Home

Why the game sucks.

grandmasterlee

I'm really tired of people getting bashed because they have a negative opinion about the game

Then don't let them voice a negative opinion.

That's the thing about free speech. It goes both ways. If people are allowed to be negative, then people are allowed to be negative about the negative people. If people are hurt by being torn down, they shouldn't bother speaking.

We've all paid good money for this game, if it isnt meeting our expectations we have the right to be angry

Yes, but you don't have the right to be repetative and bothersome. No one cares if you dislike the game.

I cant speak for the rest of you, but I don't like throwing away $50.

Buying video games is throwing away $50 dollars. If you really valued your money, you wouldn't be buying toys.

Idiots outnumber intelligent people in this game 10:1

Welcome to gaming. Enjoy your stay.

Yeah, theres probably 100 other threads written by people who dislike the patch, but theres also 100s of threads written by people who love the patch too

"But he started it!!" isn't a valid reason for anything. Neither should have 100s of threads.

People dont like it when old threads are bumped. So what are people supposed to do?

There are still active threads about the subject, so that argument holds no ground.

Don't start some lame online forum war between us.

1.) What the hell would an "offline forum war" be?

2.) If you don't like people disagreeing, don't talk.

The reason why people dislike whiners here is because this is a community that PLAYS the game. No one really cares if someone hates the game. It's just annoying.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have said in other threads, this game's Force, weapons and lightsaber combat are greatly balanced in comparison to the original JK and MotS, so quit whining. You should be happy with this.

You kinda changed what I said into youre own twisted version of what I said

I quoted you directly.

You kinda changed what I said into youre own twisted version of what I said. In other words, you misunderstood me.

Is that why you refuse to tell me how I misunderstood you? Or is it because I didn't?

Care to follow through? Or just make a BS excuse?

Every force power should have an advantage and a disadvantage.

Which, of course, would make no ****ing sense whatsoever in the context of the star wars universe.

There is no developer to community communication.

Yes, they don't like to toss money out windows. This isn't an MMORPG, there is no garaunteed semi-permanent support.

Everyone has been posting here for WEEKS with no feedback.

That's because it is a FANSITE FORUM.

The chances of a new patch making things better is quite slim

Of course, based upon your amazing powers of irrationally negative speculation

Originally posted by Xombie

I quoted you directly.

Is that why you refuse to tell me how I misunderstood you? Or is it because I didn't?

Care to follow through? Or just make a BS excuse?

I never "refused" to tell you.

Xombie, Since you wanted it so bad, here it is.

If people are allowed to be negative, then people are allowed to be negative about the negative people.

Thats true, I never said they weren't. But I can say I dont like it. Intresting how you mentioned freedom of speech, cuz thats what I was using :)

Yes, but you don't have the right to be repetative and bothersome.

Um, actually I can be repetative and bothersome about it. However, I dont think I was. Once again freedom of speech.

No one cares if you dislike the game.

OK, now youre just being an *******.

Buying video games is throwing away $50 dollars. If you really valued your money, you wouldn't be buying toys.

Whatever Mom.

"But he started it!!" isn't a valid reason for anything.

I never said it was. stop putting words in my mouth.

There are still active threads about the subject, so that argument holds no ground.

I didnt start this thread.

1.) What the hell would an "offline forum war" be?

Yeah, there you go being an ******* again. The fact that its "online" is implied. So I guess the word didnt need to be there. I didnt know we were in English 101.

2.) If you don't like people disagreeing, don't talk.

Dont EVER tell me what to do.

The reason why people dislike whiners here is because this is a community that PLAYS the game.

Hmm, ok well if you wanna play instead of talk, then why are you here?

ok, why dosent everyone just shut the f$%^ up for a few! this a forum right? right! are we all adults? i think we are so why dont we start acting like one then! oh yea, i missed the last Ep of Freakazoid! damn! oh well, dexters labatory is on! later all! : P:evanpiel:

by the way, i still think O.J. still did it! later

GO FRESNO STATE(i know they suck)

Originally posted by grandmasterlee

-There is no developer to community communication. Everyone has been posting here for WEEKS with no feedback. Seriously, it only takes 1 minute to look at the board and see how upset everyone is. A single sticky post from the developers acknowledging the complaints would reduce the pleas for change by 10 fold.

Dude, you are so so so right about this. I think it is so unfair that Raven doesn't respond to us. The tech support forum is loaded with posts from people like me talking about the freezing bug. Mike Gummelt finally read one thread that I started and all he did was ask me to email him. I am not going to email him because there is no reason he can't read all these threads. He doesn't seem to understand that this game freezes for no reason at any time! So I can't just give him specifics in an email; this game freezes or crashes at any time during the game. It either crashes and performs an illegal operation and takes me to a really bright desktop, or the game itself just freezes and I have to restart my computer.

And guys, grandmasterlee is right about the lightsaber. I was starting to get good at this game and now I suck at it with the patch. From day 1 of this game I always stuck to light and medium stances; hell, I can't even do a DFA move so I'm not one of those people.

I think Raven or Lucasarts should get off their lazy asses and start reading every forum and message on this site.

Originally posted by Nathan Wind

superman needs to quit being a prick. the community is saddend.

Hey what's wrong with Superman? Superman rules. ;) Besides, if I was saddening people, then this is really some screwed deppresive hole.

Originally posted by jarek

I'm really tired of people getting bashed because they have a negative opinion about the game. Grandmasterlee presented an arguement, rather than just saying "this sux0rz". There is a difference between that and bitching. If you fail to see it, ok whatever.

We've all paid good money for this game, if it isnt meeting our expectations we have the right to be angry. I cant speak for the rest of you, but I don't like throwing away $50.

For every moron that screams, "this sux0rz" theres another who screams back, "stfu quit bitching! die!". Idiots outnumber intelligent people in this game 10:1. If you disagree with someone thats cool, but telling them, "whiner! u suck!" only makes you look like an ass. It also doesnt add any weight to your opinion.

Yeah, theres probably 100 other threads written by people who dislike the patch, but theres also 100s of threads written by people who love the patch too. So what? Threads get buried over time. People dont like it when old threads are bumped. So what are people supposed to do? Not talk?

it is always good to see positive attitude....i agree with jerek, yet i will ignore both sides~~~~~~ damn why am i writting this..... i was supposed to ignore....ignore....:p

Originally posted by Demolisher

I am not going to email him because there is no reason he can't read all these threads.

I'd bet there's a really good reason.

HE HAS A JOB AT A LARGE GAME DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, AND YOU DON'T. You're lucky he responded, assjack.

Jarek: Calling someone a <whatever> (the forum masks it) for saying that no one cares about your opinion of the game is just silly. Everyone has an opinion, and 9 times out of 10, no one really cares what other people think. At this point in time, I read reviews of games for pure entertainment, not because I value their opinion. The fact that you dislike the game doesn't give your opinion any more weight than mine. I think people on this forum are getting a little annoyed because new topics keep popping up, like this one, where someone says something thats been said 900,000 times. I think its clear by now that about half the people here like the patch, and half do not.

Community-Developer feedback is not a necessary thing with FPS games. You already gave them your money... guess what, you're ****ed. Welcome to real life, the place where you don't always get what you want, and nobody cares what you think.

Do us all a big favor though: next time you want to post your repetetive opinion, follow these important steps, especially if you don't want negative feedback on negative feelings.

1. Write what you'd post on a peice of paper, or use notepad.

2. Throw that peice of paper out, or delete the .txt file.

There, you've just accomplished the same thing, and annoyed less people. That makes you a winner. Here's a peice of candy.

well, i have to say that this thread has cheered up my boring day at work anyway

since i already like the game (minus a few points, but like a lot of people have already said, no-one wants to hear what i have to moan about) then i just love watching people argue over it

And i have to say, i love this line:

Idiots outnumber intelligent people in this game 10:1 - Welcome to gaming, enjoy your stay

So true :D

:dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber:

:violin:

I'm a little teapot, short and stout

Here is my handle, here is my spout

When I get all steamed up, hear me shout

Just tip me over and pour me out!

I'm a clever teapot, yes it's true

Here's an example of what I can do

I can change my handle to my spout

Just tip me over and pour me out

:violin:

I think that people do have a right to complain about what they don't like about games. After all, the forums would be very boring if everybody got along. However, that doesn't mean that people should just go flaming each other; when you disagree with somebody, feel free to write about it, but try and be mature and post your opinion, not a blatant attack on people.

Anyway, if you are satisfied with the product support that Raven/LA has offered so far, well, thats fine with me, but I'm not. I expect more. Of course, I rarely play mainstream games for the very reason that big companies don't value their customers as much as the smaller companies. JK2 is a decent game, but it could have been so much better. I'll probably play it a little more, but I can tell you one thing: I will probably not buy another game in the series, and I will avoid Raven's games in the future. They didn't do a bad job, but I'm not rich, so you won't see me spending my money on mediocre games that have potential. I want a good, complete game with support. You may not require that, and thats fine, just don't flame those of us who expect a bit more.

Actually I enjoy playing this game over a LAN where I know people and we all get along and agree on rules (no excessive backstabbing, duels have certain rules that everybody agrees on), however, once you get out on to the other servers, well, you're always going to have lots of immature people in the game, and it is oh so easy to lame in this game. Raven doesn't care, and it probably makes them money. They would lose a lot of 12 year olds if you couldn't spam one specific move, or one specific force power and win. I enjoy games that can be played competitively, and well, this game can't. Its a recreational game (CTF is probably a good competitive environment where you can't lame that much, but there aren't enough people with the game on my LAN to get these going), thats easy to learn, but skill plateaus too easily IMO.

:evil5:

I guess you like having to reboot your computer all the time when playing a game. You must like being in the middle of a duel with another player, free for all, or in some important part of single player and then all of a sudden the game crashes or stops then having to wait for your computer to reboot. I feel bad when it looks like I've abruptly left a server; I don't want to seem rude or lame. Second, I have a real good computer and it's ridiculous that this game has to have problems with it.

You all have to understand that Raven screws gaming communities over and over again. They never keep their promises and always abandon the community. They screwed over the Hexen II community by leaving Hexenworld unfinished in beta and loaded with bugs. They kept adding more and more bugs into Heretic II instead of fixing them. I think Elite Force is the only game they got right. Raven's problem is that they only care about money. Hell, that's the problem with the world! Instead of doing something nice for gaming communities who bought their games, Raven just sits back and says "**** them, we got their money already, so lets go"

Its just a shame people cant discuss things and be civil even tho they disagree. With my first post, I tried to do that. But now lamers have turned this thread into a war zone.

Sadly I sunk to their level on a few of my later posts. Unlike most people, I can admit when I'm wrong. (wrong about sinking to their level, not my opinions of the game).

I've realized that I cant discuss things with people who just want to instigate fights and/or people who think they are always right about everything. Some people use this forum to discuss the game, others use it to vent their frustrations with the problems, and then there are those who sit back and look for opportunities to attack people.

Archived