Home

WIP: Sidious\Palpatine very early model

Adonai Saboath

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by icepool

Deetox I absolutely agree with you! But mine looks more like how the holograms look and I think thats what there going for since you never see a palpatine spirit in the movies.

you're right sorry i missed the part about it being a holo skin.

After 2 days with no net or PC for that matter, I am back and was given a link to this discussion.

All I can say about ghost and holo shaders is that the one I did does look more holographic, but not nearly as authentic as I wanted it to look. For that matter I was going to end up making 2 shaders one for yoda's ghost and a holographic one. I wanted them both to look as authentic as possible. But seemed only days went by and someone else beat me to the yoda ghost ROTJ look. Even then, it was a shader that was borrowed from another persons skin anyway (look up old ben ghost).

So I am still very interested in making a more authentic looking hologram shader. I have been thinking it over a lot recently and I don't think it's possible to make it have those "skips" in it where the image breaks up though. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try my damndest to pull it off.

I'm going to get started on this right after dinner so if anyone wants to leave me reference pic links right here, it will save me that much more time when I return in an hour.

I thought that post I sent never got posted because at the time it appeared that my computer had no connectio to the forums. So I thought screw it and went on to another project. No prob though, think I'll still work on this one after I get home from work tonight. Those ref pics are good minus one factor...none of them have the broken image effect I was really looking for. I'll just dig that up myself. I've got some time to kill until the phone starts ringing off the hook.

Where can I get the original palpatine skin to edit?

Well, considering all the sounds are client side, if that bite isn't included in the released model you could just put it in place of one of the taunts. I did that with the battle droid model. I thought the "...that does not compute. Wait, you're coming with me." sound bit was much more appropriate.

Thanks Jessman. Some more possible taunts. The emperors laugh after he says "every thing is proceeding as I have foreseen", and also at the end when he says "Now young Skywalker, you will die...." You could take the part "...you will die".

TAUNTS TAUNTS TAUNTS!!!

Gotta love Dest for his great jedimod :D

This model is coming with a full collection of 12 taunts (don't worry all the ones mentioned are there & more)

Also, some of the best lines are in there for some of the other sounds.

Even before the multiple taunt addition in Jedimod (Which Toonces and I really pulled for) we had this model's sound pack ready to go, full of plenty of evil ramblings. I think a huge factor in making this character come to life was the fact that his confidence is as high as can be, and he loves to tell his enemy how in control he truly is. His negative words do more than intimidate, they slip through his enemies' inner defenses and hold the power of the darkside. :lightning

BTW Toonces model of this character is truly awesome and combined with his lines, the model comes to life all on it's own, which makes it my favorite out of any of the great models out there. It's definitely nearing time to get this guy out there, however we must be patient and let the wonderful talents of the skinners come to completion on their own time.

-nomad

"Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the darkside will be complete."

Some possible taunts....

-"come boy"

-"the hate is swelling in you know"

-"give in to your anger"

-"It is unavoidable, it is your destiny"

-"there is no escape my young apprentice"

-"good, I can feel your anger"

-"strike me down with all your hatred, and your journey to the darkside will be complete"

-The emperors laugh

-"[laugh]good. Use your aggressive feelings boy. Let the hate flow through you[laugh]"

-"Your hate has made you powerful"

-"So be it.... Jedi."

-"If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed"

-"young fool"

-"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side"

-"You will pay the price for your lack of vision

-"Now....you will die."

Archived