Home

Who spams moves?

TheDarkSide

Do moves spam themselves or do people spam moves?

All this talk about being upset at Raven for the vaunted backstab tactics in the new version seems a lot to me like getting mad at the wrong entity. Over the past weekend I figured out the meaning to JK2.

It's the people. Who you play with directly affects how you feel about the game. Myself I love the game and the new patch because I play with a bunch of buddies primarily, that don't a$$-fight, don't spam DFA, etc Well I lie, sometimes we'll a$$-fight, but as a humorous diversion :)

I realized a while back that I stopped getting any satisfaction from public servers bcz the world is filled with a-holes who don't feel the same way I do about my games. I love winning, but don't feel the need to exploit cheap moves to do so. I get 0 satisfaction from beating a bunch of complete strangers whom I probably will never see again when I jump off the server. I like to beat people I know :)

I think (so please don't take this as fact) I think that people who go looking for the ultimate gaming experience on-line from a public server are just going to be disappointed. Find a group of guys that feel the same way you do about playing. Don't like a$$-fighters? find some other people who don't (there are plenty out there) and play with them. It's all about the people you play with. On a public server, you can't guarantee anything. When you're among friends you pretty much can.

Am I the only one feels this way?

TDS

Very true about finding good players. It's something me and a few other FFA admins have been trying to culture from the "public". I've so far had to kick and ban at least 15 or 20 players. So it takes some work. But now I'm starting to get a good regular crowd. I've even shown some of the assfighters THE WAY, and they've become good challenges.

Although still the 1.03 patch needs some addressing. They overdid some of they're darkside adjustments, and failed to address the backstab like they did the DFA.

FYI

The backstab IS a problem. But not just because people spam it, or because it kills in one hit. But because the move is buggy sort of like the blocking is now. Where you can kill someone with that move unrealistically. For example. if you backstab get knocked on your ass during the move, then someone runs up to attack you while your on the ground, you should not be able to still score a onehit kill while on the ground. But yet that's the way it works now in 1.03, as it did in 1.02 with the backstab. Hell I even died attacking people from the front while they we're doing a backstab. Does anyone really think that's right??? Well if you do, The DFA had the same quirk in additon to being able to spin mid air with it. Raven fixed the DFA, but also took it's one hit kill ability. A mistake IMHO. I like the concept of one hit kills, but the bugs with them need to be fixed. And I'm sure the developers being all buds probably didn't run around one-hit killing each other either, thus why its still a problem.

Yeah I don't mean to say that the backstab doesn't need to be fixed. I think that it does, and have posted that in a couple other threads.

But what I'm getting at is that I'm not going to say that it's ruined the game for me, because it hasn't. Playing with my friends, I've seen what you're talking about....I killed a guy as I was backstabbing...got pulled down to the ground mid back-stab, and laying on the ground I got the kill. Cheap as hell, and I apologized. I've seen the backstab kill in front too. It's buggy as hell and needs a fix, which Raven has said they'll do (if they're allowed to do another patch). But it's far from "ruined" the game for myself and my buddies.

Which led me to my epiphany...that the game isn't actually ruined by the move. Just because its in there doesn't mean it has to be spammed. People ruin the game, moves don't. If the move ruins the game for you, it's because you're playing with the wrong people.

Knighthawk - what server do you admin? I'm always on the lookout for a good public server, cuz they are hard to find. I hope you run 1.03?

TDS

Archived