Home

saberDmgVelocityScale and other settings, please explain

NITEMARE

i found these in the config and wondered what they would do?

seta g_saberTraceSaberFirst "1"

seta g_saberDmgVelocityScale "0"

seta g_saberDmgDelay_Idle "350"

seta g_saberDmgDelay_Wound "0"

ps: why is the forums search function disabled again? i dont have the permission to search, it says. thats why there are 1000+ posts about the same question, like force select/disable and so on...

I can ask the programmers if you want. I'm don't have a clear idea what the first one would be beyond pure speculation. The last 3 are most likely the cvars that they created to adjust saber combat the way they described. When they came out with 1.03, then mentioned they made it so that the damage done at the start and end of a swing do less damage than in the middle. I would guess that those cvar affect that characteristic.

heh yeah thats what i thought too at first. but after messing around i just found out what one variable can do! just one!

seta g_saberDmgVelocityScale "0" any greater value than 0 adds a push effekt to the saber besides the normal damage faktor. so you can play baseball with the bots hehe. i changed it to 10 and one hit, not matter what style, rendered the bot to a meteor flying to the very heights of duel_pit.

i hope we will find out the other mysteries of the "sith" since we all want to change the mistakes beeing made or still to come from raven...

hey! just another mystery has been discovered by el stupido nitemaro!

seta g_saberDmgDelay_Idle "350" is the delay between the 1 hp damage you take when running into an idle saber, in milli seconds. i changed that to 0 and when hitting another idle saber

(my opponent was typing) it made one big flash all the time, and not just delayed blocks and flashes...

please guys tell me what the other thingies do!

Archived