Home

Any one working on a Leia skin?

LandoCalrissian

I'm presently working on a Slave Leia skin. It's my first non DF2: JK skin, so I'm using it as a learning process.

I'll post pictures when I have it at a stage I'm ready to showcase

I'm still playing around, and yesterday swicthed it from Tavion based to Jan based - now that I can turn off the goggles / vest & chaps.

Originally posted by Darkhold X

yep you can make her look quite different without the crap on her, to bad I havent been able to make the face look to much different.:Dhttp://www.x2studios.net/imagestore/SuperSVegetto/front&back3.jpg

wow thats pretty cool

can someone help me?

i extracted the jedif MVS File to Jans folder and can see Jan in a crouched position with no vest,chaps goggles etc in modview

then i unzipped jans surf files and jedif icons from the MPsurfs PK3 file

and put them in the players>jan folder with the MVS file and all of jans orginal jpegs etc

when i select "Jedif" in modview i can see no differences

the "model_default_jedif" skin file says:

surfOff "torso_vest hips_chaps torso_computer head_goggles torso_comp hips_belt"

surfOn "torso_augment_off hips_augment_off hips_torso_off"

but i can see no differences what am i doing wrong?

Originally posted by Bucke

when i select "Jedif" in modview i can see no differences

the "model_default_jedif" skin file says:

surfOff "torso_vest hips_chaps torso_computer head_goggles torso_comp hips_belt"

surfOn "torso_augment_off hips_augment_off hips_torso_off"

but i can see no differences what am i doing wrong?

The SurfOff and SurfOn stuff doesn't go in a skin file. You need a .surf file with nothing but those two lines. The name of the .surf file MUST match the skin files you're using (IE, model_default.surf, model_blue.surf, and model_red.surf)

BradFu!

Originally posted by BradFu

The SurfOff and SurfOn stuff doesn't go in a skin file. You need a .surf file with nothing but those two lines. The name of the .surf file MUST match the skin files you're using (IE, model_default.surf, model_blue.surf, and model_red.surf)

BradFu!

sorry i didnt explain this very well

those 2 lines are in the surf file

basically i extracted the jedif files from the tool pack

but when i put them in a folder in the players directory or in jans folder nothing happens jan appears as usual

Originally posted by PerfectSky

I had that very problem before aswell..

then I updated my JK2:Jo to version 1.03 (i think it was) and then It worked :)

well i download the new patch and now the skin shows up in the game but not in Modview .damnations.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to show you I wasn't lying earlier, here's my Slave Leia work in progress.

I'm pretty happy with the costume parts, and I've not properly begun shading the back, arms & legs with flesh tones yet. The face will also be worked on to make it more like Carrie Fisher.

This is a pure "skin" - no mesh model variations / additions at this stage. Hopefully as I learn modelling I'll be able to add a proper skirt, not just the hotpants she's currently wearing. And I plan to to fix up Jan's wrinkly knees & change the head shape to be more like Leia than Jan.

leia-wip1.jpg

The skin may not get released if it doesn't comes up to scratch, I'm just using it as a base to learn how to skin for JO. I've only ever edited JK before.

:c3po:

• 1 month later...

Here's how my Slave Leia's coming along;

http://www.hansen.net.nz/skins/sleia-wip2.jpg

This is my first JO skin attempt (I'm more familiar with Jedi Knight

modelling and skinning). I hope someday soom to learn to model JO, and give my Slave Leia a skirt - but in the meantime hotpants it is.

Still working on face & neck seams & textures, boots and the hotpants.

(The face is adapted from Dwayne 'Oddjob' Douglass's texture in his Boushh model. Permission for its use is presently being sought).

jp-30 :c3po:

Archived