Home

Anyone familiar with this sabre move?

Mallakai

This is all well and good, but after seeing it a few more times on my server I decided it's an illegal move and will be dealt with accordingly.

This player told me he "sets mouse sensitivity real high", it may or may not be exactly that, but in any event this was surely not intended to be done.

I can tell they have it bound to a key because if the setting was ALWAYS on they'd be spinning like mad all the time. Changing game settings on the fly is totally un-cool.

The more sheit I see people come up with the more I get disgusted. If you don't want to actually go and have a saber FIGHT then go play something else...please.

I feel your pain, GooglyMoogly. The spinning maneuver can be and is (frequently) bound to a key. Silly, unsportsmanlike ... but somewhat effective.

I agree though, why not actually try and use your saber to kill your opponent instead of spinning like a top over and over.

This move seems to be for people only concerned about the kill # on the final scoresheet before moving onto the next level. They must just go into a zombie state, pressing their binded keys, mouth open...a little drool coming out the corner. Their bored eyes watch as people succumb to their Blender spin :p.

Nice to get some more background on the move though. If it is in fact an exploit using mouse sensitivity bound to a key or something similiar, the person should be banned when doing it continously. It is a hard move to counter on a saber only server. If you throw the saber, most of the time it seems they block it with their saber. Kick will work, but not easy to kick them as they are spinning and one hit will kill you. I still dont understand how this move can get one hit kills if it is only mouse sensitivity doing it.

There has to be more to it than setting the mouse sensitivity up really high and then spinning around in place. I tried doing it myself and nobody died when they touched me and I was spinning.

Heck, I even did a broad horizontal sweep in heavy and only managed to kill like two people at separate times. No one even commented on it or told me I was cheating.

slacker

Ok, this isn't it but it's close!

Crouch and strafe left or right while pressing walk but don't press attack. Blue stance is best. To speed it up use force speed.

Not the "blender" because you don't stay still but a good substitute!

Lexx :leia:

I believe the command is cl_yawspeed. You could esaily make a script that changes your yawspeed, starts turning you. You could even throw a crouch in there. As long as the key is depressed, you would spin. You could have it reset your yawspeed when you let go of the key.

I don't see how that would work, though. The saber damage only does five damage per 'pulse' when it touches someone, so it would have to hit you 25 times to kill you if you just spawned.

They're probably linking it up with backstab. Pulling off the backstab, then spinning. Or something. I can't see how you could do it with just spinning.

You're right Kerbit. I have now seen some use this in conjunction with backsweep.

Someone fessed up and told me they "set the cl_yawspeed high before they attack". So it is a key bind and totally lame. I can only imagine we will see more and more of this crap.

I just don't get the cheating mentality that runs rampant through online games. How satisfying can it be? Is the end result really that much more important than honesty and integrity? Do they really feel like they accomplished something by doing this? I suppose if a running back whipped out a gun during a football game and shot everyone that got in their way of scoring these people would think "Cool..that guy is Uber lEEt!".

All I can say is that people that cheat are in for a rude awakening when they grow up. Their lives must be pretty boring living in such a black and white world. If the only way they can feel good about themselves is to cheat, then perhaps they should find something else to do because it's obvious they haven't the skill to play these games.

Originally posted by Mallakai

That's sad. I was hoping it was a legit move that just wasn't fully discovered in the game.

It can be legitimate, but I am finding it is usually not. For example, to do it without scripting, you can set your /sensitivity at 22 and then when you start the sweep/stab animation, mouse left rapidly. I do this as a defensive measure when someone starts spamming sweep using the yaw script.

I've seen this backslash fast spin quite a lot lately, and I've found it doesn't beat manual control 1 on 1. If you control your spin in your backslash so that the sabre stays on your target longer you'll do more damage than spinning like a top.

If you see someone running into big fights and start spinning, hang back and time it so that your DFA lands in the middle of them as their spin ends.. they'll learn, or they'll whinge, but it's justice served on dodgy methods.

You can make a yawspeed change a toggable key, I have a script that does it but since I can't play with extremely high sensitivity I don't use it.

As for spinning with a high yawspeed, you still swing at the same rate, it is not possible to swing any faster without using dark rage. And the 1 hp dmg from a saber contact will do no faster if you hold the saber on the person or if you spin around hitting them multiple times, try it.

Archived