Home

I Hate 1 Hit Kill Moves!!! Get Rid Of Em!

Dark Begger

Just one thing we should all think about: One hit kills add more realism to the game, that's true,

BUT does that added realism mean it's gonna be more fun?

I say no, because one hit kill moves in a game are usually crap. Just look at the DFA, the majority of people complained about it, and Raven took it out. Now that's fine, but now they added another 1 hit kill move, the backstab, and now most people are complaining about that move.

Does adding more 1 hit kill moves, just because it's more "like the movies" or more realistic, solve the problem and make the game more fun?

No, because most players are against one hit kill moves. (just look at the most complaints about the patches:

1.02: DFA move (Raven responded and tweaked the DFA)

1.03: people running backwards spamming that backstab

both 1 hit kill moves, both not fun.

Like I said before:

We should step down from the "more realism is better" point of view. We should concentrate on a way to combine a bit of realism and fun/action/arcade together. But the main focus should be on the fun/action/arcade part, because this is a game. It's supposed to be fun.

i'm not saying make the game more like the movies and add a bunch of 1 hit kills that are "realistic" that people can spam over and over again. I was merely pointing out the fact that a lightsaber is a lightsaber. it cuts things. it melts things. If it were real, it would most likely kill in one swing. though the game as it stands now isn't fun for you, its fun for me, and lots of other people, dispite all the whining that goes on. Removing the DFA was good. Cause frankly i was tired of running up and trying to kill and then see the guy do a 180 with his saber buried and kill me like that. I don't know what raven was thinking when they beefed up the backstab but, oh well. I don't care really. The only thing thats funny about that move is how the saber doesn't have to be touching you in order to kill. its happened to me sometimes, and i've even done it myself on accident. but i'll do the backstab, and the guy will come at me on the other side and just get taken out. but, whatever, i'm straying a bit off topic here.

Play the game, or dont play the game. Its that simple, if you are pissed about the one hit kill moves stop playing then. Myself, i occasionally use them when the situation presents itself...but you dont see me walking around backwards hoping for some random person to run behnd me. (i am not pointing fingers here, i am just using that as an example)

And btw...they arent that hard to avoid, when i see a guy jumping at me ready to dfa me, i just roll out of the way...problem solved. If i see a person running around backwards...i just toss the saber at them or run in for a couple quick hits and kill them.

I believe you are mistaken...

DFA - I do not know why you saying MOST people think it was crap. A more accurate answer would be MOST people on these FORUMS think it's crap. Think about it, why do people come to these forums anyways? I can tell you that the majority will say that they have something to complain about.

In the SofD Clan NF 1v1 duel server, there were a group of DFA users who branded themselves with the name: Drunkens

They were pure DFA spammers, and I must say, that new comers would complain. But then when they stayed for a while, and watched the regulars there play (who were medium users or NOT DFA spammers..) they noticed something...DFA DOES NOT OWN..lol..it was very easily avoidable, and that's why no one ever really complained about these Drunken. the only problem with DFA was when it hit the ground, and then someone died from it. Otherwise, DFA was perfectly fine.

Now with DFA nerfed, Backstab has emerged. Let me ask you, why was Backstab not complained about before? why was it not abused? Because saber damage was much more REALISTIC before. If you turned yoru back for a second, you were dead. Now in hte process of Raven trying to make this game, as you say "more fun than realistic" , it triggered this exploit as the sense of danger while running backwards has been diminished.

But once again, backstab right now is VERY EASILY avoidable. I personally do not see anything wrong with it. Yes, you may die from a lucky hit from time to time, but what's a game where you don't ever die?

Oh and as for twl, I withdrew from 1v1 nf sabers ..actually I told Tysoft to delete my name, because I had switched clans and had to switch names, I will be rejoining the ladder soon.

Nathan Wind, I can't believe you are trying to argue with me here...that post was supposed to be a complete mockery of those complainers who made 1.03 happen. I hate 1.03 with a passion, I loved 1.02. I'm just saying, that since they don't have DFA to complain about no more, they have to find some other thing to complain about. It's quite sad.

Mmmm, I love finishers, they mean I can hit the guys exposed area with little or no risk. So far I've only come across one guy who I would say was a skilled one hit killer. He used some interesting combinations that threw me off.

The trouble is that you can learn all of those combinations and how to avoid them after one or two tries. If someone beats me twice in the same night with the same finisher, I am really dissapointed with myself, or impressed with his impressive skills.

As for your suggesting that Heavy stance required the most skill prepatch I would disagree. Light Stance did--I never saw anyone with enough skill to make it work :p. Post-patch it's similar but more close to balanced. Medium and heavy are still the chosen stances for most of the best players, but light stancers are making their mark.

DFA - I do not know why you saying MOST people think it was crap. A more accurate answer would be MOST people on these FORUMS think it's crap. Think about it, why do people come to these forums anyways? I can tell you that the majority will say that they have something to complain about.

I wish they had left it like it was pre-patch, just fixed the little collision bug and let that be that. Now it's rare that people use it and I get to hit their exposed backs :D

Archived