Home

Mace Windu EpII Saber in progress

Lord Darkblade

I am going to test my skills at the Mace Windu saber from Episode II. Somthing I will need from the community (with all it's vast resources) is a bunch of reference pics of his saber in action, static, powered up, down whatever...anything with his saber in it I need. One other thing I might need is a skinner but I will ask when the time comes that I am ready to do so.

Thanks for all your help guys and if you need to send the pictures to me and can not post them here please send them to zcoldfusion@hotmail.com

i've seen pictures before, just have to look hard. Mace Windu has 2 sabers, 1 for episode 1, and 1 for episode 2. his episode 1 saber is just silver with some ripply things... boring. his episode 2 plasma saber is silver and gold, which i hope is the one your going to model. just look at some pictures of mace and perhaps you can look through the saber skinning forums on this sight. good luck with the saber, hope it looks as good as the other saber hilt mods i've seen.

dont know if that picture will help as a main reference, but that was the saber i was talking about. now that you know what it looks like it shouldnt be a problem finding another picture online. good luck.

thanks crazy_elmo, that image helps a ton. If anybody can find a picture that has his lightsaber shown from four different angles (one shot from each side of his saber - side, front, back, other side) that would help alot. I had one of obi-wan's ep1 saber but one of Mace's saber would be a big help.

Thanks guys :)

here is a preview of the Mace Windu Episode II saber I am making. I think the half circle above the three buttons needs alot of work but I'm having a hard time making it. Other than that I need to know what you guys think... :)

Cunstructive criticism please :slave::smirk2::)

macewindusaber.jpg

ok, V!G has helped me to reduce the poly count from 2433 to 397. The tags are messed up but I will try to fix them to I can see if the saber model is scaled right for the saber blade. I will post some pics once I have the tags right and maybe a few ingame pics of the unskinned version...then all I need is a talented skinner...and to know how to UVunwrap and all that info on turning the model into a mesh... :)

The saber is comming along well and just wanted to let all you guys know that :)

Thanks for your support guys :):slave:

the model looks VERY good. however, it looked like it was being held WAY too high. to fix this, adjust the tag_parent to where you want the top of the right hand to go. all tagging information is available on my tutorial thread. if it is unclear, please post a specific question and either I or someone else who knows will help you out.

Archived