Home

Hp?

Jah Warrior

This may upset a few folk, but hey who cares,

I'm getting well sick off people stopping numerous times throughout a duel to say - "HP?" or even at the end of the match for that matter.

1. It totally spoils the flow of the fight.

2. If you know what you are doing you'll know to within 10 hp what they got anyway!

3. Everyone queueing up for a fight will have to wait even longer.

4. Why give the opponent the advantage of knowing they have more points than you?

5. The games are long enough now the patch has sorted out the dfa boys.

Suffice to say, I have no problem chopping up these statisticians all i want is a fight not a bloody running commentary.

In the case of telling people HP at the end of the match, i personally would rather not know, as it is still a loss, but if people ask i will tell 'AT THE END'

I do however have a couple of tricks up my sleeve for the time wasters -

1. Bind a key to say 100/25. hehehe

2. bind a key to say Sorry i never tell - get on with it!

3 Kill them

Harsh but fair as who wants to spend the whole of your spare time queing up behind hit point geeks?

Increase the Peace,

Jah

The reason I ask for hp (at the end) is to find out how close (or more often - far) I was from winning the duel. If the opponent was down to 10hp then you don't need to change your tactics very much - however if you didn't even land a hit (and it's difficult to tell post-patch) you know there is something very wrong with what you did :)

And yeah - I have no idea why people expect you to tell them your hp in the middle of duels, its all a bit silly :)

It seems with the saber fighting system being even more random than prepatch (sabers will seem like they hit but only cause 1 point of dmg), it's difficult to tell damage dealt. I've struck people with three overhead combo slashes with strong as a test; they survived with 25 hp.

i'm with you on this one jah, i also hate it when people ask me about my hit points. it just annoyes me...

the reason for this, i think, is that i want to play a duel to have a good time, not to know how by how much i lost or won.

ps: wait a second... jah warrior? haven't we played together some days ago? :)

Yes cuppacoffee that was me you played against, hello again.

There is a further point i think i should make.

Use your ears people, there is a different sound for different ammounts of damage, learn them and use it. its really quite obvious, and if you really need to be doubly sure look for the puff of black smoke when you make contact with an opponent, this is sure sign that you caused damage.

Ultimately my point is, that if you lose you lose whether its by 1 or 100 its is still a defeat. There is no use crying over spilt milk.

peace to you all,

Jah

Archived