Home

the playing backwards trend

DrazMan

I just wanna say that the back sweep is actually an awesome movie if you use it right. For instance i do a move (and did it before the sweep was trendy an cheap) where you jump over you opponent landing on the opposite side of him then pull off a back sweep to catch him as hes turning to find you. Fun and legit move in my opinion. Also someone who comes running at me with his finger stuck on the lightning button i'll quickly pull him to the ground and sweep him up. But boy has it gotten ridiculous. It was bad just days ago when people would do nothing but pull, sweep, pull, sweep, pull, sweep, ect. But now we have a whole new breed of lame. People running around almost the entire map backwards. With the new patch they can run backwards and still not get hit because of the super blocking the patch provided, and as soon as they come across someone, death.

How to fix this without botching the legit uses of back attacks. For the people running backwards it can be easily fixed i think. Take out the blocking from the back thing and make being hit in the back do more damage.

As for the pull, sweep combo. Make it so people can't do the backstab for a given time after using force pull.

Problem solved (hopefully). We left in tact the amount of damage it does so it can be used in more clever legit situations. But took out the cheapness factor of it.

Originally posted by DrazMan

But now we have a whole new breed of lame. People running around almost the entire map backwards. With the new patch they can run backwards and still not get hit because of the super blocking the patch provided, and as soon as they come across someone, death.

I would have to agree with this, although I love the patch and it's improvements people always end up choosing one type of attack and using it all the time.

The only way I could think of fixing it for this move, is to not make it so quickly repeated. I mean, a person with 100 health and 100 shields could survive a backstabe attack, but when it is quickly followed by the same move, you're dead. Slow the recharge rate of the backstab/slash allowing you to do like 1 backstab every 5 to 8 seconds, in theory it would work.

:D

Aahhh.. the Ass-fighters..

:D I think we have any official name for those people! :D

I actually think it's pretty funny when people are running around backwards like noone will notice what they're doing. I think it's a viable tactic, but it can get out of hand.

For instance last night I was in a game where a guy came in who only did the Forcepush/backstab attack. No guns, no dueling, just standing around waiting to steal kills and find groups of people fighting. He would run whenever you really challenged him. It pretty much ruined that game.

Archived