Home

Finished: Swoop mapmodel

winner_rex

The model looks great....

just a thought... try re-texturing it...

it needs to look more rugged.... put a blast mark or engine scoring on it... it should be rugged because they are common to tatooine and mostly used by gangs.... other than that looking great.. keep up the good work

yeah i know they are not only on tattoine but i was thinking that the red should be more of a crimson... im just thinking of what my toy looks like.....

also i am trying to think back to the ANH SE and AOTC

Damn, I didnt even see this thread till I already posted two replies in the other one...

Must copy/paste...

Sweet man! I can already picture a couple of those parked outside of a bar or something.

I dont know how making map models works, but if possible you should make like 2 or three different skins for em. The classic brown and rust red, a sleek black and steel, and a black with a flame job.

Way badass. Im going to have to learn how to map. This gives me such wonderful ideas for levels...

The really kool thing would be if some of the mod makers out there were to use this model in some kind of total conversion. You can use an ATST in single player, I can just imagine the ability to jump on one of these bad dogs and actually ride them.

You should check with the link on the main page. Some guys are doing something called "The Hunted" or something like that. Some kind of Bounty Hunter total conversion. I can see them adding vehicles to their mod in a useable fashion. They would just need to animate a sitting, and a lean right/left animation to the character models, and add some kind of contact points to your swoop model. Then VROOM your bountyhunter can zip off to track his next mark with speed and style.

There. Much better. Good work man. A Boba Fett would look so slick riding one of those things...

you guys are all welcome!

I hope you can all use it well!

Ten Tigers: I don't know what I'm going to do next, Remark 666 suggested a saber handle which I might do If I can make a cool one (like an organic creature that emits the blade from its mouth?)

It's up to you guys.

Dark Cloak: I'm not so sure that would work very well: the animations are not the sabe and effectively I'd have TEH FLYING RIDERLESS SWOOP TAHT FIRES MISSILES TEN FEET ABVE ITS HEAD...Could make for some humorous situations but I think my skill is in modeling more than anims/modding!

Rock on!

EDIT: I made a dumb mistake which makes the pipe and rail textures disappear...I have reuploaded it, same adress and everything, so if you play to use it please grab the newest version!

I like the sound of that lighsaber. But doesnt that replace all the lightsabers in the game? That's the only reason I really shy away from saber mods. If it would only affect YOUR saber that would be kool.

But if you dont do a saber, Id suggest doing a Dewback next. Although you may want to seek the help of a talented skinner to help it look authentic. The scales have mad texture. A smooth scaleless Dewback just wouldnt look right. Otherwise Id suggest a good old fashion Episode 4, T-14 Land Speeder. Between that and the Swoop Bike, it should add much more life to the Tatooine maps people are starting to make...

But Im just one guy. What does everyone else think? Saber? Dewback? Land Speeder? Something completely different?

My money's on the Land Speeder...

Archived