Home

The Patch Sucks Like Hell!!! Urgent(must Read)

henrychan415

MAN LUCAS ARTS WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU REALLY MESSED THE GAME UP FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN THE GAME WAS A PERFECT 10 BEFORE THE PATCH, BUT NOW I GIVE IT A 6.5. I SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU MESSED UP THE SABER MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING ELSE IS FINE IN THE PATCH BUT THE SABER MODE!!! YOU STUPID AS HOLES!! DAMN YOU ARE DUMB MEN!!!!!!!! WHATARE YOU DOING!!!! YOU GUYS REALLY MESSED IT UP!STUPID MAN I MEAN NOW THE SABER FIGHTING IS SO BORING WERE U GUYS TRYING TO MAKE IT MORE REALISTIC OR SOMETING IF U WERE I THINK U ACTUALLY MADE IT LESS REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU STUPID ASES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM MAD!!!!!!! MAD MAAD MDADMAMDMAMDMADMMADMADMMADMADMAMDMADMADMAMDMADDMDM

ADM THE GAME IS RELALY MESSED UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ONLY DID U MAKE THE GAME LESS REALISTIC IT IS SO MUCH SLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAY YOU BRING THE SABER FIGHTING BACCK NORMAL FOR THE NEXT PATCH MAN U GUYS ARE REALLY STUPID MESSING WITH THE GAMEPLAY NOT VERY SMART!!!!! I BET EVERYONE IS MAD AT YOU GUYS I MEAN THEY ARE ALL COMPLAINING!!!! ITS NOT ONLY ME IM NOT THE ONLY ONE! EVERYONE ELSE THINKS THIS PATCH SUCKSSSSS MAN WHEN I FIRST PLAYED THE GAME WITH THE PATCH I KNEW YOU GUYS FOOKED IT UP RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE IT SEEMED LIKE I WAS HAVING LESS FUN WITH THE SABERS!!! YOU AS HOLES MADE SABER FIGHTING LESS FUN WITH THE PATCH!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!! OH MAN I FEEL LIKE I AM RIPPED OFF NOW!!!!! WHY THE HELL DID U GUYS HAVE TO MESS WITH THE GAMEPLAY !!!! I MEAN WE DONT WANT THATTTTTTTTT DID U HEAR ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GAME PLAY!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! YOU STUPID ASHOLES!!!! **** ALL WE WANTED WAS FOR YOU GUYS TO FIX THE OTHER STUFFF!!! NOT THE GAMEPLAY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN I AM SO MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!! YOU AS HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING MESSING WITH THE GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BET GAMESPOT WILL GIVE U GUYS A 6 INSTEAD OF A 9 FOR THE GAME RATING NOW HAHAHAHA U GUYS ARE FVCKED UP HAHAHAHAAH STUPID ASES MAN ALL I ASK IS THAT U BRING THE GAME BACK TO NORMAL FOR THE NEXT PATCH YOU ARE SO STUPID TO MESSS WITH THE GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey now the guy has a right to vent, should have heard me i was fuming with rage. It's in the constitution so he has all the right and if he is banned for speaking his mind in CAPS then the admn could have a huge lawsuit. I dont know about you but this game was my life before the patch, I actually feel less happy as a person now. Yes the patch is off my pc now but I still am having problems with the game ever since and even before. I dont know where they hired the chimpanzees to code the game but they should be givin a bannana and sprayed down with fire hoses.

Henry, I think you need to calm down, take some sedatives, and explain WHY you dont like the patch. Its gonna do no good telling anyone that you hate it without reasons.

And dont be so childish with your caps... I got so bored reading it after the first paragraph, it was like listening to a four year old.

Why we don't like it ?

Okay.... here goes... (yet.. AGAIN...)

1: Blocking

The auto-blocking in saber-combat is WAAAY overdone. You can basically stand still and hold up your saber. As long as you're facing your opponent and he/she isn't using any special finishing move, you block about 99,9% of all his slashes.

2: Saber damage

There's a system now that lowers damage when you hit your opponent at the beginning or the end of the slash. While this is certainly a good idea, I think it is too blatant, and should be toned down. Difference in damage between 100% hit and beginning/end hit should be max 5-10 damage. In other words, red should stil do at least 90-95 damage.

3: Gun ammo

I don't mind the guns being toned down a bit (I'm an almost pure saber-only guy anyway) but this is rediculous... CTF is ruined, gunners are disgruntled, and those guns weren't THAT much of a problem anyway... If you had a bit of skill in manouvring and were adept at using your forces, you could overcome 90% of all gunners.

4: Nerfing of heal and drain

Heal takes half your force power for just 25 hp, while it was a bit too much at first, this is really rediculous. 3 force blocks for 25hp on level 3 heal seems a lot more logical to me.

Same with drain, now it's still as fast, but it takes as much force power as it drains... Again, more logical would be the same usage/drain factor, but just SLOWER.

5: Absorb is overpowered

Now absorb is not only invisible (a logical change, you can't know when a dark sider is gonna use drain either), but the activation cost is only 1 block (wich isn't that bad tho) and the price to maintain it is VERY low (THAT is what makes it overpowered).

Drain vs Absorb :

What I think that the reason is for making absorb so strong, is the countering of the drain. But... if all they would have done was just slow down the effect of drain, (slower force usage, but also slower force drain and heal), then they could have made an absorb wich would be invisible, cost not that much to activate, but have a BIG force usage when it's on and when nobody's draining/lightning/etc you. Of course, this would mean that using drain adds to somebody's forcepower when he's using absorb, to balance the huge consumption of force when using absorb without absorbing anything.

These are my gripes with the patch, and the last comment is my vision of a way of balancing a few forces without nerfing other forces, or making them overpowering (like lightning now is.)

bring on the comments !!! :D

(there, told you WHY I think the patch sucks.... happy ?)

It's in the constitution so he has all the right and if he is banned for speaking his mind in CAPS then the admn could have a huge lawsuit.

WRONG! This is the internet, it's an international place. This is not a democracy, the admins are in control here. You and I don't have a say in what goes on. Our posts are stored on a computer, someone's PRIVATE property.

Also, the United States' First Amendment only gurantees that the government can't restrict free speech. If a government court decided the admins had to pay some jerk who likes to type in all CAPS, that would be unconstitutional. The posts are stored on a private computer, and they are property of Lucas Forums. In other words, they own our posts, and they have the right to do whatever they want with them.

</rant>

I dont have a problem with the absorb/drain thing or even the Heal thing. Although maybe heal should actually heal a bit more, but thats realistic enough. But what I'm mad at is the fact that the saber fighting sucks a nut. Medium stance is useless now... It doesn't even have the same movements as the origional medium did. Also, you can't kick anyone over anymore... WHAT'S WITH THAT!!!! The only way to do it is to get to the side of them which is rediculous! Raven, you really need to fix this. Obviously some people are taking this a little too far with swearing and stuff. And I understand that you guys are just testing things yourselves. But I believe you need to fix this.

Also, all you guys who think that you can say what you want on the net, your wrong. This is the World Wide Web. The US Constitution can't help anyone. Yes I am American, but that doesn't mean I can go on German, or Russian site and say whatever I want. Well I could, but it's disrespectful.

Anyway, Raven, come on guys. You're smart, let's see these problems fixed.

[henrychan415] you damn n00b.

The patch is really really good Raven dudes, keep it rockin. i just suggest you try to make it lag a little bit better on 56k modems, cuz i hate lag. ='( Maybe make it lag all weird like CS or JK, so the lagger doesn't see the lag so much. :) I know, that's stupid, but hey, i hate lag.

The auto-blocking in saber-combat is WAAAY overdone. You can basically stand still and hold up your saber. As long as you're facing your opponent and he/she isn't using any special finishing move, you block about 99,9% of all his slashes.

remember this is STARWARS! the Jedi have this thing called the "force" whatever that is (<<--that was sarcasm for those without a brain), it directs their Lightsaber thingy for them to block attacks!

so the blocking is only natural to have overdone, this isn't something like an RPG where you either have to block on your own or its random.

As for the constitution, it has NO connection to the internet and that has been debated before.

The only laws and rules that apply on the internet are those that are international and those set forth by the websites owner(s)

NO one countries laws take presidence.

if laws had a hold on the Internet we wouldn't be shooting people in these games, we'd be bonking them with foam bats.

LoL! I don't know if you American realize this, but it's so funny that one of you brings up THE CONSTITUTION every time when something comes up that's even remotely connected to legal issues.

Please understand that you CONSTITUTION means nothing to the rest of the world. And that is a whole lot of people. :D

Ok, i have been gone for a long while, and i gotta say you people moan an awful lot, it's true they did go overborad with nerfing btu it only takes a few hours to acutally gets used to. but alot of the core gamingness is still there (except s throw in nf games, that makes it pretty broing in some servers)

And also i don't think moaning anymroe is going to do any good, i mean i tihnk they've got the point eh?

And Henry, You sir, are an idiot.

[*]Raven develops the game, not lucasarts

[*]It is actually under their liscence they do have a right ot patch it

[*]You use the word ******* too much

[*]You give no reasons for hating 1.3

[*] you should get a refund for your buy, you obviously don't like it and have never palyed sp.

[*]You are incapable of not using caps.

[*]Their aim isn't to make it realistic either

[/list=1]

heh, look at my post count ;)

Archived