Home

Yoda Model!

Kinja

To all who truly want this model now:

You really don't understand what you are asking for. Already myself and other modelers have been harassed to release models before they were ready. All of us were lamblasted for doing it, so please relax, sit back and watch the process.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, if you wanna bust on someone, go mess with that bastard Dante in the comments section for those Yoda screens on the front page. There are a few other jerks that commented there too, I think. I swear there the type of ingrates that think people owe them somthing I guess. Anyways if you do, try and make your comments intelligent, unlike mine, hehe ;)

I thought you said that pretty good Uber Sith. Cause if you put what we all wish was reality aside, which is that everyone would atleast read a few of the 1st pages of a large thread and then maybe the last couple of pages or so, so that they would get atleast a decent idea of whats going on. But instead realize that the reality is that there are going to be people that come in to the thread without getting familier with whats going on, and unfortunatly they talk about old issues and offer ideas weve all heard a million times. But like Uber Sith says, that just means we have to hear the posts complaining , heckling, and even the occasional understanding and helping of these accusers, even when its so exuasting some times. the point there is that its even more info that we've all heard before and could do without. Maybe we should instead develope a proper etiquit page or somthing, idont know. But we have to learn, adapt, and think outside the box so to speak. Cuase one thing thats for sure, the way were trying to fix this problem at the present, sure doesn't seem to be working. Anyway, just a thought ;)

And to the Naysayers, Yoda will not fail.

tchouky, through his coding l337n355 was able to resize models, ingame, in multiplayer. He is workign out the bugs currently.

and no, that anakin_skywalker is not something i'm working on, it was just a downloaded skin

lol

i just wanted to spawn alot of bots into the lvl, and he happened to be one of them.

my new project is well underway, i have one more part left to model - UV maps are 90% complete, and textures have yet to be started. if you want to know what i'm working on currently, check out the readme for Exar Kun.

Sup everybody! ! !:joy: I just want to say thank you to all the negative peeps, who in one way or another, said we couldn't do it. So, thank you for all the inspiration you gave me.:laughing: For real though, I wanna thank Sithlord ii, Arco, Kman, James, and Tchouky for all your help in the developement of Yoda. Don't get me wrong. Yoda is not finished yet, but things are look'n pretty dang good if ya ask me! Anyway, on a lighter note, I was testing Yoda with Sith in MP, and I must say, it was freaking awsome! the crappy hair is still there though:rolleyes: Well, thnx to everybody else who supported this project. Even you noobs:yoda:

BTW: I took a few screenshots while we were testing and I'll probably be posting them in here soon.

umm who cares? I know I don't. It gets a little annoying seeing you all post in here about how much you want the model or arguing with each other about stupid s***. No one cares what you want. Just let Kinja work in peace.

And I'm sorry if I offended anyone I don't want to get flamed. This post is just too long and filled with useless boring crap.

I'm going to put the yoda skin I am working on as well as the ESB yoda aside until the model is further along in progress. I'm also a bit busy with other things.

Progress of the 2 skins so far-

Red CTF- 85%

ESB Skin- 25%

As for the spam, I have been deleting and logging the ip's of all the useless comments and bickering people. If I see any more of this I will close this thread and see about banning some people. You have been warned.

Kman, unless you are an administrator, this is not your thread to close! If there is not a block scripted into these forums that only allow the thread starter and the administrator to close threads, then there should be. I agree with you whole-heartedly about the flames, whines, and impatience on this thread in particular, but Kinja should have the right to decide whether or not enough is enough.

Also, just as a general comment and Q to the community, Lucasforums is getting pretty big!! Don't the admins clean off old posts to clear up space?

To the entire Yoda development team,

I knew you'd figure it out! I'm just getting into all this stuff myself. (Mapping seems to be the easiest task to tackle when you have about ten other things on your plate, so I'll be making some quality maps soon. ) But Kinja, hey, awesome model! Sithlord_II, excellent work, as always, getting that sucker in game. Tchouky, you'll have to teach us all how to write code, man! That rocks! And, hey Arco, your skin looks incredible in game.

Kman, sorry to flame you before (more like a "Yoga Fire" --remember Street Fighter II?), but it would be cool to see some pics of this new skin you and Kinja are talking about. Or did I miss that somewhere. Cray, forgive me! LOL. Keep up the good work, guys!

Check the forum main page. I am now an admin.

As for the skins I have been working on, go ahead and see if you can find em. I'm sure they start around page 7 or so. I'm not gonna post the links all over. Either I'm too lazy or I feel that it's not my fault that 40 pages of mostly useless garbage has been piled on top of it. ;)

No, what we need to talk about is this. I see alot of stuff going on in these forums. Some good and some bad. One of the things I see, is a lot of people judging people for mostly petty things. I mean c'mon people, do you really think we should get so worked up about this stuff, I mean so what if a noob posts somthing we've all heard before. Read it... sigh, laugh, histerically and go on. I mean, weve got the Government, the cops, and some of you younger guys probably got your parents and teachers all tellin you what to do. So my point is this. If were all atleast being fairly respectfull to each other(which I feel we are for the most part) why can't we all just be cool, and have fun? Is'nt that what this is all about? Cause if its not than I don't know why I'm here. And so what my thread is a little large? Hell it fun to create a small phenomenon. I mean if you ask me its us Modelers, skinners, and coders in here making all thes custom Models and Mods that are the real source of the life of this forum and the community. And its also the stuff thats going to give this game any longevity. And whithout this game there is no forum or community. So I say lets create sort of a respectfull type of Forum Anarchy, where there is no law but to show respect, and if you can't do that then yes, you get dealt with. But I don't think noobs posting and spamming even are out of disrespect. Ignorance maybe, bad social skills are even a possible reason. But I've said it before this stuff is just stuff that you must accept because there is nuthin you can really do about it. Bitching and heckling doesn't stop it, and only creates more garbage to read. Also, I did'nt get where I am today by worrying about what other people were doing. I got here because I was worried about what I was doing. And thats where your focus must be if you want to succeed and be happy in life. You have to be a Jedi! Now lets just have some fun! Can we?

BTW: I would recomend that anyone and everyone read this book, "THE WAY OF THE PEACEFULL WARRIOR" by Dan Millman. Its a good starting point on becomeing a realworld Jedi. Believe it or not... you decide:)

Oh yeah baby! I got an ingame beta off sithlordII and so I finished up me skin (new eyes, new tunic thang and new HAIR!) I have a few more sahders to add shiny eyes etc and then i am calling it a day. Oh yeah here be ingame shots......

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/yoda.jpg

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/yoda1.jpg

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/yoda2.jpg

AHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!

Arco:atat:

hmmmmm listen, look and maybe learn. The model that i am using for beta testing does not include the mod.... so he is full size. Once the mod is put in he will be smaller but the saber will be the same.

anyway I am gonna try out a few more shaders an then yeah sure you can have him for testing kinja.

arco

LOL, crap that sux,lol. Its funny as heck though. Although I really hope a bunch of people didnt get that file, and if they did I hope they dont distribute it. Cause it looks horrible like it is there. ****e!

anyone who is decent that we have talked to at least at JK2 will not distribute that model, and if the model itself is submitted before it is ready we will make sure it is removed promptly.

sithlordii

PS the saber thru head thing is unavoidable, not because his head is so big (it is in scale with his body for the character...), it is because using the base humanoid skeleton means you have to try and line the model up with the skeleton - the body itself is bigger than the normal skeleton layout and some changes were necessary from teh original setup.

Archived