Home

Heavy Stance Complainers - Great news from DEV!!! Woot!!!

NewBJedi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.

That must be a good feeling, that a petty, insignificant gamer such as yourself was actually listened to by a Ravensoft executive. Isn't that precious :) Thanks for the update, comrade.

-Stan

===================================

Don't give him that much credit. Its probably a formatted letter they send out to the HUNDREDS OF ****ING WHINERS like this they get every day. They probably have a whole TEAM of CS workers dedicated solely to respond to all the lamers.

Gee, I post an update on a situation and I get flames. :(

At least Raven is nice enough to respond.

I'll bet Kenn actually did write that e-mail - especially since I write directly to his e-mail address. He was responding to a suggestion about scoring and Heavy Stance, not a complaint as such.

Why does it matter that he responded to me?

Isn't the important part is that they are aware and working on the Heavy Stance?

Sheesh . . . maybe I should stop posting updates at all. :mad:

BTW: I often communicate with dev teams and get responses.

I used to keep in touch with the MOH:AA producer before 2015 was let go.

P.S. Don't call me a whiner. I've been supporting this game since I got it - and have been criticizing the whiners. Don't believe me? Check the Game Feedback forum for my, now sticky thread Whiners Guide, etc. :mad:

NewBJedi, Do not listen to these children on the boards, i've all but stopped reading them. I remember when this was a good community. Now its turned into a name calling extravaganza. I thank you very much for the update, i'm just sorry there are unappreciative children who are never happy with anything. :-(

Just you watch. I'm sure this patch coming will make heavy stance even more "unbalanced" just to see how many gripes they can generate. :)

Don't take me seriously. And now a song for NewBJedi, who is a glimmer of the old nice JK1 community:

Ohh NewB well you came and you gave without taking...

But I sent you away ohhh NewB...

:elephant:

Gahh, what's wrong, everyones gone all NICE! If someone starts singing Kumbaya I am either leaving or bringing a flamethrower.

(BTW for those of you who CAN'T take a joke, yes I am glad that the heavy stance is getting tweaked)

To solve everyones problems just make it like JK and cut out all the dam stances and super dfa moves etc... There no whining no complaining. Quick question Why did people in jk hate grip so much but now its ok to use it?

Raven should have beta tested this game like Warcraft3. Even up to now that game is being beta tested by players like you me and hackers ;) I like this game dont get me wrong but there are way to many abusers in alot of the servers out there.

Sorry I just came out of a game where everyone was doing DFA's and you can only take so much of that in a night. Flame all you want who hate what i said but I like smores yay

Heavy stance doesn't need tweaking. Lunge whores are a problem, but what about people who are actually skilled in using heavy? Mind you I can still kick it with medium, but why should other people be forced to learn a new style because you don't like it?

Great job NewbJedi !

I myselve wrote an e-mail to an employee of ravensoft myself.

We had a conversation via e-mail. Got responses back within 1 minute!

Anyway check the "Unnoficial patch information" thread out here in the valley!

They say the combat issues have been fixed and that a patch is coming out, and i Quote: "Very very soon"

WOOOT!!!

edit: yehaa pit droid now :)

I doubt they have changed any animatioins, so you wont have to re-learn it

Im thinking they toned down the damage a bit (mabye 90-95 instead of 100) and got rid of the huge amount of time after the swing where it is still dangerous

Can somone e-mail to see if theyve worked on hit detection for the lighbtsaber, just 2 nites ago i got killed by a guy using heavy that was no where near hitting me

Originally posted by Jedi-Bert

I doubt they have changed any animatioins, so you wont have to re-learn it

Im thinking they toned down the damage a bit (mabye 90-95 instead of 100) and got rid of the huge amount of time after the swing where it is still dangerous

Can somone e-mail to see if theyve worked on hit detection for the lighbtsaber, just 2 nites ago i got killed by a guy using heavy that was no where near hitting me

such a thing is called lag :)

I know this has been said before but....

I dont see how the heavy or red stance is a problem except that dfa move into the ground...but thats easily countered.

I play light & medium stances...the heavy is too slow or my tastes & the dfa move i just cant seem to get right maybe im on the jump key too lon i dont know....anyway back to the counter:

roll to the side then spin slash across his back...usually fatal unless they have full shield

I was dueling with one guy last night in an FFA server & he kept trying to dfa...i did the sidestep spin slash & cut him him up like 5 times in a row

dude called me a cheater, i laughed hard, he left

Im not even that good with a saber...i prefer guns & Push & Pull

I bet they're just tweaking things, like the wind that kills you at times with the heavy saber and hit detection.

Before you say it's lag, I usually ping less than 50 where I play, and the people I'm fighting are mostly under 120 (odd person is over on the duel servers).

Heavy stance will remain heavy I'm sure, it'll just be slightly different, and the differences will probably affect all three stances in some way, shape, or form.

Originally posted by Arawyn

I remember when this was a good community. Now its turned into a name calling extravaganza.

Lol, it happened within 2 weeks. It took cstrike a few months at least.;)

Archived