Home

Padme model in progress

Anavel Gato

Here the first bit of skinning that I did tonight...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tetsuo/screenglue/models/Padme%20Amidala%20Face%20WIP%201.jpg

I still have a ton of work to do before the head is done but I like where it's going. The hairline needs to go up a bit, new eyebrows needed, neck I haven't even touched yet, more/bigger color differences in the flesh parts, ears need work and on an on... :D

Do you plan to do CTF colors? If so, please don't make the whole thing blue/red just give a stripe or something.

I think it would be nice to make the belt and arm-bands the team colors.

But first ... sleep! Tons of it :)

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might I suggest using a actual pictureof her face and syning the color up. I messed around with something like it a while back, I didn't put a whole bunh of effort into it (about 10 minutes) but you might want to try it. Here's the rough idea of what I did.

face.jpg

Sorry it's a bit unfinished and a bit big.

*Begins to chant* Arco Arco Arco Arco! Better than a photograph (which always comes out bad), let arco skin it, he's a great skinner! (the guy who did vader to some of you who dont know, -_-; shame on those who dont)

You're very close with the likeness on the face. From the front and the 3/4 side view, you can tell it's Natalie...the profile loses it tho. Its definetly highquality work. I can't wait to see the finished product.

-Abs

I'll try a skin for the face based on an image today. I got magazine with a very clearn pic of her face from the front in that I'll scan at a high res.

let arco skin it, he's a great skinner!

For now I'm not gonna let anybody else skin it. Sorry :p I like to skin so I'm gonna do it, then I'm gonna get it working in JK2 or Q3 and then you can download the model and skins to do with whatever you like.

Originally posted by [sWS]Strider

I hope you didn't get me wrong. Your doing a great job, better than I could ever pull off. I'm quite impressed. :-)

Not at all! I appreciate any feedback, help and bright ideas :)

I never modelled/skinned a woman before so this is "all" new to me.

I agree with Cmdr. Antilles on a possible next project.:D

also

"I call this aggressive negociations"

"You're a funny little boy..."

"You Jedi are far too reckless."

are all quite good taunts as they have stated. any one of those would be great.:)

I took Strider's advice and make a new skin based on a picture of Natalie Portman. Took me forever to find a high res picture of her face in a frontal and straight position. Scanning didn't come out good :(

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tetsuo/screenglue/models/Padme%20Amidala%20Face%20WIP%202.jpg

The lighting in the renders is again terrible but that's because I didn't use any lights :)

Here the link to my 1st/previous version...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tetsuo/screenglue/models/Padme%20Amidala%20Face%20WIP%201.jpg

I think I'll stick to the new one :D

I haven't even started thinking about a next project but Antilles's pic of the female Jedi knight would/could make a sw33t model.

I think I've got my hands full for now on dear Padme :)

I'd like to make a Leia model (white ep4 outfit) someday too.

Here some more taunts that came to mind...

I'm not afraid to die.

You're making fun of me!

Please don't look at me like that! I can see what you're thinking.

Too bad you can't make cutsom taunt animations :mad:

Sure, the model was great before, but those new face skins make it on a plane equal to the greatest models ever produced for any game. BTW, the blue Twi'lek female's name is Aayla Secura, and she was featured in the Dark Horse SW comics.

Archived