nothing else!I don't mean that you all are wrong,but how can plain shooting be compared to lightsaber,force?

I think it was a tie.

Mainly because the two games outweighed each other in opposite areas.

MOH's SP was phenominal, atmosphere etc. while its MP is mediocre at best.

JO's MP is phenominal and while its SP was good, it wasn't as outstanding as MOH's.......

at least thats what I think.....:D

insert flames, derogatory

statements, etc. here----------> :evil5:

MoH all the way.

You people say JO is one of the best games ever, but stop being blinded by the glow of that lightsaber for five seconds and realize you have a true example of mediocrity. The levels are poorly designed, the plot paper-thin, and the weapons (aside from the saber) are a joke. Multiplayer JO is Quake Star Wars-ified, while MoH has immersive team elements that make its multiplayer something actually worth playing.

--R--

compare the MOHAA sniper level to outcasts

MOHAA's snipertown level was freakin amazing

the rain beating down, scurrying from one incredibly realistic semi destroyed building to another, dodging sniper fire as your men got cut down around you

it felt very much like i was in europe in the 1940s trying really hard not to die

JO's sniper level in Nar shadaa was a joke

it was just so crap and obviously hurried

i didnt feel like i was in the game, i felt like i was in a crap level with dumb ass rodians taking pot shots at me as i ran across bridges inbetween an unconving pseudo-cityscape that loked like a four year old with some lego built it.

but ultimately it doesnt matter, because JO's gameplay would be fun in a small grey room with just you and tavion

i know this cause i tried it, and it was fun ... well funnish.

-patch

Deus Ex = best SP game, period - only thing to come close is System Shock 2, which arguably the most scarey SP game.

Deus Ex...I don't think that anything can compare to that, hopefuly Deus Ex 2 will. That game was simply...too cool for words.

I was lucky enough to borrow MoHAA from a friend because that game pretty much bored me to the point of not being able to finish it. Some of the environments were pretty spectacular and the Omaha beach thing was moderately cool but it just couldn't keep my interest...

Archived