Home

Jedi apprenticeship?

achannelle1

Well first of all you can't volunteer. You do what ever your job is and only one path is right once you find that right path you become force sensitive, corect me if I'm wrong but I think every single player is able to become force sensitive. Then once you are you must find a a jedi kight or master that will train you to become one.

There are npc jedis like luke that you can go to get quests....fulfilling these quests will probably give you some skills and force stuff. then you just work at gaining them on your own i believe. And you don't need an apprentie to become a knight....once you are a knight, however, if you want to become more powerful you have to take an apprentice. only then can you become a master.

Because the timeset is the period just after the battle of yavin, luke is nothing more than an apprentice, you cant possibly learn anything from him IMO.

I think training of a jedi will come in more subtle ways. Like special points of interests, jedi textbooks or scrolls that reveal small fragments of information. It is totally possible to become a self-taught jedi ,although its much harder, Kyle Katarn did it. It's probably a way of trial and error.

Originally posted by Zendjir

Because the timeset is the period just after the battle of yavin, luke is nothing more than an apprentice, you cant possibly learn anything from him IMO.

I think training of a jedi will come in more subtle ways. Like special points of interests, jedi textbooks or scrolls that reveal small fragments of information. It is totally possible to become a self-taught jedi ,although its much harder, Kyle Katarn did it. It's probably a way of trial and error.

And many will succumb to the dark side of the force. Since it's the easy path!

Yeah you're probably right zendjir. Ascari, actually it will probably be harder than the light. Everything I've read about the game says it's going to be very hard to be a dark jedi....even harder than a light. not that it won't be damn cool to be one. But in a sense, yeah, it is easier....It's always easier to kill than to protect.

Originally posted by Gaalgoth

Yeah you're probably right zendjir. Ascari, actually it will probably be harder than the light. Everything I've read about the game says it's going to be very hard to be a dark jedi....even harder than a light. not that it won't be damn cool to be one. But in a sense, yeah, it is easier....It's always easier to kill than to protect.

generally speaking yes, but not always so:

Try killing Yoda in hi's good days.. AUCH!

try protecting Yoda in hi's good days... piece of cake :)

yeah, but he's an NPC, not the same as another player. And from what I gather of the dark side of the force it always leads towards paranoia and ultimate destruction......I dunno how they'll make it harder than being a normal jedi in the game, that's just what they said......

Yep, they said that allright. I think being a dark jedi will bring you into contact will all kinds of evil people (NPC and Players) who are in the game just for their own good. Well, and you being a dark jedi and all can be a big threat for their position, so they will be willing to eliminate the 'competition'.

:vadar: Dad? Nooooooo it can't be true!

Player: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

:vadar: Noooooooooo nooooooooOO! My offspring are popping up all over the galaxy! I wasn't a rabbit :max: when me and :amidala: exchanged fluids!

Player: It is the only way!

:vadar: *jumps into pit, and is saved by the emperor in his :deathii:

Yeah, I really would like to be a jedi, especially for teh thrill of being hunted...that would just bring about a hell of a cool feeling. But, I'm gonna start off as a bounty hunter so I can at least be the hunter. Start running. =)

Archived