Home

What you need to know about SKILLS and FEATS.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo

There are two things that along with abilities decide what happens to your character. They are SKILLS and FEATS. Here is a thread for you to post your questions about skills and feats, but first I will provide a definition of each. Please DO NOT POST until I have finished! Thank you.

Getting SKILLS- Deel Surool, a scoundrel, can walk quitely up to a door, put his ear to it, and hear a battle droid commader barking orders to it's troops. If Vor'en Kurn, a soldier, were to try the same thing, he'd probably make some much noise that the battle droids would hear him. He, however, could set an explosive to blow out the door and incapacitate the droids behind it. These actions and many more are determined by skills that characters have.

At each level you get 4, 6, or 8 skill points that you use to buy skills. (Yout Int. modifier adds to this number. Humans get 1 extra skill point at each level above 1st.) A first level character gets 4 times this number. (Humans get 4 extra skill points at 1st level.)

DO NOT POST

Using SKILLS- To make a skill check, roll 1d10 + Skill modifier (Skill modifier = skill rank + ability modifier + miscellaneous modifiers). The roll is made just like an attack roll or a saving throw. You are either trying to beat a certain DC (Difficulty Class), or beat another player's character check. For instance, Deel could attempt to sneak past a guard's Listen check with his Move Silently check. Skill rank is the number related to the number of skill points a character has invested in a skill. If a character invests 2 skill point in a skill that is within his class, then he recieves 2 rank. However if he invests the same 2 skill points in a skill that is not in his class, he recives only 1 rank.

How SKILLS work- Climb is a Strength skill, so when Rorworr the Wookiee makes a climb check, he adds his rank of 4, his Str modifier of +3, and his species bonus of +2 for a total of +9 (Which is quite good). He then rolls 1d20 and adds his modifier (rank + ability modifier + misc. modifier). The higher the result the better chance of Rorworr successfully climbing the obstacle.

DO NOT POST

Now for FEATS. A feat is a special feature that either gives your character a new capability or improves one he or she already has. For example, Kelko (a Rodain fringer) chooses to start with the Improved Initiative feat at 1st level. That feat adds a +4 bonus on his initiative checks.

Aquiring FEATS- Unlike Skills, Feats aren't bought with points. You simply choose them for your character. Each character gets one feat when the character is created. At every 3rd level after that (3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.). For multiclass characters the character gains feats according to character level, not class level. Additionally, many classes get extra class realted feats for free. For instance, a Jedi Consular gets Force sensetive, Weapon Group Proficiency (Simple), Weapon Group Proficiency (Blasters), and Sense. Human players get an extra feat at first level.

DO NOT POST

Feat prerequisites- Some feats require a certain ability score, skill, base attack, or other feat in order to learn and use that feat. A character can learn a feat at the same level that the aquire the prerequisite. If for some reason you lose a prerequisite, you can no longer use a feat that requires it. For example, if your character is fatigued and his or her strength falls below 13, you can't use the feat Power Attack until your character rests or is healed so that his or her strenght rises above 13 again.

Types of Feats- Most feats are general, or normal, feats. No special rules govern them. Some feats however are Force feats. Force based feats can only be aquired by characters who possess the Force Sensetive feat.

Thank you for being patient and not posting questions until I had finished. Now that this is complete please feel free to post any questions. I just hope I'm not forever known as Mr. DO NOT POST.

YOU MAY NOW POST ;)

Guest Tie Guy

How are we supposed to know what skills do, is there a place where you can see what each does, coz i am clueless in that matter.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

How are we supposed to know what skills do, is there a place where you can see what each does, coz i am clueless in that matter.

Yeah, I think thrawn said he would write all the skills and Feats up if someone asked. So expect it soon :D

*Kvan returns from the other room bloody and beaten* I thought you said you'd write up feats and skills if someone asked about them?

I got some free time right now(and I'm not being lazy) so I guess I'll write something up. What should I do first? Feats or Skills?

BTW For the people that already made there characters please don't make me make a new character for you :)

Appraise[iNT]: You can determine the value of an item.

Astrogate[iNT]: Trained only. Use this skill to plot a course through hyperspace.

Bluff[CHA]: You are good at tricking people into believing in what you want them to believe.

Climb[sTR]: Armor Penalty Check. You can climb stuff.

Computer Use[iNT]: Use this skill to operate a computer or write and/or modify computer programs.

Craft[iNT]: You get to pick a Craft. It can be anything. From Sculpture to Droid repair. You are also able to earn credits by practicing your given craft.

Diplomacy[CHA]: You are able to negotiate effectively and influence others.

Disable Device[iNT]: Trained Only. Use this skill to disarm traps are brake security locks or Booby-trap a mechanical device.

Disguise[CHA]: Use this skill to change your appearance or someone elses.

Entertain[CHA]: You are skilled in some type of artistic expression and know how to put on a show.

You get to pick a type of entertainment you provide (like chant, comedy, mime, drums...etc.).

Escape Artist[DEX]: Use this skill to slip binders off or fight through tight spaces.

Forgery[iNT]: You are able to make forged electronic documents (Such as a Starships transponder code) you can also detect others forgerys

Gather Information[CHA]: Use this skill to make contacts in an area, fiund out local gossip, spread rumors.Stuff like that

Handle Animal[CHA]: Trained only. You can train an animal to do stuff.

Hide[DEX]: Armor Penalty Check. You can hide well.

Intimidate[CHA]: You are good at intimidating people. Either through verabal threats or body language.

Knowledge[iNT]: Trained Only. You are knowledgable about something. Be it a person, place or thing.

Listen[WIS]: Use this skill to hear appraoching enemies or listen in on a conversation.

Move Silently[DEX]: Armor Check Penalty. You are good at sneaking up behind people, or sneaking away from them.

Pilot[DEX]: Use this to operate a vehicle whether it be in land, sea, air, or space.

Profession[WIS]: Trained only. You can pick an occupation, and make money doing it.

Read/Write Language[none]: Trained only. You can read and write a language of your choosing.

Repair[iNT]: Trained only. You can repair damaged machinery or electronic devices.

Ride[DEX]: You can ride something. When you choose this skill pick a type of mount to ride.

Search[iNT]: You can scour an area to find something.

Sense Motive[WIS]: Use this skill when you think someone is bluffing you.

Sleight of Hand[DEX]: Trained only. Armor Check penalty. You are able to pick pockets or do fancy tricks with your hands.

Speak Language[none]: Trained only. You can speak a language. Pick a language you will be able to speak.

Spot[WIS]: Use this skill to spot and ambush or a creature lurking in the dark.

Survival[WIS]: Use this skill to hunt wild game, guide a party through natural hazards and the like. You are also able to find shelter and food in the wild.

Swim[sTR]: You can swim.

Treat Injury[Wis]: Use this to help others recover from wounds.

Tumble[DEX] Trained only. Armor Penalty Check. You can dive, roll, flip and such. You also know how to fall and take less damage.

FORCE- BASED SKILLS

Affect Mind[CHA] Trained only. Requires the Force-Sensative Feat and Alter Feat. You can alter a targets perception or make a telepathic suggestion.

Battlemind[CON]: Trained only. Requires the Force Sensitive Feat and the Control Feat. You can increase your prowness in combat by using the Force.

Empathy[WIS]: Requires Force-Sensitive Feat. You can use the force to read a targets surface thoughts. and the targets general state of mind.

Enhance Ability[CON]: Trained only. Requires the Force-Sensitive feat. You can use the force to enhance your Strength and Dexterity for a short period of time.

Enhance Senses[Wis]: Trained only. Requires the Force-sensitive feat and the sense feat. You can use the force to enhance your sensory capabilities (like Spot and search skills).

Farseeing[WIS]: Trained only. Requires the Force-Sensitive and Sense feats. You can see events that are happening in another place/time.

Fear[WIS]: DARKSIDE. Requires the Force-Sensitive feat and sense feat. You can learn what frightens others and use it against them. Making them more easliy turned to the Darkside.

Force Defense[CON]: Requires Force-Sensitve and Control Feats. This improves your resistance of force-based attacks.

Force Grip[iNT]: DARKSIDE. Requires Force-Sensitive and Alter Feats. You can injure an opponent by telekineticlly gripping a part of the body and crushing it with the force.

Force Push[iNT]: Trained only. Requires Force-Sensitive and Alter Feats. You can knock down one or more opponents using the force.

Force Stealth[CON]: Requires Force-Sensitive and Control Feats. You can use the force to avoid both physical and force-based detection.

Friendship[WIS]: Trained only. Requires Force Sensitive Feat. You can use the force to calm a hostile person or animal..

Heal Another[WIS]: LIGHTSIDE. Requires Force-Sensitive and Alter Feats. You can use the force to heal another person.

Heal Self[CON]: Requires Force-Sensitve and Control Feats. You can heal yourself with the Force.

Move Object[iNT]: Requires Force-Sensitive and Alter Feats. You can move things with the force.

See Force[WIS]: Requires Force-Sensitive and Sense Feats. You can detect the presence of the force in a person, place, or detect nearby living creatures.

Telepathy[WIS]: Trained only. Requires Force-Sensitive and Sense Feats. You can use the Force to establish a mental link with a target. You are able to exchange a single thought or your emotions.

My turn!!!

Just to make sure everyone is clearn on the difference between, class and cross-class skills.

Class skills are skills that are listed in a table in the defination of your class. (if you don't have a book, one of us who does will tell you, or maybe if i send i list to kvan he will update his posts to include that) Any skill that is not listed in that table is a cross-class skill. The only difference between the 2 is how you buy skill ranks. on a class skill, every skill point you spend on that skill earns you 1 skill rank on that skill. On a cross-class skill, every point you spend on a skill earns you 1/2 or .5 skill ranks on that skill (so it would take 2 skill points to get one skill rank)

Everyone got that???

Good. because i have to go back to work

Guest Gamma732

Too bad I didn't know about that before I made my pc......or was that that confusing thing with the skills you told me about when we were making my pc, Kvan?

• 5 weeks later...

Masta technicly yes... any force useing pc can use get the force lighting feat.

But it is a darkside feat and if you use it you get a darkside point.

Now just so everyone knows i am working on a database for all of your pc, skills, and feats. I am plaing on being able to print or a pc sheet with a list of skills and feats with desctions on who they are used.

this will take a long time so don't think i will have this ready by monday.

Kvan did you say you had all of the skills type up or is it the same thing you posted here???

I posted all the skills here (except the ones in the darkside book). I did make a spread sheet of them...but it kind of got tossed.

The few people that I sent it to might still have it (Tie, rommel or gamma)

• 5 months later...

Archived