Home

Jedi info from the devs

gavor

unknown asks: Why don't you guys release anything about the Jedis?

Shug_Ninx says: We want Jedi to be rare and mysterious, so we don't want to reveal how to become a Jedi, what it's like being a Jedi, etc. We can say that becoming Force sensitive is really the most secretive part of the system. Once you become a Jedi, progression is similar to other professions.

Speak volumes really. For those around here who got narky and claimed we made up the term 'force sensitive', read the above quote. It's direct from the 6th Dev Discussion. Nobody here made it up to discourage you.

It really will be a gamble as to whether you become FS, its a mystery as to how it happens. Maybe certain skills, maybe certain actions.

I was too lazy to ref the exact posts, but yes. There were some new members who thought we'd made up the term force sensitive or pulled it from the pen and paper RPG.

Just pointing out that its a real SWG term.

Originally posted by gavor

We can say that becoming Force sensitive is really the most secretive part of the system. Once you become a Jedi, progression is similar to other professions.

Just ask someone who is Force-sensitive what the secret is. Heh.

Sure, after a while, people will see a pattern. Some will be real patterns involved in becoming FS, and some will be pure bull****. "Hey, last week 3 people got FS after hunting Wampa!" "More people seem to become FS on Naboo than on Corellia" "I know at least 4 people who got FS the same week that they visited that area" "being a good medic helps you becoming FS" etc.

Sure, some of them will surely have a grain of truth in them. And some will be pure nonsense. So a hunt for jedi-dom could involve quite a lot of listening to rumours, and trying to figure out which ones to believe in. Hey, to me, that sounds more entertaining than being a jedi, by far!

Archived