Home

Duel of the Fates RELEASED!!!

Andy867

Just to let everyone know, version 1 of Episode 1 (Duel of the Fates) has been released!!! you can find the link @ http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/map.php?id=140

Before you start to flame and complain, here is a bit of FYI....

Living released this map without the N-1 Fighters, BUT will be releasing a 2nd version with them.. here's what Living had to say about that and other things "There are NO N1 fighters in this version, but they will be in version 2 that will be released for faster machines with a mirrored floor that some machines cant handle so look out for that...plus the ones available didnt fit they were too small and the ones being made have been canceled by the person making them =[[ " so once he can find a modeler to make a bigger, more detailed N1 Fighter, he will then be able to re-release the map!!!

so there you have it, and there you are.

texture problems? Like where? post some screenshots so we can see what you see...Cuz i know there are some spots that appear orange, but other than that, nothing that i am aware of.. but i will check it out the map again...

all in all I love the map except for a few things.

<1> lando's ship in the hanger (or whoever's, I just remember it being called Lando's at one time) Please remove it, I'd much rather have an empty hanger than a ship that looks so out of place.

<2> The door leading into the series of forcefields. I know it was put there to reduce lag but perhaps a better alternative would have the door switch controlled in-game? If we want it open someone runs over somewhere and throws the switch, if we want it closed they run over and throw the switch back.

<3> Perhaps remove or slow down the swirling of the power cores? I find that alot of my own lag happens when I get near one or more of them.

<4> Not so sure about this point but if all the textures and other things arent absolutely needed remove them from the pk3 file to reduce download and storage size? Not a mapping novice, let alone an expert so dont know if this would work on not.

Has noticed the door as well, and this is due to the doors being trigger sensitive, so unless you approach them dead center, one might open before the other, etc.

AS for Lando's ship, it is there because 1 ) it is 40 years after the battle for Naboo, and 2) it reduces lag, believe it or not.

- as for the door leading to the pit room, I will speak to living and see what he thinks.

- about the textures, if they aren't there, there would be anything but a big grey map.. Trust me, I've tried, and a lot pf people have found out the hard way when trying the map through single Player.

- About the energy beams, I will mention it to Living, but I am not sure if they can be slowed down, but I know they can't be stopped, too many people would complain about it... Believe me, theres been about 10 posts about the energy beams and if they would be moving...

if you guys find anything else, don't hesitate to mention it, but as before the ship MIGHT, however unlikely, be removed in the Special Edition. and I will make note to Living about the other things discussed. N-1 Fighters will be in S.E. once Living does/has find a modeler to do a larger scale model. and will add mirrored floor in the pit room... Nuff from me for now.. Andy867 out.

Hi, this is my first post :) anyway, I believe the problem with this map is loading it in single player mode. Ive tried it in multiplayer and it runs fine, but when loading in single player to play against a few reborns, this weird texture errors occur and a strange shader-related error is show in the console. PLEASE fix this, this map can be SO much fun in single player against reborns :) well, thats all :p

oh, and i tried the hunkmegs thing and it doesnt fix anything. I have a really good pc (XP 1800 & Radeon 8500) so i dont believe that is the cause of the problem.

Well, I can all ready tell you right now that until Raven can release a patch where Single Player will support Custom textures as great as in Duel of The Fates, that the map might be limited unless LivingDeadJedi has an ace up his sleeve:)

The Hunkmegs was mainly for people who have less than a 900 MHZ, but have lots of ram... for me, I use a 900 overclocked in the BIOS to 972, and 192 MB ram, and an ATI Radeon 7200, and I get anywhere from 17-25 almost 30 FPS in the core room, and 40-110 everywhere else. I know graphics card play a pretty big part for this map.. the better the card, the better the FPS, although Video cards are still dependent on CPU and RAM...

I think it would be great if LivingDeadJedi were to make another version of this map that has reflections and such. I also think he should make a version that is a bit watered-down for some people who are having a hard time running the level. I don't think I would mind that much if I were to sacrifice some of the eye-candy for a little bit smoother play with some higher FPS. I would like to see both versions, if that's possible. I think a lot of people would agree with me on either version. Point being that he should make another version, if not both of the versions that I mentioned. However, I would rather see him start making another map since his maps are always good. I heard some of the things that he plans on doing and I would much rather see newer maps than to have him dwell on this map.

I emailed him and he said he probaly will make a updated version for the high class computers, and another version for us people who dont have a top-of the line computer. He said if he could find the purple saber shader or something like that, then he would change the purple cylinders to glow instead of appearing like they move, because, its basically unplayable for me and most other people in that area of the map.

i really like this map allot! but the FPS in the big power room? is killing me.. i am playing at 800x600 with the lowest detail setting (i normally play on 1024x or higher but i have to adjust the resolution for this map) on a 1600mhz 512mb Pc with a 128mb GF4, and i still get a max at 16fps in that room.. .. all other places on the map i get just around 100 fps..

::/Ed

I'd like to see a version that removed the hangar area, and the lower rooms, and just had the dueling location, in the power rooms, with the corridors

just my opinion though

the map looks great but is a little too big for my taste

it takes forever to get anywhere, and even with 4 or 5 people on the map you can run around for quite a while without seeing anyone.

the purple one

bottom line theres going to be 2 versions

1. SE version, best version to exist

2. First release.

Either the majority is going to use SE because its the best version. or the majority is going to use First release be SE is too laggy

one is going to because the defacto standard

would be a good excuse to upgrade your pc :)

what is and how do you use hunkmegs

Dear Sir -

Your map is simply incredble. It really gives me the feel of the movie. I am amazed. My only suggestion would be to somehow alter the spawning point and/or goals so that the "bridges/chasm" room is more often used. MOst fights seem to take place in the hanger. When I go into the big bridges/chasm room, its usually empty.

THANKS for such a great MAP.

Archived