Home

Anyone familiar with this sabre move?

Mallakai

Ive seen this a couple of times on servers that just racks up kills. Someone will crouch, then start spinning in place for about 3 seconds, not even swinging there sabre, usually killing anyone it comes in contact with. Looks like they might be in Medium Stance due to the lightsabre positioning, not sure though. Kicking can counter about 40% of the time, but that's it. Anybody seen this or know how it's done?

Its nothing like a saber throw. Imagine crouching in a medium stance, the saber at about 45 degree angle, then spinning in place quickly for about 3 seconds. The saber never moves like it was thrown or is being swung. If you get hit by the saber while the person is spinning, it seems to pretty much be a one shot kill. Have seen 2 people on 2 diff. servers do it before..cant remember who though. Powerful move, no idea how it's done.

I assume you mean the backsweep move, which is back plus attack with your opponent behind you.

The rapid spin is when the person cranks up their /sensitivity and mouses over to increase the degrees covered--and to out sweep other sweepers.

The crouch is to avoid the other sweepers as well. It is more difficult to hit your opponent if he is crouched; then he pops up, back attacks and mouses over rapidly for the kill, then back into a crouch to rinse and repeat.

I must be crazy then if nobody else has seen it...or I just saw it wrong. The person I saw never swung the saber at all, just crouched and spun. If someone was close enough to the saber to be hit during the spin, it killed them. Didnt look like any kind of backsweep/backstab that I know of. But if nobody else has ever seen it...maybe im wrong....

You're not crazy...I've seen it too.

They look like a spinning top. The spin is REAL fast and it is pretty much a lethal blow if you get hit by it. The saber remains stationary at the 45 degree angle you mentioned...they don't even swing it..it's all done with body motion.

Imagine the blades a the bottom of a blender and you get the idea...in fact we should dub this move "The Blender".

I had the opportunity to ask somone how it was done, but I was busy addressing someone that used a script to break saber locks and forgot to get back to the guy that did it right in front of me.

I've also seen this move many times. It's nothing short of break dancing w/ saber.

I hope somebody can shed some light on this one.

Also, there's this other move which I'm interrested in. You get the saber spinning around your body, but instead of having to move round and round to keep it going, they simply stop and walk away from it. They can keep that thing going forever. I asked a guy who was doing it what he called it and he said "Saber Freeze"....... Before you start posting that all they are doing is throwing it out, running around in a small circle and having it chase them...THAT'S NOT IT. They do that initially, then they can walk away from it and it stays in the same place just spinning around and around super fast.

Are both these moves scripts are are they legitimate moves?

whew!!

I dont think a saber throw will stop it..it would prob hit the person depending on their positioning in the spin at the time, kick worked some of the time..but had to be dead on or it would be an instant kill for you. I've never seen the saber spin you're talking about, but their is a link buried in the forum somewhere about this move...It talks about the regular saber throw/dance to get it to circle around you, and then walking away from it while it is circling in place

Originally posted by Mallakai

I dont think a saber throw will stop it..it would prob hit the person depending on their positioning in the spin at the time, kick worked some of the time..but had to be dead on or it would be an instant kill for you. I've never seen the saber spin you're talking about, but their is a link buried in the forum somewhere about this move...It talks about the regular saber throw/dance to get it to circle around you, and then walking away from it while it is circling in place

are you sure that the saber will circle "in place" when you walk away from it??? cos i do this move where i get the saber spinning around me, and i can move wherever i want and the saber keeps spinning, but it's always around ME :)

if this is what you mean, you just saber throw, hit and hold the primary fire while it's in the air, then just before it gets to you, just strafe to either right or left (i usually go right)... then it will be in orbit... then you can move everywhere with it still spinning quickly around you (though sometimes it messes up when you start moving)... some bots do this as well, it's bizarre!!! :)

but plz, if someone can shed light on either the breakdance blender move, or getting the saber to spin in place where you can walk away from it, plz tell!!!

OH - another question, why have they made roll so much faster than ordinary running??? (it's really cool with this saber move then rolling around the map slicing ppl in half with it)

do you mean it looks like a 360 strike, where they ususally do one normal strike then they continue to go all the way around? if sooe hahah that is fairly simple i do taht move with a combo

this move only works with yellow\red stance

*assuming your using the left keys, you may also use right*

-left+strike

-left+back+strike

then it should do a 360 spin in place

Nope..i dont think that's it. Im at work so cant test it out but think i know the move you're talking about. It looks like GogglyMoogly said, a blender. Continously spinning, for about 3 seconds while crouched. The blade never swings, just kills anyone that happens to get hit by it while the person is spinning. It seems that the person doing the move spins 360 degrees about 5x in the 3 seconds...pretty fast.

Scenario.

Player looks to be in Yellow stance. They DON'T swing the saber at all.

Player standing still...

Player crouches...

Player goes into a FAST 360 spin several times...

Their position and the position of the saber never changes (other than the rotation)..

Player stands up...

I think it has something to do with the mouse sensitivity...I'll bet if you crank up mouse sensitivity and whip your mouse either left or right you will spin around multiple times very fast.

I'm guessing it's a script or something...perhaps just binding a key to mouse sensitivity or yaw speed/turning speed.

Note: this has nothing to do with a special move or other saber move since they don't swing the saber at all. It's all body movement and nothing else.

That sounds right Googly. I just wonder how they're able to get 1 hit kills doing this. Even if you leave your light saber touching someone, it can take a while to kill them if you dont attack. I dont think the act of their sabre touching you once or twice during the spin could be enough to kill you. Still a mystery

2 things:

1)to leave the saber spinning in place hit taunt and walk away from it after you have taunted. (only works when the saber is spinning around)You must keep holding primary.

2)This move that you are argueing so much about i have also seen. I've never figured it our even tried it but i do have a theory on what it is. Its someone who has cranked up their mouse sensitivity and crouchs, backstabs and spins around like a crazy person. The backstab happens a bit after the spin so it appears the saber doesn't move. when the backstab stops, they stand up. Just a theory...

The blender is a pretty simple move. I have a cfg file that I exec sometimes for fun (blender.cfg, incidentally) with a jacked up mouse sensitivity. Never used it to kill people, though. I just look at the floor, force jump, and then spin like a maniac. It looks really cool when someone does a spiraling fall like that. I've never seen anyone use it to kill people, though.

Ya, I too have fell victim to the "blender". Noone that can do it ever wants to give up their secret when I ask. A person that can do it will jump into the middle of a fight, pull it off, and walk away with 3 kills w/o really doing anything. Makes you wonder eh? It looks nothing like a backstab/sweep cause it's so much faster than that, and when you see it, you'll just know.

Ok, more and more people are doing the blender trick. It has to be posted somewhere because I used to see it every once in awhile, now I'm seeing it ALL THE TIME....

If you're reading this and you know how to do it, just give it up already..........

[/grovle]

Archived