Home

WIP: Sidious\Palpatine very early model

Adonai Saboath

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mariners2001

Sithlord,

your new screen is good, but I think if it matched the icon picture it'd be perfect. The icon is am perfect skin for the Emperor.

ummm.. the icon is just the picture I took in modview, it IS the skin I made. its just the angle of the ingame shot that doesn't make him look good. btw why is the hood so light in the ingame shot, I used Arco's but made it alot darker, like in my avater/icon

Very Nice Sithlord!

Yeah, your icon picture/angle does look better. Really looks good(evil).

I'm glad Toonces is a better modeller than photographer :p

j/k

I love both Toonces's and Arco's robes for different reasons. Toonces is textured more acurately, Arco's is shaded and highlighted beautifully AND the under-robes are wonderfully painted :D

I still would like his robes to be that textured black, plain and simple, along with the under-robe detailing like Arco's. Arco's robe is a little too grey for my (absolute) liking. I know the robe we've seen so far is an early version, so I'll wait eagerly for the final results.

I've been pretty busy past couple of days, so I haven't played this game too much recently, but from what I've seen, as good as these screens look, I swear that the model looks even better moving in game. :lightning

Toonces, I can't wait for your next project(S) but this one is definitely the best.

-nomad

"You will pay for your lack of vision!"

I think I explained this a few posts up, but just incase you guys missed it. The hood appears light in thoes shots because of the shader I'm using. I have to make a lightmap for it so it appears darker in-game. Don't worry guys, this is still a WIP

Sithlords, Arco's and GraFox's faces all look really nice in game, it's probly just the angle I took the shots at that make it look a little diffrent

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com

Powered by Sith :lightning

right i am veeery close now. The young palpy is nearly done... but please don't expect it to look like him. it is my own creation. i have also changed his robes slightly and if anyone wants the robes (sithlord) then please by all means have em they only took a few hours to paint. I am making em darker an less grey also so that they are more like our good old palpy.

ARCO:deathii:

"??? No offense Arco, but whats the point of making a "Palpatine" skin if its not going to look like him?"

because he is gonna look like this-

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/palpy1.jpg

Remember the blue maul i did... i made my own character. I like to do this as I am creative type and just painting someone elses work altho chalenging is not as much as fun as making my own character... i like to do this and so i will. It is the red CTF and adds variety to your game. kiss my feet and call me a munkle lover.

Arco:deathii:

Remember the blue maul i did... i made my own character. I like to do this as I am creative type and just painting someone elses work altho chalenging is not as much as fun as making my own character... i like to do this and so i will.

Thats between you and Toonces I guess. If he feels good about that being the "Young Palpatine". Even if that is a team color, most team colors at least resemble the person, including your Darth Maul if I recall correctly.

kiss my feet and call me a munkle lover.

You are easily offended.

Settle down boys ;)

The Skin looks great Arco :D I dig the tatoo on his cheek

keo, It's all good, I'm thrilled that Arco wants to make his own origional charecter, the CTF skins are a nice way to get creative. We already have 3 Palpatines and Sidious skin, so something different is definatly welcome to me :)

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com