Home

I Want To Play In First Person!!!!!!!

jabba52

I've been waiting for the patch now for a while because I want to use the saber in first person. WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE SABER IN FIRST PERSON????????????????????????

I play the whole singal player game in first person and then I'm forced to play online in 3rd. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not exactly sure why, but here is my guess.

Remember the "hands" skin where all you could see of the hands? Well, from what I understand, When you go to first person mode with saber in SP that is the skin that you become.

That would be a bad thing in MP since being 95% invisible would be considered by most to be a cheat (that's why the made the hands skin unusuable in 1.03).

I'm sure it would be possible for Raven to fix it and make it work in MP, but think about it. They have a lot more on thier hands to worry about. This last patch has caused a wide division between SWs fans and true gamers. They've go more to worry about then 1st person in MP.

Raven knows that most people wouldn't use it because it would put the user at a major disadvantage in MP.

Originally posted by Jedi Brave

in JK1 the first person sabre combat was WAY harder than JK2 and imo the 3rd person view helps it ALOT.. dont worry.. 3rd person is better.. take my word for it ;)

It should have been an option for those who prefer it. Telling us that we should like 3rd person because you do is mildly retarded.

Originally posted by Khmer Ghost

It should have been an option for those who prefer it. Telling us that we should like 3rd person because you do is mildly retarded.

taking my friendly gesture as an offense is what id call mildly retarded.. well anyhow.. even if u did get to use first person sabres ud probly get dizzy trying to do moves like spinning slash or bicycle kick.. IMHO 3rd person is the way to go.. id hate to see how the view would look while dueling.. its pretty fast paced and all that turning and twisting will probly make someone dizzy in 1st..

Well you know they did it with the guns so i don't see why they couldn't with the saber. Its just suppose to change the models for the player ..not others looking at you.

If they released the tools for us to edit the models i'd gladly make first person arms for all the different characters, like they did with Kyles for first person. That is if its too much work for them..

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt Raven wants to go back and add extra code for a first person MP game, or they would have done so by now. I think thats the game's biggest flaw, and is really why I never got into the game as much as the original. Again, its my opinion... the game is really good, but the fact that I'm forced to play in 3rd person is a severe turn off (yes, i'm a big FPS fan). I think Raven did a fine job on the game, but making the decision that no one will mind the 3rd person only and assuming everyone will find it easier is pretty stupid on their part. Oh well, maybe the gamecube version will have a firstperson MP sabre mode.

-IAMDAK-

Archived