Home

The Patch and Throw

Jman3ooo

What should be done to throw in no force duels?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done to throw in no force duels?

• Leave it.
    • Weaken it.
    • Add Wind Up.
    • Weaken it and Add Wind Up.
    • Remove it.

Nuke it.

NF saber duels are just that, and tactical.

Doesn't take much to throw and run; I'd rather have the DFA back in full effect!!! At least they're coming TOWARDS me! :)

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a proponent of the DFA, so NO FLAMES!:D :D :D

I would condone NF saber throw in the first version, just because in NF duel there was no other way to counter DFA against a player who was any good at all in 90% of situations.

Now it just doesn't make sense...and I admit I'm a real throw spammer, if I see the other guy expose himself at all I just right-click instinctively. But the idea of NF duel is that it's slash against slash, and I thought the emphasis on sabering in the new version was supposed to be close-in fighting and sword-to-sword contact instead of just backing up with a Strong swing and hoping the other guy runs into it. I haven't played 1.03 yet but it would seem the duel would just go to whoever was best at saber throw, especially since Heal was nuked.

I do like throw in some cases but I think its over used. People seem to end up throwing more then fighting. In all of the Starwars movies I can only remember one situation where someone threw a saber.

Although it's better than DFA spamming, I do think it's abused. I use it if my opponent exposes himself as a thrower, and have won many and have lost to many due to throws tonight. I think it's not a bad move, it just needs to cost more force. You shouldn't be able to use it as often. I don't think a windup is that great because it's a good sneak attack to get a guy who's all over you to back off, yet if it had a windup, you'd get slaughtered before you got the throw off. It should be a reserve move for a defensive player, not a dominating offensive strategy.

Saber Throw can be disabled on a No Force server, however many people do not yet know how to disable it.

To make a true no force only server, you need to set the following in your config:

seta g_forcepowerdisable "262143"

Now, doing anything other than throwing your saber constantly in a NF duel will be inviting your own death.

Does anyone actually remember whether the community requested this or not? I sure as hell didn't.

A true "no force" server would have no saber combat. You spend force points on all the saber moves.

So you don't see the difference between swordfighting and using a mystical energy field to hurl and guide your sword? Wow...sorry...

I really don't know wtf Raven was thinking of when they twinked saber throw, but I just couldn't believe it when I saw it. I was playing a ctf game in the warring factions map, and was acting as a bodyguard for our flag carrier. I noticed an enemy player heading our way so I lit my saber (it was saber only) went into medium stance and got ready to whup his ass. He stopped quite a good distance away and just stood there, when much to my surprise he chucked his saber at us. My first thought was "and your point being?" but the damn thing kept coming! I nearly wet myself when it made contact with me! After dispatching said enemy player, I found a nice semi-quiet area to see what was up with saber throw. I then launched my saber and just watched the saber just go and go and go and...well, you get the idea. I left the game with a sense of dissapointment in Raven. I was happy with the excellent job Raven did on adressing the issues with saber combat until today. What I want to know is this, why did Raven nerf the DFA only to give make saber throw as powerful, if not more, than the rest of the weaponry in the game. All of a sudden the saberists received an incredible kick in power, especially on the sabers vs guns servers. The thing is, is that I don't remember ANYONE asking Raven to fix saber throw. It was just fine the way it was. So come on Raven quit smoking crack and give us a balanced game. I thought I would get to get rid of this but...

Raven:lightning

It must have been a mistake...I just can't believe that they would do something so...idiotic. It's such a big change and it isn't even mentioned in the releases, which just points out to me more that it was some sort of error.

Archived