Home

Official JK2 1.03 Patch Thread!

digl

Come on people i agree with most of the updates. Im a lightsider myself and really think the heal was the cheap way to stay alive, the dark side doesnt have that ability (drain yeah ok... but not really). The guns were cheap all u had to do was grab a blaster and find a pack of sabering people and u got urself some easy kills. Very cheap tactic btw. but the changes are basically saying now you must pay a more addiquite price for such power. But so far what ive seen is everything is fair ESPPECIALLY the absorb. u turn it on and battle and then no one forces u. but u run out of force or turn it off and they know that now is the time to force u and u just get gripped or zapped or whatever and that is usually enough time to be gripped off a ledge or whatever... get my point??? The game is much better. i love the patch.

Tinky

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id say that the patch was pretty good overall.

- I like how they took th SP lighsaber attack animations and put them into multiplayer. I always thought there was too much spinning in all the old MP lightsaber moves anyway.

- Also drain is pretty well balanced now.

- However, I do think that they nerfed heal a little too hard from what I've been reading, even from my own darkside point of view. It's now 1/4 as force efficient as it used to be at the highest level.

- They changed force grip so that you can no longer run while gripping at level 3. Instead you only walk rather slowly now. That should help reduce the number of grippers running people off the cliffs all of the time. This was a wise change.

- Strong saber stance isn't as insaine with the one hit tap kills anymore, and in general all the moves seem less lethal. Blocking as a whole seems to occur much more frequently. Dules are much longer and I'm not sure that I'm totaly happy/ adjusted to this yet.

- The force absorb change was also smart, giving the light side a little more of an edge.

I haven't tried the new maps yet but I'd say that this was a good patch in terms of multiplayer balance and lightsaber duels.

Sabering is great, don't listen to all the other tools. Medium has been slightly disgraced but you'll get used to it and master it like all the other people.

Hmm.. I noticed that Raven tweaked force grip to make you walk and move slowly, also you can't attack quick enough after a grip unfortunatly :(

Also Force push/pull I found that there's a "waiting period" before you can attack the person when he's down... shame that they added that, then again I might enjoy it a few times not getting chopped in half while laying on the ground.

Still, there's nothing we can do about the bad things since it's relitively impossible to create the "PERFECT" game/patch.

So I shall end saying...

I LOVE RAVEN!!

:D

Originally posted by CooLJoE

Thats retarded. If they are across the room and I want to pull them or drain them or use lightning on them, I'll waste all my Force because I can't see that they have Absorb.

That's the whole point of absorb. It's the conterpart to drain.

All I can say is, good work Raven. Your first patch has hurt the MP gameplay IMO.

See, these people are PROFFESIONAL GAME DESIGNERS whereas you're a whining brat.

Why don't you just play the damn game and stop trying to predict what you think it might be like. Raven probably has more experience then you do in that department.

If you still think it sucks in a week come back then and complain. When you actualy KNOW something.

Actually that push pull wait was already there. I noticed it cause alot of people say to push people down then kill them with the heavy overhead swing. but the thing was i could never start my swing before they got up, and they all got up slowly cause the people i play go, luke, who's luke????? these are total N00bs but that push pull thing isnt new.

Originally posted by Tinky

Actually that push pull wait was already there. I noticed it cause alot of people say to push people down then kill them with the heavy overhead swing. but the thing was i could never start my swing before they got up, and they all got up slowly cause the people i play go, luke, who's luke????? these are total N00bs but that push pull thing isnt new.

ooh, I didn't notice it untill I got the new patch... so I could be wrong then.

Cheers ;)

Raven did a great job. Much revitalized multiplayer gameplay.

All the crying people around me are the vocal minority. Its easier to be vocal about what people dont like, rather than what they do. So when you see 100 people complain, there are probably 1000 who are reading it, but arent going to say "Raven rules" because well, it isnt constructive. We know the patch rocks, we dont have to try and change anything.

So, I am sure many enjoy it. I just did another post on how the patch fixed many things, and enhanced much.

"Some of you blokes sure are critical and willing to quit when you dont know jack.

As mentioned, RE: Kicking has NOT been removed you poncy wankers. Run up and hit kick twice. It says so in the readme posted ALL OVER the net.

Somebody mentioned that sabers cant kill three armed men now...so the problem is what again? Saber people should NOT have such an advantage over gunners. As mentioned in half the threads out there, all guns can be avoided in one way or another. Yet obviousely each one will have an aspect you CANNOT avoid; your not invincible. Nobody should be able to kill two gunners or more (of same skill) with a saber, unless they are better skilled players, or have luck.

Duels are -much- more fun now. I play on a ladder and found duels to be boring and predictable. Red swing, finish with yellow. I aint whining, hell, I did it. Now they last longer, which is fine. They are actual fights, not red swings. But the blue stance now has a purpose; it was useless before IMO. Yellow was just overall better.

Now, each stance holds its own in duels, and combat is more refined. Cant do the 1 hit kill lunge? Well its harder; good.

Force heal? Why would it be bad to heal HALF of ones health with all their force? HALF of your health!

Drain? Nobody, NOBODY is going to say "Bloody HELL!" for Raven fixing the drain issue. Well, obviousely some will. But drain has been fixed and given other dark force users a chance.

New maps, remind you. Better saber combat, more refined kicking and strategies, force use. Who complained about new maps? What was it, somebody wanted more maps for others mods of play? Duel is by far the most populare, and easy to map for. Maps are a BONUS chaps; it isnt a -fix- to the game, but a FREE addition.

It sickens me how some of you will cry about how Raven screwed up when you didnt even READ what was done.

As well, back to the gun issue. Guns are nerfed. Saber is quasi-nerfed. So what? Longer fights now. Ammo shortage? You all complain about gun whores, so ammo shortage conserves spamming of guns AND promotes saber use too, in gun/saber fights.

Saber combat LOOKS better. All three styles are promoted better now. Bloody hell I could go on.

Raven, cheers.

I have been a lurker on this forum for months now. I just tried the new patch and so far its extremly differnt and im far from used to it.

The concept behind the changes seems very good to me and repairs alot of the balance issues that the previous version had.

If they were implemented or not I probably won't decide for another week or two.

First off, Medium was my style of choice and I personally love it in the new version, spins are still very easy to do just differnt! if you people would actually attempt to press more then one button while dueling you would understand how to do them.

Light seems uber fast now which I suppose it needs (still lacks range/damage).

Heavy is alot slower and much more methodical, I personally believe its alot better now if you actually know what your doing, its no more running backwards while swinging and then doing the special move.

Alot of people are complaining about the jump-kick being nerfed, and I personally cannot figure out how to do it now... ive tried doublejumping on opponents but oh well. Anyways my analysis of this is that blocking is considerably easier in this verison and jump would be a really easy way to beat sabre oppents because you don't have to stop blocking while using it (and its unblockable).

I felt that the explosive attacks on the guns were overpowered, all you had to do was get a repeater or the flechett cannon and you could own anyone if you had half a brain, now its still powerfull but you actually have to watch where you shoot or you'll run outta ammo alot faster.

The only feature I was really really wanting wasn't implemented but theres always later patchs. I will request it since I havn't seen it posted on this forum so here it goes....

Please please please change the "No Force" button to being a choice option group. Your choices would be: All Force Powers, Neutral Force Powers, or No Force Powers. I feel this is sorely needed for dueling servers who actually want jump/push etc.. without having to put up with drain/grip/healing etc...

That isn't completely necissary and im sure theres some way to disable it with console commands (although I have yet to find the right one) but I would just love to be able to play neutral force only.

As far as guns are concerned I would have to use them a bit more to find out, but before it seemed that everyone would just use the explosive shells on the repeater/flechett cannon, that doesn't seem much like "powerful guns" that everyone seems to think there were. Now all the guns are decent and useful insted of those two dominating. I personally love the crossbow and the thermal detonators.

Anyways im going to play this new patch to death over the next week or two and I will come post my full oppinion on it when I feel I have really gotten the feel for how things are changed.

Run up and double tap jump instead of hitting it once when at an opponent. I had no trouble kicking.

Besides, it was too easy before.

Also, collision factor w/ the saber and people has been fixed. That was a major issue, and its wonderful. Re: blocking too.

Hey guys,

I have a little something I would like to say to everyone who has said some negative things towards Raven and the rest of the "positive" JK community:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly. You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake? You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill. You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away. I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh. The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative post was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right"; Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Thank you RAVEN for listening to the community, and for putting out a fantastic game.

JMD

Well after putting in some good time in the servers, I can safely say that any half decent saberist is going to enjoy this patch. The parrying is mega useful and adds yet another level to multiplayer saber fights, and while everyone seems to think the game is now slower I actually think it's faster in terms of reaction times from players since everyone is sticking mainly with medium, so there's a lot less slow swinging heavy users now. I've challenge a couple of people and those fights felt more "active" than before.

No one dares try to DFA anyone unless they're partially sure it'll hit, it's nice.

Forgive me I only read about a page and a half, so I don't know the trend that this thread is taking. What I have read is a lot of whinning and complaining about the patch.

I have been here reading posts since several months before the game's release, and I have listened to everyone complain about the very things that RAVEN fixed. Now you are all bitching about it.

I have a feeling that the biggest whinners about the patch are the gun whoring, drain sluts that do nothing but try to get first place. Now there's nothing wrong with winning, but jeez I could pull off first place all the time if just went dark side, and used mostly guns, and DFA. They balanced the game so there is no one, sure-fire method to winning a match. It gives everyone a chance to hone different skills, and not have to conform in order to win.

As for the medium stance. All the moves seem to still be there. I did many spins and twirls. As for the kick? Well fortunately for me I made the mistake of double clicking the jump button every time I wanted to flip off a wall or another player, so this is no change for me. And guys, it's not hard at all.

There's also a lot of whinning on how they made heal and drain require too much force. Oh no, now we can't run off and heal, or drain and choke. Poor baby. Same thing with absorb. Oh no, now I might waste my lightning b/c I can't see if he's got absorb on.

Come on! think about it in terms of the Star Wars universe. I think it is much more SW-like now. Do see a blue glow around Obi-Wan? F*** no! If you were a nice, skilled, little jedi, your ability to defend against lightning, grip, push, pull, etc would not be apparent to your opponent.

Look at it this way. The force powers now suppliment your lightsaber, or gun skills. They are not another set of offensive weapons with which to rack up kills. This is probably the best thing about the patch. Now it's more Jedi-like, and more Star Wars-like than ever.

So what if some of us, have to re-learn a few new game mechanics. Are you afraid you might not "own" anymore?

IT's just a game!

Also, like many have said before, give it some time.

THANKS RAVEN!!!! You listened to us, and made fantastic improvements.

Its funny how people complain. When JKO was first released alot of people complained that the multiplayer sabering was not as good as single player. Eventually the discontent died down as people got used to the different nature of the combat and all was well...for while. More and more people started to use heavy especially the infamous DFA. Saber combat turned into more of a game of timing, as you had to calculate when to start your swing and when to back away to avoid the counter swing this wasn't just for heavy either all styles shared this. While very challenging to pull off it wasn't really saber combat. The patch turns sabers into melee again, its still a game of timing but now you can get down and dirty without being frightened by the other person. I admit when I first got the patch I wasn't very happy to what they did to medium but after playing awhile and getting a new routine now. Its much more fun then it was before, sure you die slower but hell that makes it all the more fun. Just my two cents good job raven on a patch that fixes most of the issues in the game.

thanks Areoch, you reminded me of another thing.

Heavy Stance.

Everyone in the JK community always said that Heavy Stance is used by skilled players, and that Light Stance is for newbies. Hell even all these strategy guides that people are writting say that light stance is useless, and that medium is OK, but heavy is where it's at. I am no newbie, but I also don't really come in first place very often either. I'm usually in there around 3rd-7th place. I love the light stance. It's fast, and you can chain so many moves together. JUST LIKE IN THE FREAKING MOVIES!!!

In my opinion it is sooo much more fun to fight with fast, and medium. It feels more Jedi-like too.

To watch some so-called veteran run backwards 20 feet and then charge in with his slow ass 100lb light saber always looks so lame. "oh oh I own b/c I can time my heavy stance swings and pull off the DFA move everytime." Come on.

I am so gald that the combat is balanced. Now all you would be "owners" pssh have to learn how to sword fight.

good luck

Actually I havent seen any real whinning from those who arent happy with the patch. Many people (myself included) have stated their oppinions and thoughs on the matter and given what proof they can to back up these points of view. The whinning/flaming has come from the very people who are saying to quit the whinning.

As someone else said saber combat is completely different now and I kind of like the direction it has gone, although I think the damage was nerfed a bit too much.

Force powers nerfed? Big deal, while I can see that some people arent happy about it and I can understand that point of view I do think the force powers in general were a bit too much, yet again I think they were nerfed too far in the downward direction.

Saber vs. non-saber: Non-existant now as the saberist has very little hope (outside a lucky hit) of dealing enough damage before he/she gets blasted to pieces.

Nyght Walker-

Try force pull on the gunners. It will pull the gun right outta their hands. Plus now that they made the 2nd fire on the area effect weapons much more ammo intensive, you will be able to defelect everything as you run up to them, yank their gun away, and strike them down with all of your hate.

just my 2 cents...

Im not tying to sound like a braggart or anything, but i was a really good player for the pre patch, i only met one person online who was a challenge. I destroyed everyone else, and i never used those DFA crap or whatever, i dont understand how everyone was complaining, i almost never died to those moves, they were easy as hell to avoid and left the other person open for the attack. I also never used force heal or drain beacause they are pathetic powers used by the weak imo.

now on to the patch, after playing it for several hours, and yes i know how to use the moves etc for the different saber styles post-patch. im going to have to say i dislike the patch in my humble opinion.

reasons for this,

1. saber fights rely too much on luck now, just my opinion, there is too much parrying, i liked the old style better because if a person left themselfs open they got hit, not parried.

2. the grip nerf... i dont like it, you should be able to run with the person choked, i dont know how people had trouble countering force grip, i countered it 95% of the time, and yes people would get thrown off ledges etc... but thats the price of fighting in that area. Know your maps, know where to engage your enemy, and prepare for what may happen. Force grip was also a great countering move for force drain/heal users now, its kinda pathetic for both, and if you dont know how i used grip to counter heal easily then you just dont know how to use grip effectivly, and no i wasnt a grip whore, 95% of the time never used it unless someone used force on me first.

3. the animations, just look awkward as hell for blue stance, yes i know this is nitpicking but, the original stances looked much more fluid now they just look jumpy. To a lesser degree medium stance has the same problem.

4. There was no need to change the guns, again this is just nitpicking, as i never really used them. But if you were dying to gun users alot, then you didnt know what you were doing, again im not trying to sound condensendign(sp?) or anything, but i almost never died to gun users. I think the guns were fine as they were, you need some guns that cant be blocked with the saber easily.

hmm its late, i cant think of anything more. I do think though raven is doing what it should, it cares about its customers and i give them kudos for keeping up excellent customer support, also the new duel levels are nice, i was hoping somone would make the bespin shaft duel level hehe, I just thought that was an awesome area in the single player game.

Again these are all my personal opinions, everyone has thier own.

take care all, and happy sabering :D

Sith Felonius

PS still gonna give the patch a few more days, maybe my opinion will change, but most likely it wont ;)

Yes i know they are YOUR oppinions, just gonna point out somethings.

You say you never use heal, absorb, or grip, yet you say grip is the best way to take out someone who heals? how would you know? and why would you care?

You can still throw people off with grip.

also if grip is so easily countered (according to you) then why do u care if they cant run anymore?

I havint noticed any different animations for medium and blue, other than blue is faster... might be just me.

you say you never (95%) ever die to anyone. then whats the big problem? all of a sudden because its a little more newbie friendly you cant win all the time? If your so concerned maybe you should spend more time figuring out new ways than telling us how good you used to be.

im not bashing you (ok i guess a little) but you contridict yourself alot.

excuse the mass ammounts of spelling errors.

The End!

sorry its late and i quoted by accident. if the quotes are gone good, if not whatever.

"You have no rhythm."

HAHAHAHAHAH! That seriously cracked me up. In that huge tirade, suddenly "You have no rhythm". I love you, jmd7340. But not in that way.

Anyway, as far as the patch goes, here's the only comment I can add: I haven't installed it yet, so I can't give my opinion. For me to give an opinion without installing it and using it extensively would be moronic.

BradFu!:ewok:

Archived