Home

I love the patch!

WarteX

thank u raven for the patch u really listen to us fans! I really love that the MP saber combats r just like in SP and the heavy isnt so devestating, now i cant get flamed by any1 for using my fav stance :). And to all the n00bs out there who thinks the new saber combats sux, u suck.... not the patch, it takes more skill to win a duel now (yay). I dont care if I get flamed Im just so happy about the new patch!

I just played about 1/2 hour game online with the new patch. After getting used to the style of the privious saber combat this one is gonna take getting used to as well. 'm a little disapointed at how much weaker the medium style is, it's like the weak stance with the old version, i dread to think what the weak stance is like in the new version.

Overall a good job Raven, ballances it out more and it requires more skill to master, a nice challenge for us :D

i thank god for this patch maybe people can get some skill now that

- Forward + Primary + Jump from standing position

- Jump + Primary while in air + Jump Forward (update from nem-x)

is not so deadly, and on the note people are complaining cus the only move they have mastered has been dramaticaly decreesed

:fett::jawa:ewok::evanpiel::bdroid2::biggs::bdroid1::deathstar:deathii::atat:

i must say, when i first played on the new match i was struggling, and getting very frustrated, but after about an hour i was cleaning up with the saber, and i was still able to use my heal even though it got nerfed hehe. I really enjoy killing dark jedi now, mroe strategy involved on my part!

GREAT JOB RAVEN!

It's gonna take some getting used to...

I think the major issue is the damage distribution.

There's less damage at the beginning and end of the swing, most of the damage is in the middle of the swing. This makes sense I guess.

The problem is that it's difficult to stay connected with your target through the middle of the swing and avoid being hit yourself.

It's entirely impossible to stay connected to your target through the entire swing.

You inevitably do much less damage per hit now.

I guess the trick is to time your hit to coincide with the middle of the swing, not the start of the swing as I was used to doing.

Saber combat takes much longer now and seems quite tedious but I hope things will get better when I get used to it.

Love the patch, perhaps now i wont see 14 out of 16 players on the server all doing nonstop DFA. It made it so boring, was nothing like lightsaber duels should be played, in short it was lame, very lame.

If they stop doing that i may stop looking for fights between lots of people and waiting a sec before lightning the lot of em and getting all the kills, also lame but i had to have some way to get back at the boring sods!!!!!

Its now alot more even, saber fights seem to be more like saber fights than a circus of jumping clowns.

As a result i will stop looking for big fights and nicking all the kills with a lame blast of lightning.

Just saw a few regualrs i see alot, all of whom are DFA whores

Oh how i laughed at their dispair and anguish as i slayed em time after time after time. :D:p:D

This patch was almost everything i hoped it would be, well done 10 out of 10, give yourselfs a sugar buttie as my dad always used to say.

Heheh The only "MINOR" gripe I have is how the "pull + backstab" move has now started to become almost as spamed as the DFA move....

Honestly Like the DFa move from before, I never minded if it was done occasionaly, heck even doing a DFA into a huge pack of people fighting was fine with me, it made sense you know? If not, think about it a little, it will come...

Do I think the new "Pull + Backstab" should be fixed? I don't know, it's not out of hand yet, and oddly I don't feel as pissed when it is used to kill me, though probably I should... I guess I have gotten it through my head that people who spam one hit one kill wonders usualy suck in other modes of combat... Thus my Machisimo goes unwounded by even the deepest saber thrust.

As far as the patch goes? It took me about an hour, I whiumpered at first... thinking oh god, the saber is so weak now, cooler looking fights though at least...

THEN after that hour was up, I took a bath came back and joined in again... to my surprise I must have subconsiously learned the new skills required to play the new patch, because I was owning the server like I started doing just before the patch... (figures, a DAY before the patch I had finaly gotten the hang of the old version to a degree where people would run from me heheh LOL.)

My point? People only bitch if they are getting thier ass handed to them with the signature of the guy who killed them, with the ink still drying...

Now even when I die I feel less robbed... i feel more honored... Or I figure it was about time, I just killed five guys, it's about time that guy off on the side took a swipe at me when I wasn't looking heheh.

I will say it has made large scale saber battles a bit more wierd... i can run into a large pack of people, all doing whatever... and never kill a soul no matter what tyle or move I am using cept maybe for the Back attacks of all the moves on occasion (they seem to do the trick now heheh).

the point is, though saber battles last longer, look better,and require a "DIFFERENT" kind of skill. While I can attest it took skill to win matches in the old version, this new version is much more how I anticipated MP to be, full of flashing saber clashes, and even animations of my figure blocking in various directions!

The moves make a tiny bit more sense now, and it's truly awesome to fight two or three people at once!!! you know it's harder because you CAN'T dispatch any of them too quickly without pushing them off a cliff or something, and even when you do, your still in trouble...

So now you have to think a bit, and be VERY reflexive, not just able to time your swings, but also have the reflexes to avoid being hit...

Now when someone jumps around a lot, I understand it... I don't feel like saying: "Come back here you bunny and take it like a man!"

Why? Because I know that that hopping isn't a DFA on the way each time, and also because I know even if we do hit eachother it's not the end of the world... He hits me and jumps away... and dances... well... he'll be back... I have a nice red combo waiting for him when he does too...

good point demangel!

The saber battles r more movie style now, if there would have been a saber duel like one in the old MP (heavy chicken races, no saber clashes, running arouind blindfolded) in 1 of the movies it would look really stupid.

Right on!

Its a great patch. The whiners looked at it for 5 minutes then came here to cry.

For anyone that gives it a shot and has a good attitude the patch= FUN FUN FUN!

I say give it one whole week and the complainers will all have dried up and blown away by then.

Originally posted by Hutchca

It's gonna take some getting used to...

I think the major issue is the damage distribution.

There's less damage at the beginning and end of the swing, most of the damage is in the middle of the swing. This makes sense I guess.

That's only true for the Heavy/Red stance. Med/Yellow and Light/Blue are still the same way. There has been no change in the damage for these two stances.

The only differance, is the hit dectection is more refined in 1.03, in 1.02 you could score a hit, with out actualy hitting the other person, you can't do this anymore. The differance is rather small so it seemed like you hit, but in truth you should of missed. This was fixed in 1.03.

Archived