....<edited>

2. For those of you unhappy with the increased

saber blocking in CTF and FFA modes in the 1.03

patch for Jedi Outcast, you can turn off the

changes by setting the CVAR g_saberTraceSaberFirst

to "0" in your server configs. Setting this

to "1" = More Blocking, "0" = Less Blocking. It

defaults to "1" in 1.03.

I have yet to test it out, but felt it necessary to get out to the general community. Give it a try and post back here on your thoughts.

TDS

I just reinstalled the patch for two reasons. To play the demo, and to try multiplayer with lowered blocking. It's staying on this time. Blocking was my number one problem with the patch and raven has done a lot with a little gesture to restore my faith. Now, for the one that turns of saber throw in nf.

"Now, for the one that turns of saber throw in nf."

Saber throw IS off in nf.

There's a thread about it here somewhere. The problem was that the servers had some "1.02 thingy" left when hosting 1.03 games...or something...can't remember.

But saber throw is (generally) off anyways.

It feels way more realistic, and less like your opponent is half BOT skillz. You can't just keep swinging like a headless chicken becuase you need the saber in the ready position to actually block. It feels like every strike needs to be surgical, and the hit detection no longer "feels" broken.

I wish I could make a custom filter for the AllSeeingEye server browser to filter for g_saberTraceSaberFirst "0". But I can't find the cvar listed in the server settings list. Anyone know if this is possible?

Originally posted by Luc Solar

"Now, for the one that turns of saber throw in nf."

Saber throw IS off in nf.

There's a thread about it here somewhere. The problem was that the servers had some "1.02 thingy" left when hosting 1.03 games...or something...can't remember.

But saber throw is (generally) off anyways.

No...it isn't. When I set up bot NF Dueling servers just to test this concept, I had Saber Throw. I am not an advanced server, I just know the very basics so I never altered an configurations in 1.02 or 1.03--I just click the No Force option.

Archived