Home

Jedi Knight 2 For Mac Announced! Booyah!

[SWS]Strider

http://www.aspyr.com/mini-sites/jk2/

Just wanted to let you know that JK 2 was announced for Mac today. So all you Mac users can soon play also. I just wanted to say to all you Nay sayers, I told you so! ;-)

Please don't hijack my thread into a "Macs Suck". That is immature and makes you look like a moron. Please be happy that more people will be able to join your community. I look foward to playing with you guys soon.

:-)

If you want to get techinical, then technically, using a Mac is what makes you look like a moron. technically speaking ofcourse.

[ Watch it with the flames and personal attacks, we don't take kindly to trolls here! - The Management ]

mAcS SUXORS!

bring on 1.04!

As long as the new versions are compatible in multiplayer, I say GOOD FOR RAVEN/LEC! The more people who can enjoy this great game on their platform(s) of choice the better I say.

More players = more games = more competition = more fun = potentially more mods = good for everyone!

If you think this will delay the next patch (if there is one), I wouldn't worry, they can always assign a few people to do that.

If you want to get techinical, then technically, using a Mac is what makes you look like a moron. technically speaking ofcourse.

I wont stoop down to your sad insulting level. Lets just say that your utter lack of maturity is showing. Better cover it up.

If you think this will delay the next patch (if there is one), I wouldn't worry, they can always assign a few people to do that

It wont at all. You see, raven really has nothing to do with this. A company named Westlake Interactive will port the games code to Mac. Then a mac gaming publisher will publish the game. Of course LA and Raven still have a say in it, but they won tbe personally working on it. Therefore, no delay. :-)

Please please please, don't start with the Mac's suck stuff. I really was hoping a lot of the community would be excited. I guess the ones that I actually want around anyway, are the ones who are excited or at least glad.

someone should post a poll asking who uses a mac vs wHo uses a pc, and i'll bet you 50cents and alot of pocket lint that a vast majority would rather use the pc for gaming over a mac. after that question is answered, i will ask this question before hand: why would the community as a whole be excited about it? excluding kurgan's reason.

but as far as gaming on mac goes...i'd rather play JK2 on a pentium 2.

I'm psyched about this. Although I doubt I'll be able to play the game on my iBook, its cool that the game is being ported to the Mac. And don't knock a mac until you try it. They're a lot easier to use than a PC and OS X rocks!

can you play against us PC users?

Yes you can.

Gosh you guys are missing the point. Of course you wont have as many Mac users, duh. Point is some people DO have Macs. This isn't a argument between which is better. It's about CHOICE, more people that THINK DIFFERENT than you can play also. Is that so hard to comprehend? That possibly someone has a different preference than you?

By the way, my Mac far from sucks. I have a 733 with a Geforce 3. My 150 FPS on RTCW is far from sucky. I wont get into a debate with you, but most of you obviously have no idea about what your talking about (some of you do).

Also keep in mind that since the system architecture for a Mac is different than a PC, the system speed doesn't equal a PC. So a Mac running at 733 mhz is acutally quite a bit faster and more powerful than an Intel PIII running at 733.

I used PC's my whole life, but when I graduated from college I worked at a small local newspaper for some time and worked exclusively on a Mac. Picking the differences was not hard and I eventually came to love the Mac platform.

I love using my iBook too, everything is so much easier. I don't even bother plugging my digital camera into my PC, I just jack it into my Mac, iPhoto loads up, transfers my pictures and easily lets me catalog them and upload them to my website. I wouldn't even begin to know how to do that on a PC, and frankly don't have the patience to learn.

And although gaming on Macs isn't as abundant on PC's, don't totally discount the Mac. Dont' knock it until you try it, you might be suprised.

The G4 is a damn fine product & OS X makes me wet my pants out of delight. Wintel machines are the market share, thats why more people use em, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Mac's. I'm glad that I can play my Mac using family now in this game.. :)

Archived