Home

It's spelle D-U-E-L, not D-U-A-L!!!

-=VIB=- Wang

You know I'm a Canadian who lives in the States, so I kind of change depending on the time of day, but you know what doesn't make sense? The English pronunciation of the word lieutenant--where exactly does THAT come from? (pronounced like leftenant for those who don't know...)

..............you forgot your "eh", eh!

Marklark, I very much Marklarked your marklark tomove to marklark... i would marklark like a marklark, and marklark like a marklark... then we could all be like marklark. And marklark would be much better than the marklark on marklark...

ROFL I LOVED that episode! almost as much as the one where cart gets abducted by aliens and shoots fire out his ass, then denies it just before singing the song about the sun and the tea for two ROFL!!!

Originally posted by Tozier

SpelT? Is that correct in Britain? It's nice to know some brits still speek like Tolkien, though he was South African....

Wasn't South Africa controlled by Brittian for a period of time? They used to get slaves from there. Tolkein might have been born there (which I did not know), but I bet you anything that he had a British education.

england didnt get slaves from south africa, im pretty sure that they controled it because of large diamond deposits in the area

slave traders usualy worked along the nothern cost, less of a trip=more money

EDIT: and slaves were not used in england, they were traded to the new world

I think Americans just forgot how to spell at some point and just decided to spell it like it sounds - like Some hicks in the Virginian Appalachians way back when. Then it just caught on. Now they think they're kings of the world and whatever they do must be right, screw the rest of the world - heck their knowledge of anything outside the States is really low on average.

Imperial measurement itself is a lot less logical than metric. But who cares, listen to some more Britney Spears, drink some more Coke and eat McDonalds.

Maybe when the colonists came over here to escape the opression they felt they were under in Europe they decided to change their writing system as well to further distance themselves from their stuck up, snobbish roots? ;)

Groundrunner, how can you logically berate Americans for supposedly thinking themselves superior in a post that does nothing but speak to how superior you think you are over them?

I don't care one way or the other, personally. Spell it how you want to.

I personally spell: colour, favourite and sabre and I have never been to England... nor am I an Anglophile. I just do it naturally. Don't ask me why cause I don't have an answer for it.

More like cullour or something cos its not quite an er, its definitely not or but its not really an our either :confused:

Of course theres sulphate / sulfate too :)

Even the imperial measurements vary between the US and UK. In america there are 16 fl oz to a pint compared to 20 in the UK. ie UK pints are 25% bigger, mmm.. beer :D

Imperial measurement itself is a lot less logical than metric

Today, yes because we are used to counting in tens, but in the past 16 and 12 etc were much more useful than 10 because they are more divisible.

Originally posted by -=VIB=- Wang

Duel - A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor.

Dual - Composed of two usually like or complementary parts; double

If you still don't understand, here is a sentence for each!

He pulled out his sword, I pulled out mine, and we proceeded to DUEL!

When Anakin picks up DUAL lightsabers in Attack of the Clones, that was definitely my favorite part.

If you still don't get it, well, you are SOL.

Stfuplzkthxbai.

People here comes from all around the world. not their fault if they can't spell correctly. I bet you can't even write Hello in Arab. So shut up.

Archived