Home

WIP: Exar Kun

sithlord-II

hi there

well bloodriot and i worked on how to import into the game together, i believe he was in touch a bit with spacemonkey, and we received a document or two from mike gummelt, but mostly it was just us messign with it, and reverse engineering from modview with the kyle model for how it should be put together

and i think you're right about the eyes, it won't be a problem as i can still modify that area of the model easily. I'm still gonna make mods to the face as it needs to be a bit broader, wider in the chin

sithlordii

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overall porportions are fine..the only thing is the skin...the colors are a tad too harsh, I think. Especially on the face.

Great job on the model tho. This will be the only model I use when I play once it's released ^_^

I think the eyes and the mouth are too wide, that along with the dark shadows around them make the face appear to be too big. Soften up the shadows around them and reduce their width and it should really help the face along. He should be good when he's done:)

yup, good points guys

i'll try playing with the model parts, i might be able to resize the eyes a bit to see how it looks

but its the shadows that really hurt it, i should have the mouth texture itself taper off a bit more so that it isn't quite so prominent, it may go out as far as the corners but perhaps i'll tone it down alot more so that its a bit more subtle and natural. The face does look a bit out of wack because it is so bright, but thats why its still WIP, right?

;)

do remember i haven't done a face before in a texture, but i definitely appreciate the CC guys, i want to try and have him fixed up nice before i get him out there!

i'll definitely be lightening up the sockets of the eyes as he looks like the crow

his undershirt is a bit too bright iMO, as well as the cape, i need to darken both of those a slight bit

one other detail i might add is his right earring he had

sithlordii

whats funny is that the eyes, they're lukes - i modified them to fit onto the face of exar, for a place to start... they arent any darker than his.. hehe its just the stark contrast between the dark and light that makes it really stand out i think

Ok...heres my CC

The Model...almost perfect. Maybe you could change the cape a bit? it looks like Vaders cape in MotS, just out there hanging behind him might look better if you attach (flag?, tag? whatever the term is...) the cape to his elbow?? also as I mentioned before the eyes are a little large.

now on to the skin, heres what I see. As a first time facial skinner it doesn't look bad at all. The problem I see is your not using enough colors, it looks more like MotS/JK 16 bit, try using more gradual shading. also I know your basing this off a comic, making the colors a little more vibrant than they should, dull down the colors a bit and see if it looks more realistic.

Very accurate! I'm impressed! Keep up the good work, even if I don't know how you find the time, hehehe. :) I'm happy to finaly see some decent clothing in JO, the standard models are way too "simple" for my taste. Happy to see that he has Sylvar's claw marks on his face! Without them he wouldn't have been a Sith Lord yet. Just a tip, they look a little deep and too freshly cut, I would blend them in a little more. But then again, maybe oherwise they wouldn't be visible in game so it's a compromise I guess.

Keep up the great work sith, still some "minor" things you need to work out.

Remember, the eyebrows!!

The purple skirt texture needs to be redone as "purple chain mail".

Exar needs a slight tan and you know the eyes needs some improvement.

Drop yer ass back into IRC

just to add my two cents about my favorite sithlord, i think its a bang on job in every way, except that there is something about his eyes that doesnt quite capture exars essence (probably cause like you said, you used lukes eyes). They need to be a little more sinister and cocky looking, like hes glaring a little. Also, his mouth would look realy cool and fit that type of arrogant attitude if it had like a kinda half smirk on it. I am SOOOOO excited about this one:D

hi there

i have actually considered that, a half smirk for his face - i think that might actually look cool but i will play around and see how it looks

and i do know i gotta play with the face some more texture-wise as exar has a bit of a different look than what i have done thus far. As for those who say it doesn't look like him face-wise, consider it *artistic interpretation* - the texture will be fixed tho

heheheh

;)

sithlordii

Great job, I'm a big fan of him. You gonna make a lightsaber to go along with the model? I know somewhere someone mentioned something about the corallike hilt on the shot of him with two lightsabers, that would be quite cool.

The model looks great, can't wait til you finish it.

Looking cool. :)

But, if I could gripe just a /little/, I'd /suggest/ making him a little .. younger looking, fresher, paler. You got the vampiric, evil-dude look very well (Better then the comics! Because sometimes he just looked.. Nice in the comics). My suggestion is to clean up his skin slightly, smooth it out in photoshop with an airbrush with some pale-skin color (Paler the skin, the better looking), also.. Bushy eyebrows seems a /little/ much.. Tho I do like the dark brows, and shaded eyes. Really mean looking. :)

Keep up the fantastic work. :)

-Darth Caedes-

very good points guys, i do know of all these issues - like i said before, i'm hardly very experienced with creating faces, and the eyebrows do need a little trim

heheh

been unable to do much work on exar the last few days, personal stuff came up, etc

i do have one LOD model nearly complete though, and i have forwarded my empty skin layout to Arco, haven't heard back from him yet though - until then i will play around with the model, try and clean up the flesh tones in his face (he looks really gothic, almost dead with the really sunken sockets and the dark eyebrows contrasting with the pale skin. He needs some sun! heh)

well anyways will have some shots later i hope

sithlordii

Archived