Home

Star Wars: Episode 2

InnerPeace

Just today during computer engineering a peer was talking to me about EP:2 and it was brought to my attention that in the movie you could see Anakin fighiting sith style, when he held his light saber in the movie it was like the red stance and i never noticed that till he told me and went to go watch it again, if you watch Obiwan he hold it low, while Anakin has it high about his head, take a look while watching the movie again its pretty cool hehe :biggs:

In the game they don't exactly hold the sabers above their heads when in heavy stance and not attacking, do they?

They just shift their arms a little to the right or left and slightly higher, or lower. Also, i thought holding the saber so high was impractical. When the droids surrounded the jedi, some including anakin were holding sabers above their heads ready to fight back or deflect. Was that needed? I think it would slow down the time they have to deflect lasers.

And I kinda hated Episode II in the sense that so many Jedis could die so easily. I know they can't fight forever but I thought they could fight better than they did against those droids. I mean some were from the Jedi Council rite so that means there must have been many Jedi Masters and Knights there, even those not in the Council. Reaching that rank, I was expecting a much better fight like very fast reflexes to deflect very quickly approaching large numbers of lasers or something. I was even more shocked when that Jedi jumped up to attack Dooku, stood there, and was shot by Jango Fett. Couldn't he just deflect something? I don't think Dooku used some Force Confuse or such on the Jedi.

I'd hope they we less fallible though :) , especially against droids that fired normal laser.

That was why I thought the main and final battles are always fought by Jedis, light or dark. Apart from making it a more interesting ending, I was thinking that maybe they needed a Jedi to kill a Jedi.

Obi Wan - II arts of sabrefighting aka "blaster deflecting"

Dooku - III arts of sabrefighting aka fencing

Windu - IV arts of sabrefighting aka fencing/very close to the sith fencing (which means with a heavy intention to kill the target)

Yoda - Probably all IV arts combined to get the "blue stance" hehehe (he had 900 years to combine it heh)

Now, Anakin, you can see that he has already progressed to the 3rd style because Dooku and him do the exact same moves while they fight. However because he was still a Padawan and just knew the basics, he got his arm chopped.

Archived