Home

DFA the easy way

Xabien

Hello.

I see there are still alot of people saying "How do you do the jump and slash down move?"

Dont know if this has already been mentioned but here goes anyway. If you cant work out how to do the new DFA, simply do the same as you did in version 1.02 but hold down the fire button. (run, hold down fire, press jump when coming to end of swing.)

rofl.. i laugh so hard when i see people spamming dfa in 1.3... since 1.3 ive died from a dfa once. now when someone dfa's i side step and wack em in the side while they are on the ground ROFL, newbs.

Who cares about the DFA anymore?! V1.03 screwed heavy stance up to the point that using it is pointless. There are few things on this planet as boring as a Heavy v Heavy duel in V1.03.

If you want to help people teach them the middle and Light stance special moves.

Side note:

V1.03 sucks!! why? no not because of ass fighting, its because IT'S TOO DANG SLOW!!

lowered normal saber damage = more backstabbing, assfighting whores.

Damage back to 1.02 = less back stabbing, assfighting whores.

As for sabers..I think changing the damage back will eliminate assfighting (as 2 hits in their back and their dead...)

there are other things..but I dont' feel like getting into a heated arguement..so I think everyone can agree on atleast THAT.

Originally posted by FatalStrike

Who cares about the DFA anymore?! V1.03 screwed heavy stance up to the point that using it is pointless. There are few things on this planet as boring as a Heavy v Heavy duel in V1.03.

If you want to help people teach them the middle and Light stance special moves.

Side note:

V1.03 sucks!! why? no not because of ass fighting, its because IT'S TOO DANG SLOW!!

HELLLLOOOOO!?!!?!?

heavy stance rocks now! I can take on a person and win two out of three times without force or backstabbing! you are just trying to use heavy cheaply probably, use it right and you get good :D

This is off topic but I think DannyJ misunderstood me.

What I meant about slow is that the game itself is really slow. Your character walks and swings much more slowly then v1.02. I didn't fully appreciate this until I reinstalled the game and played without remembering to install the update.

I agree with you that there should not be any one hit kills.

Originally posted by Madcow

HELLLLOOOOO!?!!?!?

heavy stance rocks now! I can take on a person and win two out of three times without force or backstabbing! you are just trying to use heavy cheaply probably, use it right and you get good :D

It rocks now, huh? Exactly how is it BETTER than it was? Is it the fact the a heavy v heavy duel takes about 25 minutes against a fairly good opponent? Is it the fact that it has no effective special moves? Is it the fact that I can hit you with a saber throw twice before your swing is over?

I rarely lose a duel and I only used to use a DFA on morons that ran by my swinging like idots. It was a punishing move to teach noobs that one shouldn't run swinging like a blind Jedi having an anxiety attack!!

I like heavy much more now with the patch, but I would like some of the speed back. I have no problem beating most people with it. The combos are what put it over the 1.02 version. Granted in most fights you will come out a little more battered then in 1.02, but it works.

The DFA is also still useful, and I'm not talking about spamming it. It's a great surprise move when you're doing a combo and on the third move you leap into the DFA, most people don't expect it. It's also good for getting out alive when you have 4 enemy team people on you.

My young padawans....

Why are we so irate about heavy vs heavy battles... I detect that some of you are too fearfull to use any other stance. Heavy vs Heavy IS a waste of time.

Just try light vs heavy sometime. Sure you may not kill your opponenet in 2 swings, but if you time it right you can hit them 3 times in between one heavy swing.

You padawans must learn to adapt your stances and tactics to the situation. I feel like some of you, have that backstab ideaology of finding one thing that works and sticking with it. The only thing that gets you is a long series of successes followed by the occasional rude awakening by a moderately skilled player.

I just re-eread my post to be sure. I said that there are still alot of people asking me how to do DFa. therefore I posted what I think is the easiest way. I didnt say heavy or dfa was good or bad.

Put that in your crappy pipe and smoke it n00b :)

Also

"Your character walks and swings much more slowly then v1.02." Yes. but you can now pull off 2 heavy hits faster in 1.03. Although not alot of people know how to. :)

Listen I was only trying to say that noobs are better off learning a medium or fast saber tech. But you want to tell me all this nonsense about how heavy is soooo good now. Well I disagree, I believe the slow swings leave you open to force powers and throws much more than before.

This is a tip for all you noobs out there who want to defeat these self proclaimed Heavy experts.

If they swing close to you back up and throw your saber. (be ready to strafe if they launch a DFA)

If they swing and you know they can't hit (to far away) you throw your saber get a hit then as there swing is about to end, pull them and score a quick hit (fast swing or kick if you can do it)

If at anytime they fall (because of the kick or the Pull) spin around and back swing them to death.

Repeat this until they die and then laugh at them as they complain and call you a cheater.

LOL

No style is better than the other. If you take away all the people who use DFA, backstab, backslash, it comes down to how skilled the player is. Noone who is moderately good will beat a great player with one stance vs. another.

You can say all day about how heavy sucks because all you have to do is this, this, and this, but it doesn't work all the time. If heavy stance was soooo easy to beat, I would be the lowest scoring player every time I play. All people who use heavy stance aren't "padawans" or n00bs because if they were they would be killed easily.

Just play the game...

Archived