Home

SP Double Saber

TuskenUK

Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible for somebody to make the double ended saber work in single player. Is it simply a task of taking the code from the multiplayer game and putting it in single player?

thanx

Rich

That would seem to be the logical answer.

I'd also like to see if it's possible to great a saber blade 2 igniter button. So, you can be using one blade against an opponent and then another joins in and you switch on the second blade and kick ass..

:D

oh yes...."take the code from multiplayer, put it into single player", what could be more trivial than this???

The answer is NO

We do not have the single player code

We won't have the single player code ever

We do not even know how the saber is handled in the single player, and from what I see there, it's not even similar. Else, why wouldn't the saber in multiplayer fall?

So, stop hoping for a miracle, there won't be one

And no double saber in single player

Luke: I... I don't believe it!

Yoda: And that... is why you fail...

After looking through the MP code, the SP scripts, and the differences between an MP and SP map in Radiant - I'm pretty much convinced that the SP game is a heavily scripted version of the same elements the MP code uses, without all of the online/lan server configuration commands, bot settings, and spawn targets.

Just scroll up through all the console commands after starting a new SP game, and you'll see that it too is running a server.

If a double-bladed saber can be coded in MP after about 15 minutes of programming (how long ChangKhan said it took to do), then it can be done it SP as well. Someone will figure it out eventually. The problem is that no has seriously attempted it yet... or if they have, has posted to the list.

It will happen eventually, since it's probably the MOST requested SP modification to date (next to playing SP as Anakin). I know it doesn't exist yet - but I also know that some of the experienced mod makers out there could do it if they just put their mind to it. But alas, most of us are focused on other aspects right now. So I post from time to time when the subject comes up to see if there's been any new discoveries that might help us find it.

"Soo cer-tAin are yoOuu..."

you talk about coding it in SP....but where would you take the code?!?

You say: "We have MP code released, just modify it a bit and it will work"

I say: "You don't know the exact mechanics of SP and how exactly it works"

Also, SP game does not use qvm's, and no multiple dll's either.

So you are screwed here....

You can't modify SP till you have it's source

Even if this is a 15 minutes fix (and remember, chang and the source are like brothers...he knows every inch of it...so if it took him 15 mins, expect a long work for you, even if you are experienced)

Ok... then enlighten me.

If the variables for the dual saber can be found within the MP source code, why can't those variables then be transferred into an ICARUS script that can be Defined, Set, and Affected upon an entity - like the WP_SABER - and be inserted into the start script for an SP level?

It appears to me that any variable string from any piece of the code can be Defined as a script term, and run within an IBI. Is this not accurate?

By the way, I've been scouring the MP source code to find the variables that contain the code for /thedestroyer cheat, and haven't had any luck at all. Many hours of reading and scrolling through code...

If anybody has come across this during their work, if you could point me toward it and I'll give the idea I posted above a shot in SP and see if it works or not.

Thanks in advance.

you want the code, you got it. I highly doubt you would be able to do anything with it though

code for the console command recognition:

else if (Q_stricmp(cmd, "thedestroyer") == 0 && CheatsOk( ent ) && ent && ent->client && ent->client->ps.saberHolstered && ent->client->ps.weapon == WP_SABER)
{
	Cmd_ToggleSaber_f(ent);

if (!ent->client->ps.saberHolstered)
	{
		if (ent->client->ps.dualBlade)
		{
			ent->client->ps.dualBlade = qfalse;
			//ent->client->ps.fd.saberAnimLevel = FORCE_LEVEL_1;
		}
		else
		{
			ent->client->ps.dualBlade = qtrue;

trap_SendServerCommand( -1, va("print \"%sTHE DESTROYER COMETH\n\"", S_COLOR_RED) );
			G_ScreenShake(vec3_origin, NULL, 10.0f, 800, qtrue);
			//ent->client->ps.fd.saberAnimLevel = FORCE_LEVEL_3;
		}
	}
}

the variable you look for is the client->ps.dualBlade

again, i highly doubt that the dual saber handling is in the SP code, because there ARE some handling/drawing/animation differences between single blade and double blade

i don't think the sp code (if you could modify it...)

would recognize the client->ps.dualblade

to Akshara :

in the cgame for all the drawing you must check :

cent->currentState.bolt2

for the double saber when cent is the entity drawned.

in the game :

what ask gave you ....

by the way i added g_entities[bs->num].client->ps.dualblade = qtrue

in the ai_main.c

in the think function (can't remeber it s name..)

with a few conditions ..so the bots can have the double bladed saber ...

but you won't be able to add this to SP thought.....

Ok, thanks guys.

I hear what you're saying ASk, and understand. I'd just like to give it a shot and see what happens. Wouldn't hurt to try.

And Tchouky... I really appreciate your saber mod for MP. It's very well done and classy. I look forward to seeing more of your talents. I wish more mods were done with such care and quality. Thank you.

:)

Archived