Home

PC Game?

Robbiesan

Oh yeah, but that won't be out for a while.

And for all your infos, that game is Star Wars Galaxies and is not EverQuest... the engine is much enhanced... in fact, if you saw any of the vidoes from it at E3, it looks incredible.

When it comes right down to it, where else will you be able to get online with 10,000 other people and flaunt your Jedi powers?

Where else can you go on quests to build a lightsaber and then fall to the Dark Side while your friends around you try to stop you?

For that matter, where else can you build landspeeders from scratch and race them against other (real) people?

It's gonna be a niiiice game. :cool:

No no, you can't break it down that far.

You could just go and say ever game is basically Pong... I mean really...

Pong was basically Janitor Joe... which was a game about a little stick man jumping around trying to enter doors. Same graphical level, same general concept... moving around in a black and white environment in order to score points...

Donkey Kong (the original) was basically Janitor Joe with color... same basic idea, avoiding little round objects and get to the top of the area...

Wolfenstein was basically just adding guns to Donkey Kong and turning the world upright... it was still 2D...

Doom was basically Wolfenstein with a third dimension to move in.

Quake was basically Doom with better graphics.

Quake III is basically Quake with better graphics.

Jedi Outcast is basically Quake III with a lightsaber.

So in summary, by your reasoning, EVERY GAME EVER MADE IS BASICALLY PONG.

:D

If you read the faq on SWG it says half the designers of the game are from everquest...so i have to go with SWG as a hypercharged everquest....but if you ever played everquest you would realize it is a kickin' game and this SWG game looks to blow it out of the water......P.S. Screw the jedi bit in SWG..everyone will be try to be a jedi or a bounty hunter...im gonna bu a bar owner..I.E. Mos Eissley(spelling)wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :joy::eyeraise::laughing::explode:

Originally posted by DarthHitts

P.S. Screw the jedi bit in SWG..everyone will be try to be a jedi or a bounty hunter...im gonna bu a bar owner..I.E. Mos Eissley(spelling)wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :joy::eyeraise::laughing::explode:

Well if you believe what they are saying in the SW Galaxies section of the Lucasforums, being a Jedi will be one step beneath impossible. You'll have to be Force attuned of course, and that will be few and far between for most characters.

Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El

And pong was a piece of arcade crap. When we got the definitions such as FPS, RPG, etc. thats when we started counting.

Unless you're a moron of course...O.o

Honestly, cant you ever post anything positive. Just about every post I've seen or yours is a sarcastic flame.

Remember..If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Originally posted by Cow_JK:O

Honestly, cant you ever post anything positive. Just about every post I've seen or yours is a sarcastic flame.

Remember..If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Thank you for the note, I'll forget it in about 10 seconds.....

9, 8, 7, 6...

All you need is Galaxies. :D

And to the others, it's very much not EverQuest in that it's basically a new engine... no loading screens whatsoever... unbelievably impressive dynamic lighting... completely different skill tree and experience system...

The only thing that really links the two directly is that they are both by Sony... but Sony also aided SquareSoft in making Final Fantasy VIII and I doubt you would say EQ and FF8 are all that similar. :p

My only regret about it is that I basically need a new computer to run the damn thing... and my system is only a PIII-800 with a GeForce2... kinda sad that that'll already be "outdated" by December. Eh, so it goes.

Galaxies will be worth the wait from what I've seen, though with most MMORPG, it will probably limp out of the gate, unless Lucasarts is really prepared for the influx of traffic. Knights of the Old Republic in 2003 looks to be a definite must-have as well.

Archived