Home

Light Stance Special BUG!!

m64253

You can by doing the Light Stance Special and holding the buttons down (knee + forward + attack) when you are falling of high places do some weird moves. Hard to explain but try it yourself and see.

Is this a bug or not??

Oh and I only tried it in 1.03

No, what he is talking about is after the first time you do it, the animation will be stuck but you will move forward everytime you do it. You can do it about every half second or so.

Using this you can go great distances in the air doing so. Though it's not incredibly useful, it is still a bug.

Originally posted by Sutek

Yes, you can pull off the light lunge while in the air, even after a jump. It's not a bug, it's an undocumented creature.

Actually, I think it was deliberate.

creature??? ROTFLMAO!! wow i didnt know his stance can summon creatures! haha J\P features correct? but thats a cool move to see ill try it

cheers

EDIT

i just tried it and i found a use for it!! my settings were jump lvl3 though....

if you use it and repeat on your way down a cliff or deep fall to a ground it will make you glide therefore you wont lose any health on impact! sweet thanks for the move! :)

Using this you can go great distances in the air doing so. Though it's not incredibly useful, it is still a bug.

Aah, that's clearer. Yes, I suppose that would be a bug of sorts (unlikely to be corrected, as it's not major - most likely to do with the fact that gravity is ignored during that animation since it was originally intended to be a ground move only...)

yeah i do this, it breaks the fall when you drop of a ledge, you can literally float to the floor if you hold it, I don't use it to great advantage , it just makes it quicker to get to certain places on the map. i like to duel quickly so people dont have to wait.

I also got called a hacker for doing this, wtf? I couldnt hack my way into a bag of crisps for christ's sake, hehe

Incidentally you don't need ant force jump to do it it happens regardless.

me: (spawns a the very top off ns_strees and see allotta action going on at the bottom near the two pits, so i do this move and glide all the way down there to save time and health)

admin: WASP! what did you just do?

me: oh.. it's pretty easy you just do the lightstance lunge while in the air :-)

admin: ( tries to pull the move off for like 2 minutes.. he' cant do it..)

admin: it's a hack you cheater!!

Me: (coulndt hack ****, lol) no its not, i just told you how to do it?

admin: you cant float in the air it must be a hack!

me: listen.. first off all it's not a hack.. seccond: who am i gonna hurt performing this move?

admin: (tries again to do it..no luck)

admin: well.. DONT do it again!

me: it's not like you can use this for anything offensive.. and everyone can do it..

admin: listen bro..

me: log's off

:confused: ::/Ed

OT: is the master server down? only like 12 servers show up in my browser?

Raven already know about this one at least, so if there's a v1.04+ it should be fixed hopefully.

I'd suggest anyone running a CTF league where being able to survive huge falls can be an advantage, keeps their eyes open for people abusing it.

nnoOoOOoO, this move is soooe cool, hahaha i use it do break my falls, of course it doesnt look as cool as rolling right before you hit the ground to save health but damn seing someone hack mid air is an astonishment on its own! plus no one can really be ahead of the game with this move, it doest hurt nor gain, unless someone happens to fly past you and you hit them 1/1000000 chance:D

i say leave this, if peope complain that they cant do it they dont deserve to even play, this move is easy to do

There are a LOT of good uses for that move. You can incorporate it into combos: standing slash to left, then right, then a slight hop forward into the (very low air) lunge.

Yup, perform it right before you hit the ground from a long fall (or jump) and you will land nice and softly.

You can use it as a nice surprise attack: run towards opponent, tap jump, then perform the lunge.

You can use it as a counter: someone coming at you, you jump backwards then change direction in mid air towards them with it.

OR

If they dfa in front of you, it can close the distance quick enough after they hit the ground.

There are more uses but I don't want to give away everything

I like to use it once in a while BUT like most any move there are counters that are easily learned so spamming it will only get you killed. :)

hmm... will have to try....

after seeing ep2(non spoiler, but you spoiler wackos might see it as one.....)

A jedi did SOMETHING like this.... broke fall after a long jump, but no saber move.... ohwell more movie like ;)

Yeah, I know the move, its great fun. Using it for an advantage could be considered cheap if others dont know how to do it, but as far as Im concerned its there for fun.

Have stormtrooper skydiving contests on Nar Shadda maps :)

Other cool moves/bugs:

roll catapault (use it on yavin temple to fly over the walls when you start at the sides)

Launching up ramps in Death Star (i think most people know this one since I saw it on the forums a hile ago, but I'm looking for other places to do it)

I'm not saying how to do them here because I want to see how many people ask how to do them. I need my feelings of power or my egoshrivels up and falls out of my ears.

I have never seen these moves on a server before. Would you mind posting on how to do them?? I did witness a server where the cheats where enabled last night. Some guy was using god mode and killing everyone. He was also dropping through the floor and doing the back stab trick. Everyone voted him off. Now that I know about the glide manuver I will try it on the Dual of Fates map...cause the platforms are just to high to drop even a single level with out hurting yourself.

Lol, it does look funny.

To do it, just hold down crouch, fire and forwards in mid air when in blue stance with sabre switched on. Its not a cheat, you can do it on any server, although I wouldn't recommend doing it for an advnatge, since then it could be called cheating, and you may give a bad name tp those of us who just like doing strange stunts.

Archived