Home

conn probs with patch?

ed1371

OK, heres the rundown:

no connection problems before the patch

I apply it, no problems for a while

Past few day though, while using the in-game server browser (and now for the past 2 hours) I cannot view any internet games. I can use gamespy 3d and arcade, works fine.

when it hits up the master server I have gotten two errors:

wsaeconnrefused

wsaeaddornotavail

made sure firewall did not load on windows startup, ALL un-needed programs shut down. Got the same error.

Uninstalled completely (saved maps in another folder) and then reinstalled. Went into the game and master server reponded right away.

added maps, and then applied patch...same problem...UGH

Am I alone in this problem? Or have others seen this?

? :confused:

I noticed the dreaded phone jack after applying the patch while playing on the ded server on my local Ethernet segment. eek! I fixed it be disabling EAX 3.0 in multiplayer. Thats my sole gripe about the patch i guess. Multiplay EAX causes system stuttering left and right (on my system anyways). System specs for those interested:

WinXP Pro

Athlon XP 1800+ on an Abit KG7 RAID w/ 512M RAM

Asus V8200 Deluxe

SB Audigy Platinum

Well applied patch and got the same problem.

Try to "get new list" and the following is what I see in the console:

REQUESTING SERVERS FROM THE MASTER

NET_SEND PACKET:WSAECONNREFUSED

I sent an e-mail to tech support, hope they can tell me why this is happening. I did notice on the lucasarts website that the master server will be down tommorrow for maintenance, maybe the problem is related.

Guess I am still alone on this one....

AH-HA, I hath found the problem. I will post the same in the tech help forum (where I should have posted this, but didn't realize there was one!) Anyhow, ZoneAlarm Pro was the culprit...even though I had it disabled, it was not allowing the game to connect. Had to uninstall it.

-ed

Archived