Home

strange combo?

lf412

I have seen on some servers where people pull off a DFA and then immediately, less than a quarter of a second after the move, go into a heavy stance backstab. I always thought that after DFA your saber actually had to come back to the ready position? Or maybe I was just lagging and missed a lot of animation frames? Any thoughts?

During one fight, three of us did DFA and landed right by each other in perfect synch. Before I knew it I was doing the backsweep and the other two went down. Since then I have noticed many intentionally overshooting opponents with DFA just to get into perfect backsweep position. No ready posistion seems to be required.

As soon as you land a DFA you have about 1 second of being "frozen" and then you get back up, what these people are doing is just pressing back and attack while you go behind to attack them, thus they start a backstab when you get close.. it's a very good tactic, you can even add a jump to the backstab to make a flying backstab. Don't attack from directly behind, come from the side if you want to slice your opponent, but it is better to just saber throw. Also be warned that the "saber buried in the ground" bug still exists and if you walk over the tip of the crouched person you can die instantly.

yes indeed it is totally POSSIBLE :D but in order for it to work your opponent has to be behind you, this move is usally a backup after youve missed with the dfa *9/10 times :eek:*

rather simple DFA as soon as you land press back and slash while still in red\heavy stance *backsweep move is the same animation red/yellow stances*

this move looks highly sweet if done in a crowd ;) and you hit some one with the dfa and get the person behind you while your at it.

2 ways to deal with the Red DFA to Redstance Backsweep

1) (Force Jump must be on): Once you see one of these Deadly DFA'ers attemp their combo, immediately run towards the area they land and execute a kick to their face. Do not swing, if you fail to kick you may still be able to parry with your oppenent if he/she backsweep.

2)(With and Without Force jump): Once you see your target attempt to do this combo, in which mostly likey they will try to hit you with the dfa first, run up close to them and attempt the Yellow DFA. If you miss the yellow dfa your target may try to attack you while you are vunerable. However, yellow dfa can also go to a backsweep/backstab =*) (let them taste their own medice).

Usually if you are close enough to see the dfa - into - flying backstab coming, it's too late. :) It's so easy to accidentally DFA now that I consider it extremely useful in deterring people who would take advantage of my fingers slipping.

after someone does the dfa, just move left or right and backstab them. you have time enough that you can position yourself to backstab them, before they get you. just dont miss or it will encourage them to do it to you repeatedly

yes, i have a friend who does this a lot of time but not spamming it...his name is [JHQ]Enishi and i learned it from him the hard way (and then used it on leelink a couple times while recording our demo earlier today)

he does a DFA and if it misses he switches to light stance while still on the ground, as he gets up he uses a backstab, it works quite well

Archived