Home

Yuuzhan Vong skinpack, saber help

Chiss Lord

Yeah anyone remember my very newbistic Vong skin? I just read Rebel Stand and I'm starting on a small pack of Yuuzhan Vong skins. Except this time I know what I'm doing :)

Problem, lightsaber. I want to replace with an amphistick. Does anyone know how to make a saber with a crimson core and leave all the others the same? (I can take it from there.)

yeah it could easily be done ...

how do you want it to be ????

i m gonna re-read the njo books ....

if you describe me the amphistaff ...

i ll try to adapt it to my mod ...

(the other will also be able to see it ...)

so the big deal is to create a good shader...

EDIT i forgott about the white trail ...

i will not be easy to change it ...

the colored trail is not a problem but the white one is a different problem...

you mean the white trail that gets left after you remove the color?

dont worry: here's a method to disable it:

cg_player.c

// I'm not sure that clipping this is really the best idea
		//This prevents the trail from showing at all in low framerate situations.

if ( diff <= SABER_TRAIL_TIME * 2 )

comment the whole if block and all the trails are gone

tested by me (i made the saber blade totally invisible)

and dont forget to disable the

if ( (saberMoveData[cent->currentState.saberMove].trailLength > 0 || ((cent->currentState.powerups & (1 << PW_SPEED) && cg_speedTrail.integer)) || cent->currentState.saberInFlight) && cg.time < saberTrail->lastTime + 2000 ) 

I like NJO as well, i think there is a rather simple way to get rid of trails, problem is that saber is transparent and therefore it looks strange. the way i did it is i made all the (color)_glow2.jpg's compleatly black and i made yellow_glow.tga black aswell. Im not exactly shure if yellow_glow.tga does ne thing maybe if you left it it wouldn't be transparent, i'll screw around with this more. Ne way that rids you of saber trails and unfortunantly makes em transparent. good luck, send us some pics of what u have done so far, I also suggest you do a new model for the Vong instead of using one from the game, also you may wanna make a new model for the saber and the handel themselves.

Sorry it took so long, I've been having Internet problems.

Raptorz922, that was my first mod, I can do a lot better now. I've already got some facial text for the first one. The tatoos look great I'm try to make it stand out a little. As for new model, its hard to say. I don't think I'll make a complete new model. I'm expirementing with other models, so I think what I'll probably do is open one of the models that came with, and modify in the features I need. Or possibly combine parts of models.

As for the amphistick, I have no idea how viable this is. Plenty of pics of them available at http://www.unjoh.com

I think the best way to run this would be to add a new saber color, tell it not to diplay trails (movement blur) for that one, and then make the line2.jpg strech so it looks good. If we can have it use a different saber handle too that's even better.

Another possibility (which is way beyond me for now) is to make the amphistick a seperate model, and skin that, then have it be held like a lightsaber using the saber animations. I don't know if that's even possible though.

Veztar21@msn.com

Also, if this is useful to anyone, if you make the blur files all black the trail dissapears. So if you could tell it to look for different blur files for that specific saber, then we can cut them out easy.

Archived