Home

Mouse Glitch?

NightFallMyriad

Ok, this has been bothering me for awhile now.

I have an MS Intellipoint mouse with 5 buttons. This works out well since I assign the side buttons to push and pull, which I think is pretty intuitive.

After I downloaded the patch though, I started noticing that sometimes (and at times quite frequently), I cannot use the side buttons without getting side effects.

For example, I cannot use the left-side mouse button (push) without throwing my saber now. As I'm sure you can imagine, this makes pushing people over useless since the blade passes above them in single player (or worse; is deflected by reborns, etc...). It's very frustrating not being able to push effectively.

In multiplayer, sometimes the mouse button decides that instead of pushing/pulling, it wants to taunt. People laugh at me because I taunt them just before they kill me. I wasn't taunting them, I was trying to throw them off the ledge!

There's another thing about single player, sometimes using the force push/pull activates the light amplification goggles. This means that I'm about to die.

In short, why the hell is my mouse screwing up like this? And is there anyway I can fix it?

If anyone has any answers, please post them because this is a great game and I'm eager to fully enjoy it.

I've noticed the weirdest bug. I have mouse4 bound to "force_pull" (intellimouse explorer). In CTF mode, it works fine.. But in any other mode, not only does it do a pull, but it also makes me roll. I'm assuming it thinks it's bound to "crouch"..but it's not...

When I go into the console, and do

bind mouse4 "" , it of course does nothing.

But if I do something simple like bind mouse4 "+attack", it attacks AND rolls, thus somewhere there's a bug that's making the button do the crouch (I'm moving forward when I'm using it)

Sigh

I think there have been quite a few people who have this bug.

Today I tried binding taunt to 2 places thinking that you can only bind something to two keys in the control menu. But, alas, to no avail.

It still taunts when I try to use push and pull.

However, I've discovered that it only does it on the THIRD time.

I'm not sure what the cool down period is yet, but if I hold down either MOUSE 4 or MOUSE 5, it will push or pull respectively TWICE and then taunt on the THIRD attempt.

I don't understand why...

Someone mentioned to me that there are drivers for the MS Intellimouse, but I'm convinced this is a patch side effect because this was never an issue pre-patch.

Any ideas anyone? Is there no one who can help?

So what then?

Is there any way to fix it? Should someone point it out to Raven?

Godamnit, I'm going to keep this thread going until I get some answers.

Obviously there is a problem and it is apparent that there are a number of people who have it, so what can be done about it?

I had this bug and came here to find a solution when I didn't I went out to find my own. The best I can find is to close the software program in the system tray, just right click the mouse icon and click close. This seems to fix it and will still allow you to use the buttons. However it can stop the mouse buttons working in other programs, since I did this I haven't had this problem.

Hope that fixes it :)

Thanks for the response Chaotic. I'll be giving that a try, but someone should still address the problem. You shouldn't have to close the applet to get JK2 to work with the mouse.

Still its a start...

If we know that closing the applet makes things work, then maybe there's a software conflict or something? In which case either MS or Raven needs to do something to work around it.

Where are they when you need them... ?

What I did was pick a key (I chose "I", which I generaly bind to screenshots, and did a 'rotating reassign' to the I key, and then back to the original settings. There seems to be some 'alt' conflicts that people have seen. Anyway, after doing that - and (I'm on a laptop) getting rid of all of my 'KP_xx' bindings, everything works fine.

Mike

Alt conflicts would make sense. I remember that when I tried to assign my side mouse buttons to the translocator in UT, it showed up as ALT in the console menu.

But what do you mean by rotating reassign? And what are the KP_xx binding and how do you get rid of them?

And still, something needs to be done about the inherent root of the conflicts.

<Cough, cough, RAVEN cough...>

Archived