Home

**** my ***, you ******* ******** at Sony (aka the soundtrack CD thread)

Alien426

The soundtrack CDs for Attack Of The Clones have a nasty copy protection which prevents them from being played (that's right, you can't even listen to them, let alone make MP3s) on computers. I find this an insolence.

I wrote this e-mail to Sony (it will explain, why I'm so terribly pizzed):

First of all I would kindly ask you to shove it up your rear end! Secondly I demand a personal reply.

I was very disappointed to see that the soundtrack CD will not play in computers.

I don't own a CD player, but I'm one of those guys who leave the shop with 250 € worth of DVDs, PC games and CDs. You cut off your own arm and gave yourself a good whipping with it, because no one who listens to music on their computer (surround sound equipment is often installed there, because this is also the device to play DVDs with) will buy this CD. They will download it! I can't stand most forms of software and other media's piracy. Counteract such tendencies not by limiting your products by installing such 'protective measures'. Add value instead (with goodies) and rethink your price policy.

Also I've got a shelf with some 140 CDs (mainly soundtracks) and that's where they stay. Because I encode them to MP3s to listen to on my PC and Pocket PC.

I've heard about the method before, but ironically you introduce such practise to me with this very product.

1st: Star Wars is sci-fi and you act like Neanderthal.

2nd: I had decided to buy it even though I wasn't pleased at all with John Williams' 'degenerated' style.

Your comments?

The new Sony copy protection is easily defeated by using a felt-tip or magic marker to cover the track on the disc that does the protecting. I'm sure the specifics on this can be found all over the net by now, since I just saw a story about it on the news.

BTW-Reguardless of how you feel about copyrights/intellectual property/napster/etc. , one thing you can be sure of:

The music and movie industry will continue to develop forms of copy protection, which will in turn be cracked 10 minutes later by some 13-year old. :p

Originally posted by Harvester

Whenever I want a reply to a scathing email, I know I always tell the recipient to shove it up their @ss. :rolleyes:

Some people are so mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence.

I said that a little nicer. I'm the customer, so I *should* be able to tell about my disapproval. I wanted to prevent them from sending one of those lame prepared replies that they would send me the instant I mention the copy protection. They should have to sit down and reply to the very points I had.

I haven't yet recieved a mail from them, I guess they could be busy trying to tell the shop owners how to react when people demand their money back...

Archived