Home

Anyone interested in a pc hack?

Guest Kurgan

Sure enough, but such a thing doesn't exist.

But if it did, we probably wouldn't be promoting it on these forums...

Kurgan

Guest Darth Kurgan

If you mean making the game playable on the PC (for those with powerful enough PC's that is), then sure, there are TONS of people who'd love to do that (many jilted fans who were awaiting Obi-Wan pc).

But how many people would have the know how to do it? I couldn't say, and I'm sure very few could since we don't know the encrption schemes of the Xbox or the internal coding, etc. The other thing is, how close would it be to the real deal?

Again, if somebody did figure out a way to hack the Xbox Obi-Wan to work on PC, it would NOT be a topic for these forums for showing people how to do it (for obvious reasons).

Kurgan

It probably wouldn't be that hard, I mean we're talking about the pc in an Xbox. ;)

Acctually all I'd like to know is weather obi-wan will be on a DVD or CD, hopefully CD as I don't have a DVD player. If it's on a CD then probably all I'd have to do is run it like any other pc game, by running the *.exe file. ;)

• 5 months later...

The Xbox uses a proprietary(sp?) filesystem...on the harddrive at least, I don't know about the dvds. And yes, the game discs are dvds.

As for the "it's not allowed on this forum" thing.

I don't have a problem with it, I'm sure none of us do...but microsoft obviously does. And microsoft tend to be a little loose with the lawyers.

• 2 weeks later...

Now without condoning anything illegal...

I will say that I would consider purchasing the game if I knew that I could make it fully playable on my pc machine. I don't plan to buy the console, maybe rent.. but I can't spare the 500 bucks right now (540 if it has two controllers). ; p

So in that case, I hope somebody "finds a way" if you know what I mean.

Archived