Home

The Best Star Wars Movie Ever Is....

Ohn Ruukon

Whats The Best Star Wars Movie Ever??  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Whats The Best Star Wars Movie Ever??

• Episode I
    • Episode II
    • Episode IV
    • Episode V
    • Episode VI

Return of the Jedi - Although ESB comes very close, ROTJ is better in my opinion, as you finally get to see Luke coming of age as a jedi, its got the big scene in Jaba's palace, and its got the scene at the end with the Emperor, Vader, and Luke. Pure quality.

i gotta say ESB. Althought if ROTJ had been filmed the way it was originally scripted, before Lucasand his producer parted ways, it would probably be my choice.

Originally ROTJ was supposed to have been much better, but the producer that had been tempering all of George's stupid ideas in the past, left, and George was left alone to run wild.

First, ROTJ wasnt originally going to be about destroying the second deathstar. It had been decided that rehashing the entire plot of the first movie would be stupid and they werent going to do it.

Second, there werent supposed to be ewoks, because everyone (except george) realized how stupid they were.

Lastly, the ending was supposed to have been much better. Han would have died during the end battle, Leia would have been forced into leading the leftover remnants of the rebellion, and Luke would have been left all alone in a galaxy he had just risked life and limb to save. It would have been a sobering, realistic ending, about the group of frieds who had been thrown together in dire circumstances now going their separate ways.

Instead george got his way, and started the downward spiral that eventually led to ep1 and 2.

*shrug* oh well...such is life.

-Abs

Gotta say ESB...

The Han/Leia dialogue was the best interaction in any Sw film, largely because the director (not Lucas for this one) new the written dialogue didn't work and so got the actors to improvise. We see Yoda (return) for the first time and Luke takes the first steps to becoming a Jedi, and has his first warning about the darkside.

The Hoth battle scene at the beginning was incredible, and we see how masty Vader can be to his underlings...

Then ESB ends with one of the most climatic and referred to moments in film history - "Luke, I am you father!"

Truly the best.

(Just a little IMO: ROTJ, EP1 and EP2 are the way they are as Lucas is still making kids films. We all wan't to see SW grow up with us, Lucas wants to see more kids become SW fans, hence the Gungans, the overplayed and unsubtle love story between Padme and Anakin etc.)

Hmmm...I'd say it's a tie between ESB and RotJ.

Both were great movies and had great action.

I'd say Episode II had the best fight scenes in the series, but OMG the first half of the movie had me bored to tears. Awful dialogue and acting (what were they thinking with the "sand" line?)

Well, my favorite would have to be ROTJ, bevause that is where everytning comes full circle. Eepisode 1 and 2 were good. As far as anyone compaining about the love story between Padme and anakin, that is necessary for the saga. Remeber SW is in essence, a story about a family, much like ROOTS. Though not as well acted by far.

I prefered the originals by FAR, and in that area I'd say Return of the Jedi was probably the best seeing how it was conclusive and pretty much ends the saga..

Epi II was also very good too I must add, especially in comparison to TPM (ick :p) yet the acting was not much better it certainly was made up by the amazing sceneries and kool lightsaber action!! :)

Cheers ;)

Archived