Home

Heavy Stance

Zante

What's all this complaining about HS?

All the arguments I've read are totally unfounded and seem to spout from the mouths of disgruntled n00bs who probably try to spec in light stance.

Is this because you guys can't win or something? :violin:

The funny thing is that I've seen people speccing in light and med stance and all they do is spin round each other like fairies missing 90% of the time :tsk:. Or maybe that's what you people call roleplay eh? (lol)

For some reason people think that the use of heavy stance involves no skill and that there should be options to make their own rules for multiplayer games...

No DFA

No heavy stance

No (insert specific force power)

No (make your own gay little script for specific rule sets)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, y'know...that just reeks of n00bism, heavy stance is here to stay and if you don't like it go back to JK1.

If you can't play the game for what it is (marvellous) then don't come crying to people who can.... :guard:

It's called server side options.

Just like no force servers.

Say such a thing didn't exist.

Would you:

A. Tell them too bad, find another game.

B. Lobby for a way to disable force on servers.

If you answered B., than there 'should' also be a way to disable stances.

Example:

g_stance - server rule.

g_stance 1 = light only

g_stance 2 = light and medium only

g_stance 3 = light, medium, and heavy.

That's just an example.

The same goes for saber only vs. weapon servers, etc.

Using a program like ASE you can easily filter for exactly what you want. For instance I filter for servers with a force max rank of 6 or higher - I prefer them.

But wait.. should server admins be allowed to adjust for force rank amounts and change the 'multiplayer rules'?

Is there a problem with server options?

Sounds like you're complaining that people can have and want options.

This is silly.

It's not noobish, it's experience.

My experience tells me that if I walk into a group of people fighting and swing a heavy..theres a good chance I'll kill at least one if not more players....whew...gotta slow down..my skills are scaring me.

My experience tells me if I am fighting with a group of people and some heavy lamer jumps in with DFA there's a good chance he'll kill one or more people.

My experience tells me if I fight a heavy...he'll try to stay away from me as much as possible so I have to run around in circles all fricking day and trhow my saber at him to make ANY contact at all.

My experience tells me when I do get inside on a heavy and do dmg, he'll backpedal his azz across the map while healing, then proceed to continue with the same lame attacks.

My experience tells me I can avoid a heavy all day long if I want, but this is boring so I fight other players that actually want to ENGAGE.

My experience tells me that if heavy whoring happens ALOT...people leave to find another server.

Heavy Stance is the only way to defeat draining/healing players in saber only combats...

And the DFA is easy to avoid in large rooms... quick roll, push, even strafe...

Today I was on a server where 3 guys were trying to hit each other with the DFA... Then a 4th person passed by electrocuting them with Force Lightning... So why is everybody complaining?

Heavy stance is overpowered for one simple reason; the hit detection and blocking is bugged. Especially with DFA, you can hit someone with a heavy swing that never actually touched them in the first place. Also, all heavy swings(even DFA, I believe) are blockable by medium stance, but it's hard enough to pull off(same against Light and Medium for the most part...) that you're better off just running away. Easier blocking would do sooo much to fix MP battles...

here's my suggestions for improvement (in a patch, i guess):

1.) Manual blocking - not necessarily against blaster weapons, but definitely against light sabers... have like the "b" key (or right mouse button) assigned to block, and depending on what direction you push, you would block up/down/left/right or whatever... by blocking in the right direction, you should be able to block the strike... this would really improve the fighting system...

2.) i also don't like the way attacking is done too much... i mean, it's better than anything that has come b4 but could still be better... perhaps, like w/ my blocking idea, remove preset attacks (like automatically doing a spin attack when you push left + attack)... instead, left click is a default swing, and where/the direction of your swings depends on the direction (up/down/left/right) you push on the keyboard (these would just be normal swings - not special spin/jump moves)... then, like in other fighters, allow combinations of keys to pull off preset moves... and mabe make the combos more difficult as the moves become more powerful (remove binding of these too... mabe)

3.) balance the stances better - for example, make the range for all stances the same... or almost the same - after all, it's the same saber and person, and you won't extend your hands THAT much... this will really help to make light at least a little more useful...

4.) fix the bugs - DFA has messed up range and is deadly even when the saber is buried in the ground - that needs to be fixed... also, often, the saber will go straight through a player, but not register a hit (or the opposite - where it doesn't actually touch, but does register a hit)... and many other bugs that need to be fixed

5.) give the host total control over the options - such as limiting what kinds of stances (light + medium only or strong and medium only, etc), force powers (no force drain or light/dark powers,etc), and weapons (no missle launchers or no explosives, etc) can be used... this would allow ppl to host/join servers that really have exactly what they want (and reduce the BITCHING)

just some ideas to make a kick-ass game even better :)

GooglyMoogly go to the Quakesh*t server between 8:30 and 11pm EST any time of the week and I'll show you all night long how wrong what you just wrote was... I'll even do it without the lunge, which I just figured out how to do in MP this week. Or if you won't accept that, I'll do it without using the Force as well.

I haven't seen any people who can actually fight with medium or light stance. Like the top post said, they just mainly run around spinning in circles waiting to get picked off, or they turn on Force speed and run around trying to hit preoccupied people fighting other people.

Heavy is spammed too much. Few people actually know how to fight while using the heavy stance. Most just do the back up attack, back up attack, etc. The true skill in saber is learning how to counter that (especially in saber only and no force matches). I am a duelist that uses only light and medium stances (occasioanlly heavy, but rarely) and have managed to dominate many of the games I've played. As one of those players, I can honestly say I do not spin continueously, nor do I miss the majority of the time. You are making assumptions by looking at the newb population. the skilled players that use every stance do not do such things, nor do they perform (What I have come to dub) the newb parade.

@rogue: If you want a match with someone who can fight using the medium and light stances, look me up. -Duelist- Anduin. I frequent the HFE Kandyland FFA server, if you ever wanna put your money where your mouth is, that is. ;)

Archived